• future rockstar/imagineer

Dollywood and the Biltmore Estate

I just got back from my family vacation to Gatlinburg, TN! In the midst of the the Smoky Mountains is Dollywood which as you probably know is a theme park all about Dolly Parton. Its actually a really nice theme park with a few pretty great rides. I hope you enjoy!

my brother and sister

this ride was not fun. The "4D" was having the car constantly shaking to the point that it hurt.

just in case you were curious about pork products..

this was a brand new area of the park with a giant ropes course. sadly i wasn't able to go on it because i wasn't wearing the proper shoes, but it looked like a lot of fun!

the purpose of this ride is to get wet! people on the ride spray people of the path, and people on the path spray people in the ride!

another new ride. this one is pretty insane!

apparently its not enough fun the just ride up and then drop, so in this ride you have to pull yourself up to the top.

me and my brother

my sister and dad

well thats all from my day at Dollywood! stay tuned for picture from the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Dollywood and the Biltmore Estate

Fantastic trip report! Dollywood looks so much like Silver Dollar City in Branson! Wonderful!!!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

I've always wanted to go to Dollywood! Thanks for the pics and I'm looking forward to the Biltmore Estate, I went there a few years ago!
    I want my cake back!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I can't wait to get to Dollywood! Adventure Mountain looks so awesome. I loved the small version of that system I was able to try at IAAPA years ago.

I have always wanted to go to Dollywood! And now your photos make me want to plan a trip there today! It DOES look a lot like Silver Dollar City in Branson. But I would still love to check it out. Thanks for posting!
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

• Jack's Posse

It looks really awesome!!!!!!
    Does Dolly Parton really live there?
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

My and my friends are going to rent a cabin in Pigeon Forge in October. We want to see the new Titanic exhibit a lot though.

• Functional & Decorative

I just went to Dollywood for my first time this past summer. It was really great!

^^No, Dolly does not live there. The home on display is her childhood home. I also got to see her old tour bus, and her museum (which does not allow photography) is great, even if you're not a big Dolly fan!

As far as rides go, I greatly enjoyed Blazing Fury, and Mystery Mine is one of my new top fave steel coasters!
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    My and my friends are going to rent a cabin in Pigeon Forge in October. We want to see the new Titanic exhibit a lot though.
    we also did the Titanic exhibit and you really should not pass it up! they did an awesome job with it, and you will learn a lot from it. They even give you the name of a passenger on the ship when you start, and at the end of the tour you find out if they lived or died. A little morbid, but it gets you to appreciate the Titanic on a more personal level.

thanks for all the comments!

We had been to Gatlinburg many times before, but we had never taken the short trip over to Asheville to see the Biltmore. I talked my family into it, and we were not disappointed! The size of the house is sooo incredible! We had a great day there and, there was plenty to do besides tour the house such as visit the farm, horseback ride, shop, eat, and many other things! Sadly no photography was allowed inside, but I do have some pictures of the outside and the gardens.

they were filming a pilot for a new Travel Channel show

family picture!

we had a very delicious lunch at the Stable House! I would recommend this restaurant if any of you visit the Biltmore

petting zoo!

well thats all! i hope everyone enjoyed my TR!

• Minion

Awesome! Thank you so much! I'm going to have to go through my pics to see if I got any from inside. We were a private group getting a tour, so maybe I got some.
    I want my cake back!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Ooohh awesome!

We went to Gatlinburg a lot back in the 80's (last visit was in 1991). It's changed a LOT since then, some of the original attractions are still there. They had to rebuild the Ripley's museum and haunted castle because they were destroyed in a fire in late 1991 or 1992. The fire took up a whole block.

One of the Xanadu houses of the future used to be in Gatlinburg too. It was still there (but abandoned) up until the mid 90's or so, then it was finally torn down. I remember my last trip, my friend & I tried to find it (we went up the wrong street) and got a bit lost. Boy THAT was an adventure.

Is World of Illusions still there? What about the spook show, Hauntings? They had a Hollywood wax museum in the upper level of that little village area (if that's still there), but it closed in the late 80's. I remember visiting the Guiness Book of World Records museum and a big arcade that was around the corner from the Haunted Castle (they had bumper cars in the basement).

I remember a bunch of cheese & borderline creepy attractions in Pigeon Forge too (the little Magic World amusement park for one). Dollywood was never open for the season yet when we'd come during spring break (or it would only be open on the weekend). One of these days... I've seen lots of videos & photos of the rides and they all look so awesome.

I remember visiting the Biltmore mansion back on one of those trips too. BIG house! I remember saying to my mom, "I bet when they threw big parties, they'd still find someone wandering around 6 months later trying to find the way out of here!" It's like a labyrinth in that house!

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Fantastic trip report! Dollywood looks so much like Silver Dollar City in Branson! Wonderful!!!
    You are probably aware already but for others that don't know this was originally the second Silver Dollar City. And Dollywood is still co-owned by Dolly and Herschend Family Entertainment Corporation (Silver Dollar City).

If you have been on Fire in the Hole at SDC, they have a very similiar ride at Dollywood called Blazing Fury!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Ooohh awesome!

We went to Gatlinburg a lot back in the 80's (last visit was in 1991). It's changed a LOT since then, some of the original attractions are still there. They had to rebuild the Ripley's museum and haunted castle because they were destroyed in a fire in late 1991 or 1992. The fire took up a whole block.

One of the Xanadu houses of the future used to be in Gatlinburg too. It was still there (but abandoned) up until the mid 90's or so, then it was finally torn down. I remember my last trip, my friend & I tried to find it (we went up the wrong street) and got a bit lost. Boy THAT was an adventure.

Is World of Illusions still there? What about the spook show, Hauntings? They had a Hollywood wax museum in the upper level of that little village area (if that's still there), but it closed in the late 80's. I remember visiting the Guiness Book of World Records museum and a big arcade that was around the corner from the Haunted Castle (they had bumper cars in the basement).

I remember a bunch of cheese & borderline creepy attractions in Pigeon Forge too (the little Magic World amusement park for one). Dollywood was never open for the season yet when we'd come during spring break (or it would only be open on the weekend). One of these days... I've seen lots of videos & photos of the rides and they all look so awesome.

I remember visiting the Biltmore mansion back on one of those trips too. BIG house! I remember saying to my mom, "I bet when they threw big parties, they'd still find someone wandering around 6 months later trying to find the way out of here!" It's like a labyrinth in that house!
    They still have some of the old stuff there but i think most of it has been replaced. I didn't spend too much time in Pidgeon Forge or downtown gatlinburg becase besides going to dollywood and the titanic exhibit we mostly went hiking and played in the water in the national park. The do still have the Guiness World Records museum and i remember seeing some sort of wax museum. I didnt know about the fire, but everything has been built back and all ripley's has taken over it seems!

I really can imagine someone wandering around the Biltmore mansion after a party! It is sooo enormous!