• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Work has started on the Knott's Soak City Buena Park expansion

Here are some photos of the new slide (in parts) and the start of the preparation of the land... Plus Christmas decorations, and a Knott's Kitty (also Chicken and Duck photos)... Plus Demo has started near the Kingdom of the Dinosaurs, plus the Christmas Crafts booths are being set up in Knott's Berry Farm...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/961738

ENJOY!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Work has started on the Knott's Soak City Buena Park expansion

Thank you Darkbeer! Do you have any idea what the expansion of Soak City is? The tubes look enclosed.

Also, it is so sad to see Knotts getting rid of all of their family rides. Before long, it will be another ugly thrill park like Six Flags and we know how well that model is working for them.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

It is a Proslide Tornado, the San Diego Soak City has one, they call it the Pacific Spin..

Here is a photo..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...a/DSC04388.jpg

And you won't see Knott's get rid of the Camp Snoopy area, that is too important to them, and drives a lot of visits, especially by families. They just added a couple of rides, and more than likely will have something else coming soon.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Just Me

Perfect timing on the pics!!! We are getting ready for our first visit to Knott's.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Great pix Darkbeer. I'm intrigued as to what the new Soak City rides will be as well. A half pipe, a racing slide, traditional slides...? One thing's for certain, Knott's is likely too cheep to build what people really want, i.e. a water coaster and/or a turbulant river.

As far as the main park getting rid of it's family rides, I agree with Dusty Sage and his Six Flags analogy. Is the slogan of the ugly new extreme park clone going to be 'We're Knott-heads, We're the Berries". Knott's will certainly lose their family base to Dineyland, Universal, and even to Medieval Times down the street.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-13-2005 at 11:46 AM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Just saw the picture of the Proslide Tornado, and it looks to be a splashy blast! This is a very good move for the Company with repect to Soak City. Hope Disneyland builds a waterpark, as rumored, in the future.

Talking Knott's being bought from cedar Fair By Entertainment Co.

Have no fear Knott's lovers, there is some hope for the old knott's. I work for The Mitchell Group and I just saw the plans for the new knott's Resort. The Mitchell Group inc. is a new entertainment firm headed by billionare Daniel Mitchell. I work for BlueRush Imagination Anamation studios. We are kinda sorta like PIXAR but better. We are in talks with Paramount. But as for Knott's, I got a tip and got my hands on TMG plans to buy Knott's from Cedar fair in the next few years and they are going to bring back the history to Knott's. I herard they are taking out all the new coasters and bring back all the old rides like soap box and the HS. and ad new anamatronics to the log ride and mine ride. They say they are adding the first susppended monorail around the park. I hear that they will ad a downtown disney like shopping area and they are adding a new park in the Hotel parking lot. I'm very excited to hear this and as soon as I get more info I'll let everyone know. so tell the good news. I can't wait!!!!

• What have I done?

Talking Re: Work has started on the Knott's Soak City Buena Park expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    Perfect timing on the pics!!! We are getting ready for our first visit to Knott's.
    I know Knotts has changed ALOT over the years but you will have a great time. For what Knotts has it is very well themed. Their attractions arent Disney but not everything is Disney! If you are looking for a nice sit down restaurant try the Ghost Town Grill. Let me know how your vacation went.
    LOL my stomache is rumbling just thinking of their great chicken and oh so delicious Berry Punch!

"This guy!"