• Circle of Ancients

Sir Clinksalot's 2010 Knott's Scary Farm Video

Here is the video I put together for Haunt this year. Enjoy.

YouTube - Knott's Scary Farm Halloween Haunt 2010

• no flash photography...

Re: Sir Clinksalot's 2010 Knott's Scary Farm Video

The clowns made me laugh. I went to knotts scary farm once. I was told I ruined the experience, because I was not scared and talked to the "monsters". Whatever, they weren't scary and they were in my way. I asked them to move and they did.

It was scary when we found the maxes on the queen mary in july. No monsters, no loud music, just pitch black mazes with just me and my daughter. Now that was freaky.

• "I Break Things"

Years ago the Monsters of Haunt worked as a close knit team. Many were regulars at specific themed mazes whose layouts generally didn't change year to year. It was a similar atmosphere to Faire... where a lot of people knew each other, or at the very least had friends in common. It was before the sponsored mazes, before the massive overbearing crowds and the excessive glow-in-the-dark merchandise.

Now everyone has a can to shake, or a wall to bang on. Those old teams were the ones who came up with some of that. They mastered the blindside, the team ambush, and the amazing ability to simply blend in. I watched as they turned full size football players into babbling little boys, and grown women screamed like little girls.

GhostTown was an area most avoided... the smoke was lighter but the roaming monsters a lot more experienced. I remember a slider who mis-timed his attack. What was meant to be a scrambling screaming mass of cheerleaders turned into "cheerleader bowling"... they stood and screamed as he ended up sliding into them (unavoidable). The end result was a dogpile, a few screams, and a lot of laughs.

I knew some of those teams, I worked security and line, and the only theme park comparison I can draw is my time on Jungle. That was back when people were afraid of Haunt... similar to how people are afraid of Universal Studios now. It was before the campy commercialization you see now.

I also remember when The Hanging was actually funny. Sure Jason and Freddy and Pinhead were overused... but the jokes were hysterical and the parodies made you almost cry. I remember Barney, and Babe, Michael Jackson and Main Street Electrical Parade, JLo... no one was safe from their comedic sights.

Last year was a lot of fun because I saw a lot of Micechat people I hadn't seen in a long time. However it was bittersweet. I hadn't been to Haunt in the better part of a decade... and things were a great deal different. I don't mean to knock any aspect now... but I long for the Haunt of "back then"...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• no flash photography...

When was that skip? The one and only time I went was probably 10 to 15 years ago.

I didn't care for the mazes at all, because they were to claustrophobic and all the screaming was just annoying. I could not understand why they were screaming. They knew things would jump out at them....what exactly was so surprising to shriek so loudly?

Yes, the monsters would jump out of the fog at people and the people would scream and run....I just didn't get it. I guess it wasn't for me. The monsters were pretty cool though when they realized I wasn't scared they were pretty nice.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    When was that skip? The one and only time I went was probably 10 to 15 years ago.

I didn't care for the mazes at all, because they were to claustrophobic and all the screaming was just annoying. I could not understand why they were screaming. They knew things would jump out at them....what exactly was so surprising to shriek so loudly?

Yes, the monsters would jump out of the fog at people and the people would scream and run....I just didn't get it. I guess it wasn't for me. The monsters were pretty cool though when they realized I wasn't scared they were pretty nice.
    It was about 12 years ago. If you didn't enjoy Haunt back then, then you'd probably be demanding your money back if you went to Haunt now.

• Senior Minion

Great video Gregg. To me Haunt is all about having fun with friends, and it delivered on that aspect in spades.

•   

Great job editing! Thanks for posting it.

• "I Break Things"

in that long commentary I forgot to say thank you... the video itself is hysterical and well edited! I'm sorry we weren't able to make it this year. As Liz said it is mainly about seeing friends from Micechat.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

It was a hell of an evening and watching the video reminded me of how much fun I had. Thanks Clinks!

•   
    • Super Hero

Loved the video, Clinks! The Behind the Screams meet was a ton of fun and I'm so glad I went!
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab
    I still can't figure out where that strap goes.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I'm so spooky! hahaha