• Banned User

Michael Jackson's Neverland theme park...

I remember hearing about this project years ago, when Michael Jackson and Prince Al-Waleed, who happens to be the biggest private stock-holder for Disneyland Paris made news of it. It would had been home to A-class attractions done by companies who made Spider-Man the ride, Jurassic Park: The Ride, etc. The park would had re-created every aspect of the Peter Pan universe.

Thanks to http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/, many unseen, concept ideas have re-surfaced, and even the conference video of Michael Jackson, and Prince Al-Waleed announcing the project, and the entertainment company they created, Kingdom Entertainment.

Here's Michael Jackson's rendering drawing of his ideal Neverland theme park (he also loved to draw)...

Check it out, really cool, in depth stuff of the Neverland theme park that never was...
    http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...eter-pans.html

The author brought up a point, could this still ever happen? The fact that Michael Jackson, since his death, has made over a billion dollars from music sales alone (How Michael Jackson Made $1 Billion Since His Death | Billboard.com). It wouldn't surprise me. In fact, over in Gary, Indiana, Jackson’s hometown. A theme park is already in the works, which will include a golf course, performing arts center, a museum, a 300-room hotel, and Thriller-themed roller coaster. It will also feature a replica of Neverland Ranch but will Neverland theme park be apart of the plan?

The planners would be stupid if they pass on the idea, since Michael thought of the idea, and that drawing concept of the theme park makes me want to see it come to life.

The current planned theme park over in Gary, Indiana, Operations manager for the project Odie Anderson said: "We will begin construction of the facilities this year. We have set aside a specific date, tied to a special Jackson event, for the groundbreaking."

Source: Neverland going to Gary Indiana | The Official Michael Jackson Site

----------------------------
    Still no word has to what's going to happen to the real Neverland Ranch but the MJ's estate has won back the property. These below photos of Neverland Ranch were taken March of 2008 by photographer Jonathan Haeber.
    Many images I am not posting, out of respect for Jackson’s privacy. What I do post are places that were largely seen by the public (or at least by hordes of kids who count it a privilege to have been on “the Ranch.”) Whether or not you believe he’s innocent, one can still appreciate the beauty of Jackson’s vision in creating such a place. None of us should ever lose our sense of wonder and amazement at the world, and I think Jackson truly wanted children to have this, largely because he never had it as a child himself.
    You can tell Disneyland was a major influence, MJ went there often before he became super famous by 1983, and even some Disneyland artifacts can be seen in Neverland Ranch...

Source: http://www.terrastories.com/bearings...everland-ranch (Mr. Haeber also has stunning photos of the abandoned Six Flags Orleans, etc)
    Last edited by JMora; 11-17-2010 at 02:39 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Michael Jackson's Neverland theme park...

love the concept art! Thank you!

thanks for your info!
    I am traveling now.

• Banned User

Holy smokes! That artwork must be worth a fortune knowing that MJ himself drew that! Wow! Nice find JMora!

• long time listener

Perhaps that's a potential concept for Disneyland's distant future third park.

• Make it Cool

I'm trying to find out the name of the artist who drew that pencil render, but I can guarantee that MJ did NOT draw that. All art for that project was produced by Landmark Entertainment while it was partnered with Prince Al Waleed back in the 90s.

• Disney friends are #1

I think it's a stretch to say that MJ himself drew the pencil drawing. It looks professionally drawn with size and scale perspective. If I were to draw up some concept art of a park that I wanted, I would most likely have done it from the perspective of being seen from directly overhead. Not at an angle where I would have to have even more skills to convincingly pull off the angle and point perspective. I am convinced that this was done by a professional architect and not the scribblings of a professional singer/entertainer. It's just too professional looking. Besides, I never heard anything about MJ actually studying to ever become an architect. The photo shown shows the work of a highly skilled professional. Not MJ just doodling in his spare time. IMHO

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    I think it's a stretch to say that MJ himself drew the pencil drawing. It looks professionally drawn with size and scale perspective. If I were to draw up some concept art of a park that I wanted, I would most likely have done it from the perspective of being seen from directly overhead. Not at an angle where I would have to have even more skills to convincingly pull off the angle and point perspective. I am convinced that this was done by a professional architect and not the scribblings of a professional singer/entertainer. It's just too professional looking. Besides, I never heard anything about MJ actually studying to ever become an architect. The photo shown shows the work of a highly skilled professional. Not MJ just doodling in his spare time. IMHO
    A person who has the skill or yet, the "talent" of drawing/illustrate can produce an art piece in question. It's been known that Michael Jackson loved to draw, even his drawings have been included in his past albums from simple to very detail life-like art. Like this one which was included in the Scream album...

And here's MJ drawing Peter Pan, with Bubbles giving an helping hand, lol...

A person who's able to draw like this? Is able to draw anything!!! Being an artist myself, from life-like sketches, one can also paint, illustrate, technical drawings etc, etc. It's called talent, right? =)

Michael Jackson was also inspired by the Renaissance painter and sculptor, Michelangelo. Michael Jackson quoted Michelangelo as saying...
    I know the creator will go. But his work survives. That is why to escape death I attempt to bind my soul to my work.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    A person who has the skill or yet, the "talent" of drawing/illustrate can produce an art piece in question. It's been known that Michael Jackson loved to draw, even his drawings have been included in his past albums from simple to very detail life-like art. Like this one which was included in the Scream album...

And here's MJ drawing Peter Pan, with Bubbles giving an helping hand, lol...

A person who's able to draw like this? Is able to draw anything!!! Being an artist myself, from life-like sketches, one can also paint, illustrate, technical drawings etc, etc. It's called talent, right? =)

Michael Jackson was also inspired by the Renaissance painter and sculptor, Michelangelo. Michael Jackson quoted Michelangelo as saying...
    ^Does this fill the recommended quota?

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.