• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Sea World water show.

Does anyone know if the Sparklet's Water show is still at Sea World? Any pics?

• no flash photography...

Re: Sea World water show.

what show is this? The have cirque de la mer out on the bay. The fountain show that was inside is gone and a lighthouse 3d show is there now.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by fantasywatersfreak
    Does anyone know if the Sparklet's Water show is still at Sea World? Any pics?
    Nope, it's been gone for some time. While they were holding J.J., the grey whale, they had a show in that theatre about his rescue and release. A couple of years ago, they turned the theatre into a R.L. Stein (I think) Lighthouse adventure or something like that, a la Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Never been interested in the show so haven't seen it myself.

• Minion

LOVED IT!

Was a fixture from 1968. Not sure when it closed.

I have postcards burried somewhere. This is the best I could find off google.

I'm so glad I saw this several times. I was 12 (1976) when I first saw it. Mesmerized. And to this day ... any sincrognized water dancing show is beautiful.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Man I LOVED the Sparkletts water show. That was always my favorite thing at SeaWorld!!!! I sure miss it.

I'm not sure how long, but I think its been gone for at least 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Mexihick, y'all

That show was THE BEST! Sea World's attempts at 4-D movies fall flat.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Do you guys remember the 60's cinderblock building it was in??? Even as a kid, I remember thinking the building looked cheesy. But man was that a cool show.Sadly, I don't think today's kids (my daughter included) would think that it was as great as we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Escapé

LOVED IT!

Was a fixture from 1968. Not sure when it closed.

I have postcards burried somewhere. This is the best I could find off google.

I'm so glad I saw this several times. I was 12 (1976) when I first saw it. Mesmerized. And to this day ... any sincrognized water dancing show is beautiful.
    Isn't that picture the Fantasy Waters show back when it was new and called Dancing Waters?

It closed during the later part of the 1980s, about the time before Anheuser Busch bought the park.

That is a picture I found on the net years ago I saved, forgot where though......

But I have a postcard from my family still lying about the house, along with a cap with the Sea World logo of the 80s.

Anybody have pictures of the old wood entrances? Before the whole makeover into a pastel colored oceanography of the Carribbean motif?

Any other old attractions long closed besides Mission: Bermuda Triangle, The Japanese Pearl Divers, Hydrofoil Boats and numerous shows?

Wasn't their some kind of whale ride for kids.

• Functional & Decorative

I used to love that water show, too. I remember that they used to have 2 different shows, in fact, with two different music/water sequences.

I can confirm that while it is closed and replaced with R. L. Stine's 4-D Haunted Lighthouse (not a great movie, although it has some very interesting cameos...), the exterior of the building itself appears to be the same as before, except that it's painted a tan color now.

These pics are bringing back so many memories!
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Banned User

i wuld expect busch entertaignment to be looking onto changing the movie in a few years.. as all 4 parks attendence with that movie might be getting a little low.. (busch never had a line in tampa..)

I would have loved to see thayt show... (it could be reserected, and be pleaced outside and done at day as normal with music (like epcot) and done at night with color... and it can run rain for shine.. (unless they need to service it)

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    i wuld expect busch entertaignment to be looking onto changing the movie in a few years.. as all 4 parks attendence with that movie might be getting a little low.. (busch never had a line in tampa..)

I would have loved to see thayt show... (it could be reserected, and be pleaced outside and done at day as normal with music (like epcot) and done at night with color... and it can run rain for shine.. (unless they need to service it)
    2007 is the budgeted year for a new 4-D film. Of course... things can change...
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

• The answer is 42

I loved that show! While we're walking down Sea World's memory lane, does anyone remember the Star Kist underwater show that was in a neighbouring building that used to have 'mermaids'?
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a dark side & a light side and it binds the Universe together.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries

They were Seamaids. Sea World was fun when it first opened. The Pearl Divers, the Dolphin Lagoon and the Hawaiian Punch pavillion. One thing that never changed, the food is about as bad then ad it is now.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216