Blue Lights and Lasers! - TRON Legacy at the El Capitan (w/photos and video)

I went to see TRON Legacy in 3D at the El Capitan with a group of coworkers and I have to say that seeing it at this theater has got to be the BEST WAY to see this movie. The Picture and sound quality was excellent and they went ALL OUT on the theming to really heighten the moviegoing experience. And the laser show before the film was AMAZING!

A huge identity disk greeted us on the outside of the theater welcoming us to the world of TRON.

Disney went to great lengths to re-theme the theater to fit the mood and color scheme of TRON Legacy - replacing regular lightbulbs with blue ones and decorating the lobby with incredibly designed movie props.

The lightcycle and laser from the movie were on display.

The interior of the El Capitan received a special lighting treatment as well. Here are a few photos of the interior:

As for the movie, it was epic in scope. It suffered from some cheesy dialogue, and a few weak spots, but was definitely worth watching. The soundtrack by Daft Punk was very impressive and surprisingly nuanced - Daft Punk should be doing film scores way more often.

But, the highlight of the evening was the five minute laser show that filled the El Capitan with vibrant moving beams of color. Here's a video of the show. You really must see this in person if you have the chance!

I hope you enjoyed my trip report! You can find out more about TRON the El Capitan at the El Capitan official website
    Last edited by DisneyContinent; 12-20-2010 at 10:06 PM.

• Rrrrreecite!

Re: Blue Lights and Lasers! - TRON Legacy at the El Capitan (w/photos and video)

So Awesome!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Blue Lights and Lasers! - TRON Legacy at the El Capitan (w/photos and video)

EPIC!!!!! thank you for sharing

• Nerd

great trip report. I saw it at El Cap on Sunday too. It was awesome!
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

El-Captain always seems to do the most awesome thing when ever a movie is shown.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    El-Captain always seems to do the most awesome thing when ever a movie is shown.

Timekeeper
    I've only been disappointed once when I saw a Narnia film there and the pre-show was just a set piece from the film spinning around in various lighting treatments and some random person posing on it in wardrobe. The theater looked beautiful, but it was a bit anticlimactic. By far, my favorite El Capitan experience was the Toy Story 3 fun zone! It was so good that I did it twice!!