• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

1-1-11 San Diego Zoo( Pic Heavy)

Went out to the Zoo today and found that it has changed alot since i went last year.
    Im liking how the Zoos been upgrading thier exhibits and sceneries around the few lands

One new instance is the map..its not one of the foldables ones like Disney..its now 1 big sheet of paper showing all the areas on one side then showtimes viewing times ,dinner areas and more on the back
    ==================================================
    The old A-Z Posts are gone, Now they are Upgraded signs that go A-H with A being the Panda and H a Giraffe

Another cool feature..the Jumping Streams of water (might not be new to some visitors)

One of the New Bug Additions to the Insect House over the fall( Others Include Violin Mantis,Giant Millipede and Whip Spiders)...the Atlas Beetle

LOL glad to see the Parrots Visitor didnt cause any trouble...its was kinda funny seeing it

and for me, the first time ive seen this in California...the visitor for the parrot...a Red Squirrel XD

all these years never knew about the small aviary hidden in the zoo by Skyfari

this was intresting for me...Cheetahs and Dogs being raised together at the Zoo..( the Dog Part was shocking for me.. never thought they could be in a zoo XD)

Overall great day and as I said..i like now the zoo is upgrading alot of the areas around..
    I leave this TR with a pic of One of the many animals of california

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: 1-1-11 San Diego Zoo( Pic Heavy)

lol love the cheetah and the dog!

• "I Break Things"

we missed you by a day! My son's birthday is the 31st... and we have AP's to SD Zoo, so we were there the day before you went.

I also enjoyed the Atlas Beetle. Did you make it over to the new Galapagos Tortoise exhibit? Likewise did you have a chance to feed the giraffes? Do tell... more... more...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    we missed you by a day! My son's birthday is the 31st... and we have AP's to SD Zoo, so we were there the day before you went.

I also enjoyed the Atlas Beetle. Did you make it over to the new Galapagos Tortoise exhibit? Likewise did you have a chance to feed the giraffes? Do tell... more... more...
    never got to feed the giraffes due to the long lines that were there.
    I did make it to the new Tortoise exhibit..i think its awesome how they updated the exhibit after so many years. Its nice some of the zoos oldest exhibits are getting the upgrade they deserve.
    Same goes for the new Polar Plunge areas.. the long refurb to the area was worth waiting for

seems im not sure if the fennec Fox and the Sloth are new though to the childrens part of the zoo.but the small upgrades here and there were cool.

• "I Break Things"

Over the Summer they actually allowed people into the "encounter" area of the G Tortoise exhibit to feed them. They hold keeper talks in there and allow you to pet/feed them. REALLY an amazing experience. Sadly they weren't able to do it on the 31st because of the cooler weather.

What I love about the new design is that the wall was lowered and a rail/wire system was installed on the lower wall. This allows small children to duck under the rail, but still stand up and see over the lowered wall. Our 3 year old could see the tortoises on her own... no help from me... experiences like that are the reason I love that zoo.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"