San Diego Zoo Safari Park Trip Report from 1/6/2011 (Photo Heavy)

Well I had the opportunity to visit the San Diego Zoo Safari Park (aka San Diego Wild Animal Park) recently. Many people always visit the Zoo but forget about this jewel in San Diego County.

This sign is sure to be going soon due to the recent name change to the Safari Park.

I was excited to see all of the new babies recently. This cheetah cub is on display in the nursery daily.

Next up were the elephants and their babies. I was hoping to get a glimpse of the new elephant born on 12/27 but it was not out. There were still plenty of babies to see though as these elephants have been quite busy recently.

From the elephants I took the little known path towards the tigers. Since it was the day I was expecting the tiger to be asleep and they didnít disappoint. I was actually glad to be able to see this beast as usually they are asleep and not visible.

After the Tigers I continued to head for the Journey Into Africa tram ride. This is a 25 minute journey around the parks African field enclosures. This is quite unique as the animals are all together in this exhibit as they would be in the wild. Here are some of the shots I was able to get.

It was the last tour of the day so I had to head towards the exit once we off loaded as the park was closing. To finish off my TR here are some random shots that I took throughout the day.

Well that concludes this trip and my first trip report from the San Diego Zoo Safari park as well as my first trip report on this site. The Safari Park is truly a unique experience and I hope you all enjoyed!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: San Diego Zoo Safari Park Trip Report from 1/6/2011 (Photo Heavy)

I LOVE IT! Thank you so much for sharing! As I a child I used to go to this park all the time with my family, such fond memories.