• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Post MUST READ: Merlin Entertainment's planned expansion into Orlando -water park and more

Well this is all stuff that myself and others have been talking about, but recently the Orlando Sentinel interviewed Nick Verney the CEO of Merlin Entertainment, and he explained how Legoland, is just the beginning, with plans for Madam Tussauds, turning Splash Island Park (Cypress Gardens old water) into a new Legoland Water Park, along with giant wheel and more

First Legoland, then wax museum, big wheel? - Orlando Sentinel

"We don't think Legoland Florida is just a theme park," Varney said. "We've got a water park [at the old park] that we will rebrand as a Legoland water park at some point. Certainly, you know, we will look at Legoland hotels and all the ancillary developments here as well."
    This is a must read if you are interested in how the Orlando tourism market will develop.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: MUST READ: Merlin Entertainment's planned expansion into Orlando -water park and

We will have to see if people want this when they go down to Orlando, for me if I could only go every 5 years or so....Legoland would be one of the last things I would do with Universal and Disney offering some good deals and new rides/shows plus I live in CA and have a Legoland here (that I have never been too, lol)
    But hey I am sure trying to make resorts is much smarter than just one park at this day in age...you want people to be at your resort for days maybe it will be what others had been hoping for.

• will-o-the-whip

Re: MUST READ: Merlin Entertainment's planned expansion into Orlando -water park and

I still think a Florida Legoland is a big mistake by Merlin. The Orlando theme park market is already saturated and there are not enough locals to support all these parks. With a continuing recession and very expensive airline fares (not to mention the annoyances of air travel in general), I wish Merlin lots of luck with this big and expensive project... they're going to need it. They should be building a Legoland in Shanghai instead...