• 10 Year Annual Passholder

San Diego Zoo Safari Park 2/1/11

I took a trip last Tuesday to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. It was absolutely deserted... I would say about 300 people were there spread around the large park. Here are some of the pictures I took!

The entrance:

An example of some of the beautiful flowers and foliage in the park:

More pictures to come!

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 4.6.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 14

• RCMC: Java Junkie

Re: San Diego Zoo Safari Park 2/1/11

Wow I haven't been there since 1995, thanks for sharing the pics and looking forward to seeing more!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

i love it.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Wow I haven't been there since 1995, thanks for sharing the pics and looking forward to seeing more!
    You should really go back! I bet a lot has changed. I recommend going back when the Butterfly Jungle exhibit returns... It is truly breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    i love it.
    Me too!

On the tram ride:

To be continued...

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 4.6.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my

• FastPass n00b

I went there ALL the time until around 2007... the name change, addition of "rides" and removal of the monorail all kind of made me forget the place. I guess the park needed to change due to the "changing tastes of the public" and all that nonsense, but I like the pre-2007 Wild Animal Park MUCH better than this 'Safari Park'. It's just changed too much for my tastes... same with Sea World and, to a slightly lesser extent, the San Diego Zoo. I don't like all the "trails" at the Zoo or the massive space focusing on just elephants. I just want my old-school-style zoo and animal park back.

I know you can't please everyone all the time, and they have to chase after the "new and improved tastes" of people today, but just don't ask me to follow. I don't know if, by chasing a new and younger crowd, they alienated the people who have been going to the park for 25+ years. The vacant park really seem to speak for itself though.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon View Post
    I went there ALL the time until around 2007... the name change, addition of "rides" and removal of the monorail all kind of made me forget the place. I guess the park needed to change due to the "changing tastes of the public" and all that nonsense, but I like the pre-2007 Wild Animal Park MUCH better than this 'Safari Park'. It's just changed too much for my tastes... same with Sea World and, to a slightly lesser extent, the San Diego Zoo. I don't like all the "trails" at the Zoo or the massive space focusing on just elephants. I just want my old-school-style zoo and animal park back.

I know you can't please everyone all the time, and they have to chase after the "new and improved tastes" of people today, but just don't ask me to follow. I don't know if, by chasing a new and younger crowd, they alienated the people who have been going to the park for 25+ years. The vacant park really seem to speak for itself though.
    I agree with you to an extent. I am bothered by the name change and I agree that some of the new changes are not for the better. However, both the San Diego Zoo and the Wild Animal Park (err... Safari Park) are still very well-kept and well-attended (Most of the time... Don't forget that I went on an off-Tuesday). I would like to point out that their ticket costs are extremely reasonable. The year pass costs the same amount as a one-day ticket. However--a huge mistep--the zipline is $70!!! It's safe to say that they didn't get a single customer all day. Anyways, you are completely entitled to your own opinion and I hope that you might give both parks one more chance

Anyways, on with the pictures... Today we visit the Lorakeet Landing. These birds are beautiful! For $4 you can buy a special juice that the Lorakeets are crazy for.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Visit my

Next we visit the gorilla gorilla gorilla.

Work was being done in this area.

Come back another time when we visit the meerkats!

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Visit my

• "The Musical Quil"

Great pictures! Keep em' coming.
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS