• Senior Minion

Cincinnati Zoo Blooms

I went to the Cincinnati Zoo thursday night because they had a promotion going on, they had music in the zoo and free admission after 5pm, which is the normal zoo closing time. So since it was 70 degrees with cloudless blue skies, I decided to go. Everyone else seemed to have the same idea as the place was packed!

Now I didn't care if I got to see a lot of animals because most were already inside sleeping, save for a few, because I really wanted to see the flowers.

The zoo right now has Zoo Blooms going on when their flowers are in full bloom and it was just beautiful! The colors, the magnitude of flowers was amazing.

So here are some pictures that I took.

Went to see the Wolves, but one was asleep and the other was quite far for a good picture, but I tried.

We also saw some baby animals, such as a Wallaby and he was cute!

We also saw the University Of Cincinnati mascot, the Bearcat, but he was asleep.

More....
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Senior Minion

Re: Cincinnati Zoo Blooms

Here are some more pics.

The Polar bears were out (well one was active). The active one was pacing for a bit and the other two were sleeping.

I think he was passed out drunk, lol.

The white tigers were out.

We saw some other Lions and they were roaring in harmony, it sounded so cool! Like they were singing or something.

California Black Bear.

Beautiful spot for a picture!

Some duckies hanging around the small lake.

I think that's about all i'll post! It was a nice night for a walk to stop and see the flowers!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• "I Break Things"

Beautiful!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The only thing missing from this thread is the wonderful fragrance of the flowers. I assume that was wonderful as well.

Beautiful picture of the flowers, and beautiful photo of you as well. Thanks for posting.

Every Fall I tell myself that I should plant some Spring flowering bulbs, and I neglect to do so.
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

ooooh Purty! It's a wonderful world of COLOR! Even has a water fountain! haha.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Delawarean Girl

Very beautiful flowers. I love it that the animals look more active at this zoo then the Philadelphia Zoo. They are mostly always sleeping at the Philadelphia Zoo.

Great Trip Report Audrey and thanks for sharing with us.

• Senior Minion

I'd say about 90% of the animals weren't out and most that were were sleeping, but that was ok, I went to see the flowers anyway. The zoo usually closes at 5, so that's probably why most were asleep and most of the buildings housing more animals like aquatic ones were locked.

That's my hometown zoo! So nice to see it blooming! The last time I went to the zoo was for the Festival of Lights and it was absolutely freezing! Did you get to see the baby giraffe?

• Senior Minion

We waited in line to see the baby, but were only able to see it on the video screen because it decided to hide in a far back corner away from people.

Aw that's no fun! I haven't gotten to see her yet, except for on television She looks adorable though!