• Iron-Clad Allie

Busch Tampa Video: 1st Full Length Testing of Cheetah Hunt Coaster

YouTube - Cheetah Hunt Rollercoaster Test Runs

This roller coaster has it all: loops, rolls, vertical climbs and decents. And it's the only coaster in the world that has actual cheetahs running around on the same grouds. The combined attractions of Cheetah Hunt and Cheetah run are definitely built for speed and synergy!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Busch Tampa Video: 1st Full Length Testing of Cheetah Hunt Coaster

There's actually only one inversion on Cheetah Hunt, a heartline roll right after the jump over the skyride.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    There's actually only one inversion on Cheetah Hunt, a heartline roll right after the jump over the skyride.
    That one's a doozy though, aimster. I enjoy a coaster ride much more when the dsigners don't overdo the inversions. Sayyyyyyyyy! If you've been there lately (or will be attending in the near future), I would very much appreciate feedback on what both Cheetah hunt and Cheetah Run are up close and personal.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I saw them testing the coaster in person today and it looks awesome. Every time they sent a train out, the employees working in the Caravan Crossings gift shop under the figure 8 element would come running out to watch.

Once the coaster & cheetah encounter open, I'll be posting photos from the grand opening on the Orlando Parkhopper blog here. An employee I talked to today said he doesn't know if there will be passholder previews (I hope so since I have an AP), but soft openings will most likely happen a at least couple weeks before the May 27th grand opening.

Oh and I saw the cheetah cub, Kasi today. OMG he is so cute! He's 9 weeks old and about the size of a full-grown house cat right now. He was fast asleep when I visited but he was just adorable.. SO FUZZY!
    Last edited by aimster; 04-23-2011 at 07:32 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

WOW Great video, soooo excited to see this when it opens! This will deff get me out to BGT to use the BGT on my SW/AQ/BG annual pass
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Iron-Clad Allie

I just noticed that you mentioned here that the coaster takes a jump over the skyway. That totally rocks!!!

I saw them testing the coaster in person today and it looks awesome. Every time they sent a train out, the employees working in the Caravan Crossings gift shop under the figure 8 element would come running out to watch.

Once the coaster & cheetah encounter open, I'll be posting photos from the grand opening on the Orlando Parkhopper blog here. An employee I talked to today said he doesn't know if there will be passholder previews (I hope so since I have an AP), but soft openings will most likely happen a at least couple weeks before the May 27th grand opening.

Oh and I saw the cheetah cub, Kasi today. OMG he is so cute! He's 9 weeks old and about the size of a full-grown house cat right now. He was fast asleep when I visited but he was just adorable.. SO FUZZY!
    The young cheetah is so big for 9 weeks! I find it humorus that the cute little cat runs fast and sleeps fast. Can't wait eatch them at the encounter site, as well as to make a game out of spotting the critters from the coaster.

I'll be looking for those coaster/cheetah pix! You are one incredibly well rounded and awesome person, aimster. Thanks for the dates.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    WOW Great video, soooo excited to see this when it opens! This will deff get me out to BGT to use the BGT on my SW/AQ/BG annual pass
    That's very smart of you to get an anual pass that includes BG, SW, and SW.