• Shablagoo!

Pacific Northwest Mousemeet 2011, June 25th, Lynnwood WA

Hi everyone.

A couple weeks back we had another great day of the Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet here in Washington St. Many Micechatters were in attendence, including Melonballer, Tinkermonkey, Disneybanks, SimplyMad, Ykiki, JADP, makeminemusic, BCDisneyGeek and maybe some more I missed. As is the tradition here is my trip report.

Like always I got my picture of the water on the way to the Meet. Yes, that is the Space Needle if you look closely.

Sold out again.

And now what you have all been waiting for... The Backside of the sold out sign.

The crowd waiting for the rope drop.

The organizer and big cheese of the Meet prepares to speak to the crowd.

And more of the Meet castmembers.

There are always some great speakers at the Mouse Meet. Before they speak there are usually video presentations.

First Speaker was Disney Historian Jeff Kurtti. He gave a presentation on the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco.

Between presentations there was pin trading, merchandise to buy, and fan made displays to look at.

Boo's Door

Lady and the Tramp's dinner.

A Haunted Mansion Display.

Cinderella's Dress

Also if you looked at last year's report you saw the Main Street USA in Lego display. This year they added Sleeping Beauty Castle.

The 501st returned again.

And before the 2nd presentation they came through the main hall.

The 2nd Presenter was Disney Legend Floyd Norman. He gave a presentation on his career from working with Walt to working with Pixar.

After that presentation it was time to hit the DOle Whip Stand.

Even the tables are decorated.

Off to the last presentation of the day, a talk with Disney Legend Jack Lindquist. Beforehand was another video, the Pacific Northwest Jungle Cruise.

Picture not doing it for you? Well here is the video, in its entirity.

And here's Jack with Lou Mongello of WDWRadio fame.

Jack related some of the stories that you can read about in his book "In Service to the Mouse".

After Jack's presentation it was time for raffle prizes and a chance to win a trip for 4 to Disneyland. Sadly, I did not win. Then, suddenly they annouced a 2ND trip to Disneyland. Sadly, I did not win that one either. Sigh. While all this was going on I also got to chat with Floyd Norman. He drew Shere Khan for me.

After the Meet ended, Tinkermonkey, BCDisneygeek and myself headed to the great Blazing Onion restaurant. However, we noticed a typo on the menu.

Suffice to say this has become a running joke amongst us.

Well that is it for this year. See you next year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Pacific Northwest Mousemeet 2011, June 25th, Lynnwood WA

Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the photos and your experiences.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

We'll always have Ahaheim!! I'm glad to see the video of Don's PNW Jungle Cruise is online. I was telling Tink about it and she was sad to have missed it!!

For those that haven't gone to an event like this - if you get a chance, GO! The opportunity to hear Disney Legends and Insiders speak in small groups like this don't come very often. Getting to just sit down at a table and talk to Jeff Kurtti or Floyd Norman is truly a treat that you just take with you!!

Thanks MB for chronicling this adventure!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Great pictures! You even posted one with one of my quotes...did you know JADP is code for Elisabeth?
    Seriously though it was alot of fun and I agree with Tinker Monkey, if you are in the area and havn't came to the Mouse Meet, it is well worth it! Heck, even if you're not in the area its still worth it. We look forward to next years meet. Through out the year our Boys have fun thinking about who will possibly be speaking and what new Legend they may get to know. Its so cute when our youngest sees a picture, video, etc with Bob Gurr he gets so excited and reminds every one that he, "knows him".
    Jewish American Disney Princess

We were there as well. We live practically next door in Mukilteo. Our family won the second Disney trip. That helped ease the pain of being shut out of the raffle. Great day overall. So much to do and the speakers were amazing.

---------- Post added 07-20-2011 at 12:33 PM ----------

Just looking at the photos again. You have the back of my wife's head in one of the pics from the presentations and the back of my head in another.

It was fun to have attended the Mouse Meet and meet other Disney fans. The speakers were really interesting, the atmosphere of it all. My husband & I were the other grand prize winner to Disneyland as well. I just hope next year, they can get Tony Baxter to speak at the next Mouse Meet.

• Shablagoo!

YOu lucky devils. Both of you. LOL. I remember you all winning. Congratulations. Be sure to make trip reports when you go and post them here.

• Disneyland freak!

AHH I wish i would have known about this!

• Seasick

Thanks for posting this report. It was fun seeing you and other Micechatters again.

Congrats to those who won the trips! And here I was excited that I won the Disney Museum book autographed by Diane Disney Miller. Sure, it's cool, but it's no free trip!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    For those that haven't gone to an event like this - if you get a chance, GO! The opportunity to hear Disney Legends and Insiders speak in small groups like this don't come very often. Getting to just sit down at a table and talk to Jeff Kurtti or Floyd Norman is truly a treat that you just take with you!!
    Great point. This is certainly a low-key event compared to big conventions like D23, but the ability to actually have a personal conversation with the speakers, rather than just see their presentations, is a huge opportunity for those who are interested.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Forgotten Spirit

Heheh, I used to live in Lynnwood, WA..but...I rather like living down the street from Disneyland now. lol