• Circle of Ancients

Top Amusement Park Eats!!!

Well, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Top amusement park eats - chicagotribune.com

I've actually eaten at quite a few of these places, and I have to totally agree with the ones they have listed. That being said, I've been to Universal Studios Hollywood MANY times, and I've never even heard of the International Cafe'.

1) Holiday World & Splishin' Safari in Santa Claus, Indiana
    For those seeking gluten-free and dairy-free items, this park is for you. It was granted the national ¿Making a Difference award (given by The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network) for its allergen-friendly menu in 2009.

2) Knoebel's Amusement Resort in Elysburg, Pa.
    Family-owned and operated since 1926, Knoebels Amusement Resort has been a winner of Amusement Todays Golden Ticket Award for Best Food 13 times. From apple cider slushies to homemade caramel corn, Knoebels features a wide variety of treats.

3) Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs in Coney Island, N.Y.
    These hot dogs have been a staple at Luna Park since 1916. Get a dog and choose your toppings from chili to sauerkraut to salsa and make sure to order the crinkle-cut French fries.

4) Club 33: Disneyland in Anaheim, California
    The members-only location, tucked behind New Orleans Square, offers an a la carte menu and a five-course vintners amuse-bouche menu.

5) The International Café in Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal City, Calif.
    This restaurant has been recognized for dishes like shaved roast beef with Brie cheese and roasted pears. It was the recipient of the 2010 Santé Award, which is based on a peer-judged restaurant competition.

6) Ms. Knott's Chicken Dinner at Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park, California
    A Southern California institution since 1934, this eatery brings the southern hospitality back to a good, old-fashioned sit-down meal.

7) Mythos at Universal Islands of Adventure, Orlando, Florida
    The blueberry-and-pistachio-crusted grilled pork and their cedar-planked salmon are favorites at this park, which has garnered Theme Park Insider¿s winner of Best Theme Park Restaurant six years in a row.

8) Les Chefs de France at Disney World, Orlando, Florida
    Beneath the Eiffel Tower in the France Pavilion at Epcot lies a highly-rated restaurant serving traditional French food. Alsace specialties always trump ordinary park eats, especially when they are finished off with a signature crème brûlée.

9) Kennywood in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
    This park's fresh-cut Potato Patch French fries have put them on the map for unforgettable and invigorating park eats, but there are many more options.

10) DelGrosso's Amusement Park in Tipton, Pennsylvania
    High up in the Allegheny Mountains of Central Pennsylvania, this park's spaghetti Wednesdays are enough to draw a crowd, letting you choose from the homemade DelGrossos Italian-style meatballs or the special of the week.

• Queen of Sarcasm

Re: Top Amusement Park Eats!!!

The International Cafe is on the upper lot cattercorner from Mel's Diner and to the left of the Animal Actors stage. It is where the discounted shop used to be. They sell awesome sandwiches and a variety of drinks and chips to go with the sandwiches. It is a newer place, I want to say it opened during Spring break last year but I'm not positive.

• Functional & Decorative

Re: Top Amusement Park Eats!!!

I'm surprised... I've actually eaten at all these locations with the exception of DelGrosso's.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Knobel's food. So original, so different, and all very good.

USH is my home park, and the International Cafe is good, but I'm not sure why it gets the allocates it does. If you walked right past it, you'd think it was no different than a refrigerated "food to go" kiosk at an airport. Although it does have better quality than that, granted. But Top 10? Not sure about that.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?