Is Legoland going to be mostly just a kiddie park?

We've never been to the California Legoland, and with the new Florida park opening in Oct we were thinking about visiting it. But after looking into their website it seems to be geared mainly toward the young ones. We'll be visiting with another couple who are both first time visitors to Disney and Univeral but now I am reconsidering Legoland. Is it worth visiting for 4 adults without kids or would we be better off going to SeaWorld or Busch Gardens instead for the day?

If it were just us going I wouldn't mind cause I'd like to check it out at least once plus I never got to go to the old Cypress Gardens, Im just concerned that the other party will be too disappointed with Legoland.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Is Legoland going to be mostly just a kiddie park?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    We'll be visiting with another couple who are both first time visitors to Disney and Universal but now I am reconsidering Legoland. Is it worth visiting for 4 adults without kids or would we be better off going to SeaWorld or Busch Gardens instead for the day?
    You are correct, LEGOLAND is mostly a kids park. HOWEVER, there are elements of the old Cypress Gardens which will remain as well. For the adults, there will be the gardens and Miniland (recreations of cities and places made out of legos). The park is quite cute but most of the attractions are squarely aimed at those 10 and under.

Name:  legoland-orlando-map.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  98.6 KB

You can see some coasters toward the back of the park and some gardens toward the left of the park which you might enjoy, as well as the old water ski arena.

Since the 4 of you don't have kids and will be traveling with a couple who has never been to Orlando, you might better enjoy spending the time at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Tampa instead of LEGOLAND.

I don't want anyone to think there is anything wrong with LEGOLAND. It will likely be a wonderful park (It is scheduled to open this fall), but it is best for those with kids.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 08-09-2011 at 09:23 AM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Thanks Dusty you just confirmed exactly what i was already thinking. Looks like legoland is on hold til our next trip

• former CM

Legolands are beautiful, but bring a book!

I just took my daughter to the Legoland in Carlsbad, California, on Saturday. It does seem perfect for six-year-olds and, because there is a lot to do, and because it's a clean and beautiful park with lots of trees and gardens, we both could have enjoyed three days there. But she liked the many kids play areas as much as the rides (and some rides are just for kids), so, PARENTS, if you take your 6-year-old to Legoland, BRING A BOOK! I was happy to read in the shade while my daughter played. I do prefer Walt Disney's rides that were usually created for almost the whole family.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yeah Legoland is going to be mostly geared for the youngsters, but I plan on going at least once to get the coaster credits and check the place out for myself.

FYI, the park is slated to officially open on October 15.

go to busch gardens!!!!!!

LEGOland is a PERFECT park...for an eight-year-old. We've been twice (from out of state), both times as part of a larger Disneyland trip. I think an 'adults only' trip to LEGOland would be fairly unsatisfying, but it's tremendously satisfying if you have the children with you (and if you can find coupons to cut down that admission price)!

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

Disney Magic, you seem to have the right idea. I, myself, have never been to the Legoland here in CA. But the friends I have with young kids LOVE to go. They can watch the kids and take pics of them. There are some rides that adults can ride, with or with out kids. Plus EVERYTHING is lego and here they just added the Lego Star Wars models. So, there is some stuff for adults, but it really is geared toward kids. Might be worth a side trip if you had some other stuff planned, but you're probably better off going to a more "grown-up" theme park. Also (while never been to Disney World) the theming isn't as detailed or as clever as a Disney park.

• The kid in the back room.

What Legoland park isn't "mostly just a kiddie park?" I remember going to Legoland California years ago when I was about 10 or so, and it was mostly kids stuff. Go to Busch Gardens or SeaWorld.
    Off to the Academy of Dramatic Arts in 2013!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Met Demi Lovato at DCA on 9/24/2010! <3
    ------------------------------------------------------

• will-o-the-whip

I think people who go to Legoland without kids feel out of place and get bored pretty quick. I love going to Legoland with my kids, but would feel strange to go only with my wife.

Thanks for all your replies, Legoland is a on hold for this trip.

Well, the main highlight of LEGOLAND Florida would have to be Miniland and the Wetlands. Both are pretty amazing to look at and have so many intricate details in them. Other than that, only squeeze LEGOLAND in if you don't have anything better to do other than take some really nice photographs.