• Hukuna Matata!

2011 Hot August Nights Carshow Reno/Sparks/ Virginia City/Lake Tahoe

Hello all,
    My Journey started out at the SkyHarbor Airport here in Phoenix, "I got to join my dad for about a day of his weeklong trip to Reno/Sparks Nevada for the wonderful Hot August Nights carshow. When we showed up, the Direct flights were so busy that we ended up missing our first flight and had to take the flight that made a stop and change of planes in Oakland with a 3 hour layover. After a nice lunch we hung out and talked to different traveler's Before our flight to Reno. All photos were shot with my smartphone.

Picture of a Southwest Flight flying into Oakland.
    After we boarded our plane it was off for our very short flight to Reno!

A view of Lake Tahoe from the plane window.

My Dad with one of my favorite cars!

Sweet corvette

This is a very special car, It is a custom wagon/Nomad with a Corvette front on it. Very SWEET!

My Dad talking with a car owner.

Great Picture of the Sunset from the roof of one of the Peppermill casio!

I loved this moon between the buildings!

Welcome to Hot August Nights..

I love this sign It reminds me of old Hollywood Filmed Vegas. RenoVation!, Classic.
    So that is Tuesday the 8/09/11 There were not many cars out so we ended up eating at the Harrahs Buffet and then heading back to our hotel around 1230 am. Dinner was great, I was in great company and enjoyed hearing all of the stories from my dad it was a perfect night.

The next morning we got up early around 530am with little sleep we decided not to sleep the day away and drive to Lake Tahoe, but not without stopping by Virginia City to take a look at all of the wonderful history.

This is a picture of Reno and Sparks from the road up the Mountain towards Virginia City. Great View.

Dad in Virginia City.

I love the views of the roofs of these old buildings. And the Mountain backdrop.

Only one pic of tahoe, we had breakfast and I felt sick All the way down the mountain, I was still very impressed how pretty it is, I cannot wait to come back during the winter.

After we got back down the Mountain, it was back to Tahoe, for the Cars! Great GTO!

Cool pic of my dad on the strip.

I love this car...

Dream Dream Dream.

Last but not least my favorite ride of the weekend, proof that you are never have to grow up. This car has a story behind it, The owners father always wanted to build one of these Radio Flyer Wagons, Sadly the Father of the gentleman ended up gettting cancer so the son and his wife built it and and he got to see it right before he passed away. This little betty is built on a hotrod frame, and is 100% Street Legal. Great project Sounds mean and was a head turner.

Just messing around with different setting on my phone, I like it.

Another cool Picture with a different tone.

Well I hope you all enjoyed my little one day turn around trip to Oakland/Reno/Sparks/Virginia City And Lake Tahoe. Alot of Cars, alot of fun. Not alot of Disney themes, but maybe I can build my car to represent Micechat and Disneyland
    Last edited by Joshnyah; 08-15-2011 at 12:55 PM.

• Hukuna Matata!

Re: 2011 Hot August Nights Carshow Reno/Sparks/ Virginia City/Lake Tahoe

I wonder if I should add some more photos?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

glad someone was able to cover the event, even tho i live here i was working over its last weekend and didn't get a chance to get out and take a gander at the cars

and forshame! you were in reno, my hospital is right there downtown and not a peep from you
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Toad Hall

Thanks for sharing, I went to High School and College there and my family still lives there. Its nice to see it when i cannot make it this year. Thanks again.
    <font size=4> </font>

hot august night is the best look forward to it every year

• Hukuna Matata!

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    glad someone was able to cover the event, even tho i live here i was working over its last weekend and didn't get a chance to get out and take a gander at the cars

and forshame! you were in reno, my hospital is right there downtown and not a peep from you
    I almost made a suprise visit Elly... It was pretty hot walking down the strip over and over, I almost passed out from heat exhaustion