Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Goofy

Re: My Annual Wisconsin Dells Vacation

nice pictures i like the part where the restaurant has classic elvis and coca cola. wonderful pictures. thanks.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There are some great places to eat in the Dells. Some of the restaurants have been here a very long time, and some restaurants come, and are gone pretty quickly. We like two particular restaurants a lot and they are Moosejaw's and Buffalo Phil's. They are very similar, and I believe are what one might call "sister restaurants". Or would that be brother, since Phil is obviously........well you get my point, I hope. We ate at Moosejaw's on Monday, and Buffalo Phil's on Tuesday. Great spaghetti at Moosejaw's. You get to choose the type of pasta you want, followed by a choice of sauce, meat, and 3 additional items in the pasta. That meal included soup/and or salad. Portions were plentiful and not overboard. Forgot the food picture, again. I did include a food photo for Buffalo Phil's, where we sat by the train. The train carries the food and/or drinks to the table. Fun place to eat. My husband had beef enchiladas, and I had Margarita pizza.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 08-31-2011 at 03:37 AM.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Yeah!!! Food pictures!!!

Interesting that both places have animals on top of their delivery vehicles...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

It's too bad that that old Coca-Cola cooler was full of Pepsi for sale!
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The rain left the Dells and the sun came out. I got a bit carried away taking photos of the horses yesterday, before and after I went on a free wagon ride. Later on in the Day, I did ride the Original Wisconsin Ducks. The driver was just O.K. in the narration department. I have had much better. I did give him his request gratuity, since I didn't feel pressured. Not much else happened worthy of photos yesterday. Today is supposed to be in the 90's, and my sunburn feels better, so maybe it will be another pool day.

---------- Post added 09-01-2011 at 07:52 AM ----------

That last picture was Pulpit Rock. Like I said before, the Duck driver wasn't that good at delivering the very interesting narration that is usually present on the Ducks attraction.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 09-01-2011 at 05:11 AM.
    Pop Century Resort

• Triple Goddess

I think it's funny how your husband, who you have said is not a fan of Disneyland is wearing a Donald Duck shirt! Maybe you can bring him to Disneyland on your next trip. Tell him to come over to the dark side; we have cookies.

Wisconsin looks like a beautiful place.

Did you go to Noah's Ark and Mount Olympus Water & Theme Park?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    Did you go to Noah's Ark and Mount Olympus Water & Theme Park?
    When you stay at the Wilderness, there really is no need to go to Noah's Ark. The Wilderness has it's own indoor and outdoor waterparks. As for Mt. Olympus, it does look great, but I don't ride rollercoasters or Go carts. They do have a fantastic deal for those thatdo.
    Pop Century Resort

• sleepy lagoon

I used to work in a restaurant that had a train room, lol. Except it was up on the ceiling. It constantly broke down and made people mad....

Actually, all of the rooms in the restaurant were themed.... I am sure you have heard of the company. Their restaurant franchise venture went under, but their theme park is still going in Buena Park, so I hear, lol.

That pizza looks good!!

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

BARBARAANN
    I love the out doors Nuture picture's
    they are very pretty!
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    nice pictures i like the part where the restaurant has classic elvis and coca cola. wonderful pictures. thanks.
    Yes the very old fashioned Denny's restaurant had a lot of really cool stuff. Elvis was in the corner window.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Yeah!!! Food pictures!!!

Interesting that both places have animals on top of their delivery vehicles...
    Buffalo Phil's and Moosejaws must be owned by the same company. They are very similar in many ways. Those cars with the animals on top do in fact deliver food. I have seen many of them on the roads in the Dells.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    It's too bad that that old Coca-Cola cooler was full of Pepsi for sale!
    The cooler was more for show than anything. They sold pepsi products inside the Uno's restaurant where I saw the cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    I think it's funny how your husband, who you have said is not a fan of Disneyland is wearing a Donald Duck shirt! Maybe you can bring him to Disneyland on your next trip. Tell him to come over to the dark side; we have cookies.

Wisconsin looks like a beautiful place.
    My husband went to Disney World in 1997, but he won't return. I believe all of my future trips there, and Disneyland may be solo ones. As far as the Donald shirt, my husband does like certain characters. Donald, Jack for Nightmare before Christmas. He likes the shirts from the Disney Store, and we always visit the one in the Dells, and the one we have back in the Chicagoland area. If I could take my husband back to Disney World, I'd like to stay at their Wilderness Hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    I used to work in a restaurant that had a train room, lol. Except it was up on the ceiling. It constantly broke down and made people mad....

Actually, all of the rooms in the restaurant were themed.... I am sure you have heard of the company. Their restaurant franchise venture went under, but their theme park is still going in Buena Park, so I hear, lol.

That pizza looks good!!
    That margarita pizza was a 10 inch one, and I admit to eating it all by myself because it was yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post

BARBARAANN
    I love the out doors Nuture picture's
    they are very pretty!
    Jim
    More nature photos coming up later, we took the Lower Dells Boat Tour. Although the wait was way too long.
    Pop Century Resort

• sleepy lagoon

Those landscape pictures and the deer are beautiful! I have to remind myself that they are real, and not made by Disney Imagineers!

The only time I have been to WDW we stayed at the Ft Wilderness lodge in one of those fancy trailer/rv thngs they had. That was way back in the late 80's, so I don't know if they still offer those. The trailers had a couple of bedrooms and kitchen and bath. You felt like you were camping in style. (Even better they came to clean for you, lol).

• mountains beyond mtns.

Hi Barbara,

I'm only getting around to reading this now but thanks for sharing with us.

I've heard Princess K talking about Moosejaws before (I've mentioned that she was in Madison for 4 yrs, right?) I'll have to show her your TR if I remember.

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

That looks like a pretty sweet place to visit, Barbara! I think I'd love to check out all the coasters and water par....I mean, Ahem...My kids would probably love to check out all the coasters and water parks.

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. - Mark Twain
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Diminishing Bank Account
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Temple of the Defaulted Loan

Shameless plug: I have a Band and You can buy our music at
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/zom...er/id514847110

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    That looks like a pretty sweet place to visit, Barbara! I think I'd love to check out all the coasters and water par....I mean, Ahem...My kids would probably love to check out all the coasters and water parks.
    Gonzo, the Dells is a great place for both kids and adults who want to act like kids. We have had great vacations there for the last 13 or so years.

We went back to Moosejaws, and I have pics of the meatball snadwich and the regular burger. Fries are a little seasoned, but plentiful. Drinks are served in old fashioned jars, just like Buffalo Phil's.

---------- Post added 09-02-2011 at 02:40 PM ----------

Next up is pictures that I took on The Lower Dells Boat Tour.

---------- Post added 09-02-2011 at 03:21 PM ----------

Yesterday was warm and sunny in the dells. Today it is raining, so we aren"t doing much. We did go and have lunch at a really nice Mexican restaurant named Pedros. I ate mushroom enchiladas, and my husband had steak tacos. I apologize for forgetting to to take pics again, especially of the very tasty fried ice cream.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 09-02-2011 at 12:17 PM.
    Pop Century Resort

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast