• Future Indy Castmember

The Empty Grave: A Haunt Review

I visited the Empty Grave at the GardenWalk during my visit to Disneyland last Friday. After hearing about it and knowing this was my final chance to get a haunt fix before halloween, I decided to visit since it was across the street and cheap ($13 a person is a good price).

This is the first time Ive been to an independent Haunt event and I never expected the talent to be as top notch as it was when I went.

When 7pm hit, the doors opened and their sliders came out and they were more active than the street monsters at Knotts as I observed. When it was time for me to enter the maze, I was given a quick recap of the rules of the maze (general maze rules you'll find at any haunt event) and led in by one of the monsters who had a shovel. I go in and I see they have their own little version of the collapsing bridge (I didn't know it would do that until it was activated). The monster then screamed out "FRESH MEAT BOYS!", and I knew that they were going to give me the scare of a lifetime since I was to be alone in this maze for the most part (they do a good job spacing out the guests). And right away they gave their all! Some stalked me, but most did what they could to scare me multiple times in their areas. Some areas were darker than others and it was hard to see where I was suppose to go. The strobe light area was a stand out. I felt like I was in a horror movie. The entrance was also the exit and I was still bombarded by the sliders as I got out and went back to DL.

Overall, I really enjoyed the Empty Grave and the fact that its across from DLR. I hope they come back to the gardenwalk next year as I heard they might relocate to another area for the next season.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Re: The Empty Grave: A Haunt Review

Very good review! I was planning on going there when I was at Disneyland 2 weeks ago, but decided to use my money toward Queen Mary instead. Maybe I will try it next year. How long did it take you to complete the maze?

This year I have done several Halloween events:

1. Universal Studios
    2. Knotts Scary Farm
    3. The Backwood Maze in Burbank
    4. Queen Mary
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: The Empty Grave: A Haunt Review

Quote Originally Posted by asianbma View Post
    Very good review! I was planning on going there when I was at Disneyland 2 weeks ago, but decided to use my money toward Queen Mary instead. Maybe I will try it next year. How long did it take you to complete the maze?

This year I have done several Halloween events:

1. Universal Studios
    2. Knotts Scary Farm
    3. The Backwood Maze in Burbank
    4. Queen Mary
    Took me about 10 minutes to get through. Since most of the paths have scarce lighting, might take longer due to finding out the correct route in the maze.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74