Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Disney in Texas!

I'm not sure where to post this, so feel free to move it if it is in the wrong spot.
    I know there have been a million rumors of Disney doing a third US park. However my boyfriend's dad is a city official for a small town in North Texas, north of Dallas. His city was apparently one of a few competing for a deal with Disney to create a Disney park. His city lost, however he just texted me and told me that Frisco, TX did win the deal, and city council signed off on the contract last night. I've heard the rumors just as long as everyone else has, and having recently moved to Texas, I recently became more biased to believe them haha. However, this is a man who I have known for several years, and as I said he is a city official, and I am very very very inclined to believe anything he tells me. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

• Daughter of a DL worker

Re: Disney in Texas!

No, I haven't, but that must be really exciting! Another Disney park! I will be here to see it open! Whenever that may be..
    You have to post all of the updates! I want to see if it's more like Florida or California. I'm in CA and I have always wanted to go to the other parks. Youtube.com is pretty good for me though, seeing Paris be so different.

I wonder if it will be like Florida, being 4 times bigger than Disneyland. Oh, I'm so excited now!

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by MousEars View Post
    No, I haven't, but that must be really exciting! Another Disney park! I will be here to see it open! Whenever that may be..
    You have to post all of the updates! I want to see if it's more like Florida or California. I'm in CA and I have always wanted to go to the other parks. Youtube.com is pretty good for me though, seeing Paris be so different.

I wonder if it will be like Florida, being 4 times bigger than Disneyland. Oh, I'm so excited now!
    It's not going to happen. Not now or ever. Just so you know...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    It's not going to happen. Not now or ever. Just so you know...
    Can you provide any backup to prove this?

I don't know... Disney seems to be building parks left and right right now and frankly.... It's getting quite ridiculous.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

I just google mapped the area that the park is supposed to be built, and it is indeed a huge empty piece of land. I was really afraid to even post this, because I've been reading the forum for a very long time and it seems that a lot of people prefer to be negative and complain, or shoot other people down when they suggest things. Frankly, that's not why I read MiceChat, I read it because I'm sure like many others, I love all things Disney. It has a huge place in my heart, and I've made the trip from Texas out to Disneyland 4 times in the past 2 years. If people want to shoot it down, or say it will never happen, well you may be right. None of us have an actual working crystal ball. Again, this is a family member who confirmed this for me, and he is a city official. If anyone is interested in more details, they can message me. I, for one, am super excited even at the very possibility but I would not have bothered posting this, if I did not feel confident in the validity of what I am saying.

• Daughter of a DL worker

Well, I want to look at the positive side of things. Just like the rumor about Hatty (the hatbox ghost) coming back to the mansion in February 2012. The rumor is in my signature.

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

Quote Originally Posted by MousEars View Post
    Well, I want to look at the positive side of things. Just like the rumor about Hatty (the hatbox ghost) coming back to the mansion in February 2012. The rumor is in my signature.
    Exactly! I love your attitude. If and when construction does start, I promise to drive up every weekend with updates. Disney is everything to me, and I am a very dedicated fan!

I live half an hour west of Dallas, and I've actually heard rumors of a Disneyland Texas years ago. I don't remember when, exactly, but It would make since. A third US park would have to be somewhere in the middle of the country, and Frisco is kinda close to the middle.

Hope this is real! I'd love it if I lived close by to an actual Disney park! How long does it take for something like that to be created anyways?

• Minion

Wow another disney park, how cool .and welcome to micechat.this is pretty exciting news for me but it probably wont happen soon.with all the expansions in the many disney parks including the us ones, but this would be pretty cool .post any updates as soon as you get them please

Quote Originally Posted by shawnanoelle View Post
    Can you provide any backup to prove this?
    Not to sound rude, but can you provide any backup to prove yours? Both sides are merely heresay currently. Many go on the fact of no solid proof, you go on the fact a text no one but you has seen. So there is reason for others to be skeptical.

Me, im hopeful but dont see it happening.

• Minion

They should have chosen Marceline, Missouri.

If this happens This would be great I just wished it be in the Houston area we have no theme park and I think Houston would be great for a Disney Park

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

Quote Originally Posted by alomar View Post
    Not to sound rude, but can you provide any backup to prove yours? Both sides are merely heresay currently. Many go on the fact of no solid proof, you go on the fact a text no one but you has seen. So there is reason for others to be skeptical.

Me, im hopeful but dont see it happening.
    I completely get why people would doubt or be be skeptical about what I'm saying. You're completely right, there are a million reasons to be skeptical, but that person wasn't being skeptical of whether or not I'm right, they were saying that it was never going to happen. I guess I was just curious how they knew for sure it was never going to happen.

I'm afraid that the skepticism you'll encounter is due, mainly, to (as I'm sure you know) the community having been burned many a time over the years when it comes to rumors. Be assured that it's nothing personal... we're just a crusty and mistrusting lot. Or, at least, many of us are.

That being said - if this proves true, I think it's an interesting move. With Iger moving out in five years, it seems a chance for him to really prove himself over Eisner when it comes to parks (on American soil). The other strange thing is that... well, Disneyland and Disney World have always seemed to be enough. People in the MidWest, South, and East go to DW. People in the West go to DL. I'm not sure I see the business sense in building one in TX. However, perhaps I'm wrong - and there's a big untapped market there. I just wonder, what with building Shanghai Disneyland, expanding Hong Kong Disneyland, ongoing projects in Tokyo, the DCA redo, a rumored Frontierland Expansion in Anaheim, the Fantasyland do-over in MK, and the Pandora project in AK... it seems like the company is already stretching their resources a bit thin.

If this is true, I hope they can pull it off with some real talent, and allocate full resources to the first new property here in the US in a long time.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast