Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• This $pace for $ale

Exclamation Tell me about Lego Land

Thinking about going there with 4 adults and 6 kids...pro/cons about the park. alot of rides? what is there to do there? worth the price, or is there anything else to do in san diego area...we are already doing sea world, zoo, animal park.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/awinner

The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like a eggs and ham breakfast: The chicken was "involved" - the pig was "commited"!

Re: Tell me about Lego Land

Depends on the age of your kids. Legoland is very age specific...too old and your kids will be bored and too young(or short) and they will not be able to ride anything. Personally I really like Legoland. The last time we went (back in Aug.) the lines were horribly long. We had one of the best meals there though, at the Knight's buffet. I would go back to see all the amazing things made out of legos and just to eat there again!

• Circle of Ancients

The park is great for the 4 through 8 set. The adults will enjoy it as well.

But, even on moderately busy days the lines can get long. Most of the rides have very low capacity and you will end up waiting 45-60 minutes for a ride that is no greater than Heimlich's Chew Chew train.

• Dont make me unfriend you

We went in Oct 2005. We loved it. We had my wife and me, three kids (agaes 8, 6,4) There was only one ride the youngest couldn't go on that the big kids did. But there were two or three roller coasters that my kids didn't want to do (they don't do roller coasters well)

There were two cutie little shows that the kids really liked. There was a play area in the Knight's Kingdom that the kids ran around and did the slides. My boys have some LegoKnights, so they were excited to see the Knight's Kingdom area.

There is an area with some amazing villages and cities made out of Legos. They made downtown NYC out of lego. The buildings were huge. They made Washington DC out of Legos. It was pretty cool.

In Oct it was pretty empty. There were a few rides that had longish lines (15-20 minutes..I think) but most had little or no wait.

All of my kids said that they liked Legoland more then DL! I think it was in big part because the park was less crowded and less tense then DL.

I want to go a few more times, but then I'm afraid that my kids will be too old for Legoland.

• A Pirate's life for me!

We have been going to LL since they opened. The first couple of years the kids (4 of them) liked it better than DL! They ranged from 2-9. We also enjoyed it. So much so, that we got two of their lifetime passes. We usually make two trips per year there now. Our oldest can't go on most of the rides now, but he enjoys the shows and mini-land. The Park is kept up very nice and is always clean. The food is very good and reasonably priced. We consider it a great value for the family.

Enjoy your trip!

• Banned User

I'd love to go but I'm 17 and just don't think it's worth the money knowing I'm probably too old I wish they'd have a discount thing going on so I wouldn't feel bad for wasting the money to go lol. I am the size of about a 9 year old though, maybe I can still go on rides.. lol.

I've been there a couple times, just me and my husband, and we quite enjoyed it. I don't think it's age-specific, it's just a question of what you're interested in. The miniature cities (New York, Washington DC, New Orleans, San Francisco, etc.) have all sorts of little details and touches of humor, and then there's touches throughout the park like the Lego tourist asleep on a bench or the Lego dog lifting his leg on a Lego fire hydrant. If you're at all into miniatures or models, it's amazing what they've built out of these little plastic bricks. Then there's the "build and program a robot" lab, or the "build a car then race it" lab, etc.

As for rides, I found plenty that I could go on. Well, the Technic mad mouse was pretty cramped for knee room, but still enjoyable, and the Dragon dark ride/coaster combo was awfully fun, and now there's that Robo-coaster there. Then there's that Aquazone ride that can get you awfully wet if you've got sadistic friends on one of the water blast stations, and there's the Bionicle teacup ride. Then there's the little for-all-ages rides like the little boats through the Fairy Tale woods, the cruise around the big lake with Lego scenes that come alive as you pass them, or the safari jeeps through a Lego jungle. I suppose there were others I could have gone on, but mostly I was just interested in exploring the park, and rides were secondary.

Legoland is ONLY age-specific if you want it to be

• Banned User

Well if Lego land would do a special ticket deal then I would go. I'm waiting!

They do send out free passes to AP holders in the newsletters. Free for a guest when you accompany an AP'er.

We'll let you know the next time that we go down.

• Man O Lantern

We're thinking of going next year....and I knew nada of Legoland until this thread....I'll probably have more fun there than my kids, it sounds like! I can look at Lego models all day.

Our seven year old is a Lego fanatic. She's really into the Harry Potter and Star Wars sets. I tried to introduce her to the Knights Kingdom stuff, thought she'd love them, but she wasn't interested at all. That's okay...SW and HP are enough I think!

We'll be incorporating Legoland into our trip next year I think. Been curious about it a long time now!

We go at least twice a year and it keeps us entertained.

Just an hour south on the I-5 from DL.

Great food at reasonable prices, VERY clean park and a lot of fun!

Call them and they'll send you an info packet. They also have a nice web site.

• In a World of My Own

I was at Lego Land windsor In June 1998, I was nearly 8 year old, I loved the place, but all I remember is the cars and the boats, I got my licence at the cars and my sister kept crashing the boat in boating school and refused to let me drive - I was too young.

• Just this guy......

When you first get to legoland make a LEFT hand turn and go around to both Sky Cruiser & Kid Power Towers (they will be on your right). These two rides have the longest and slowest lines in the park and it’s best to get them out of the way as soon as possible.

• This $pace for $ale

Cool Re: Tell me about Lego Land

I am going to legoland for the 1st time on sunday...they are only open for 7 hours...i need advice on how to make the most of my day there...i will have my wife & 2 y/o, but the wife and i have no problems taking turns on the more adult rides if we have to....when i walk in do i start to the left or the right....or other. advice please.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/awinner

The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like a eggs and ham breakfast: The chicken was "involved" - the pig was "commited"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast