Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cedar Point

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    What was it about the service at Cedar Point that sucked? Just curious, because in all my years of visiting, the staff at Cedar Point has been IMHO world class - courteous, efficient and everything else that the Golden Ticket awards they've won mean...

• Official MC Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt
    What was it about the service at Cedar Point that sucked? Just curious, because in all my years of visiting, the staff at Cedar Point has been IMHO world class - courteous, efficient and everything else that the Golden Ticket awards they've won mean...
    Well, in our case the employees were very rude to us and they didn't have that "Im happy to work here" attitude that I see at parks like Hersheypark and the Disney Parks. On a lot of the rides too they seemed slow with loading. And the prices for the hotels are ridiculous! Breakers Express (the only remotely affordable one!) is an embarrassment to the Cedar Fair company. We were pretty shocked.I will never stay at a Cedar Point resort again (if I return). Maybe it was just our timing, but I would definately say our trip was unpleasant. The only real fun we had on that trip was the night before when we went to a place where they had go-karts, bumper boats, and min-golf. We certainly had a better time there

• Why do you keep talking?

Hmmm I do have to ask on what rides were they rude? Was it one ride in particular or was it in general? Also, can you remember which rides seemed like they were slow loaders (besides Monster, that ride is just a pain in the butt to load)? I'm very curious about this since we like to pride ourselves in having the best capacity we can get. At least the rides and crew I worked with. On elast question, what time of year did you go?
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Banned User

Wow.. soo many things to learn.. so much time till I actually visit the park.....

(thought I could just go visit grandparent and see Busch Gardens Williamsburg free... Or stay home and see Busch Gardens Tampa free...)

• Official MC Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Hector
    Hmmm I do have to ask on what rides were they rude? Was it one ride in particular or was it in general? Also, can you remember which rides seemed like they were slow loaders (besides Monster, that ride is just a pain in the butt to load)? I'm very curious about this since we like to pride ourselves in having the best capacity we can get. At least the rides and crew I worked with. On elast question, what time of year did you go?
    It was more of the employees that worked with the concessions and at the gates, parking, etc. that seemed very rude to us. Most of the rides actually seemed to be slow with loading, and some were only running one train which made the wait seem terrible. The problem with this too is that this was the "busiest time of the year" for Cedar Point. It was either the first or second weekend in August.

EDIT: I will however commend the operators at Raptor and Top Thrill Dragster. They loaded very quickly and efficiently.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Wow... sounds like you really hit some serious bad ops... I'm surprised that wasn't all over RRC.

The only rides I've seen with one train operation at CP are Wicked Twister (obviously), Blue Streak, and Jr. Gemini. I've seen them run three trains on Corkscrew.

I've been to some 40-50 different parks and CP is at the top of my list. It has so much that other crappy (Six Flags for example) parks don't. It has no theming, but the charm of the resort on the lake is amazing. The history is also facinating. (Visit the Town Hall museum)

(Shameless plug...) for pictures, check out my site... www.coastergallery.com

• darkincite
    Wow I'm suprised to hear about the slow loading. We actually make it a point to load as fast and as safe as possible. Monster has a HORRIBLE load/unload time because you can only get to two arms at a time.

Oh, and we ONLY run three trains on Corkscrew [/sarcasm]. It was rare and once in a blue moon we would drop down to two or one train. We always had full trains, despite having a line or not, heh. Not many coasters drop below two trains even if there is no line, just because the freak chance that maybe a line will form, and it's bad to have to shut everything down to put on and take off, blah blah blah.

I'm sorry about the bad employees. It's something I've seen, that outside of Park Operations, the employees rarely tend to show they enjoy their job (though they do), or you could have caught everyone on an "off" day.

Cedar Point is usually very good about capacity, so I am pretty surprised to hear some of you have had bad experiences. Whenever I go (which is a lot), I usually never see just one train operating on a coaster with a long wait.

Anyway, there are many different ways to approach your visit to Cedar Point. I suggest checking out my website The Point Online so you can gain the most out of your visit.

Mike
    www.thepointol.com

• downtownblue
    Being originally from the area and having gone to CP a lot... things to NOT miss:

1) Millenium Force. The ride is so smooth but worst off- so fast. It went by all too quickly and I didn't stop screaming once. My friend thought she lost the ability to bear children though. So amazing... So amazing.

2) Raptor- this is the first inverted coaster, I believe but it still rocks. The ride is amazing and you get great air.

3) Magnum XL200: The first coaster to break 200' and a great ride with great views of the Lake.

4) Mantis: Just a good ride.

5) The carrousel: The old fashioned racing carrousel is not lost on any generation. I'm 21 and I still love it.

6) If it's hot, any of the water rides... You are definately going to get wet.

Disaster Transport is cool in the fact that it has no track. It's a sled rolling down these tubes. The ride has definately seen better days unless it's been rennovated recently. The effects are a little aged. The "right" side of the park is a little more dated. I can't remember the theming but it's where Disaster and Twister is. I've never had a really bad experience at the park but the lines are very boring and inefficient versus other parks. The Djs aren't very good and play the same songs over and over (read: YMCA, Hip Hop song, YMCA, hip hop, YMCA, pop, YMCA...)
    Last edited by downtownblue; 03-28-2005 at 11:20 PM.

• Huh?

I had a good laugh last night.... a friend of mine who's down in Orlando for school is up here currently doing a visit and he asked me what my favorite ride at Disney was.

Apparently, his is Disaster Transport.

lol... That's about the farthest I've ever heard somebody mistake parks...
    -Tim

• They wanna know, HO!

Personally, I really like Gemini, TTD, and Millie the best, I think I forgot to say that before. The park is nice, but Disaster Transport is WAY overblown for the ride experience, or as my friends call it "A space invasion in Alaska."
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12