Is Universal Studios Florida a half-day park?

We are going to take a full day to experience Islands of Adventure but the following day we only have from 9am-3pm to play around at Universal before we have to leave to meet some relatives. Is 6 hours enough time to accomplish most of the stuff that Universal has to offer?

I don't know if this matters but we are going this coming Monday... which is the first day of a non-holiday week, so crowds probably won't be as bad as a weekend or holiday.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Is Universal Studios Florida a half-day park?

There is a good chance you will be able to see all of the rides you want to experience. The shows, which are quite enjoyable, may be harder to fit in your schedule.

Cool Re: Is Universal Studios Florida a half-day park?

While we live in LA, my family and I were fortunate enough to go to Orlando - just got back yesterday! - and spent 2 days at Universal. Most of the time was spent at IOA, for the obvious reasons. As to your question, I'd approach it 2 ways.

First, you're there. When else will you be there? What else would you do during that time? Whatever you see/do is a bonus, whatever you miss, you miss. If you really want to check it out, you'll come back another time. Think of it as a tasting party.

Second, what are you interested in? We're not big roller coaster buffs, and had enough of being thrown around in simulators. We also skipped a bunch of things that we have locally at USH. And we had a good time. I'd say we spent around 3 hours wandering around, soaking in the sights, going on those things that appealed to us, then we head back over to IOA.

Not to sell the park short. It is very well themed and looked well maintained. We were impressed. There were some aspects that we wished USH had. A little more street entertainment on the day we were there would have been nice, but other than that, it was enjoyable. We just chose to spend more time next door.

Don't forget to check out the web-site for an overview map. Then you can get a sense of what you want to do.

Hope you have fun.

Re: Is Universal Studios Florida a half-day park?

You shouldn't have any problems. But pick your "must-dos" first. Mornings are pretty light, so, I would concentrate on the rides first (Revenge of the Mummy, The Simpsons, Men in Black, ET) and then focus on the show attractions (Terminator 3-D, Shrek, Beetlejuice). Depending on the crowds, you should have no problems getting almost everything you want to do in that time.