• Dive ..... Dive.....

Extremely Disappointing Six Flags Trip

Visited Six Flags this weekend and was horrified how terrible this park has become. The food was so disgusting and overpriced I didn't even buy anything and starved the entire time. I couldn't believe that they were selling low quality chicken fingers and burgers for over 11 dollars when you can get what seems to be gourmet food in comparison at DCA's new beer garden for the same price. The whole park was absolutely filthy and mismanaged at every turn with overflowing trash cans and cobwebs/dust in queues. X2 had over a 90 minute wait and cars were being sent out with up to 5 seats empty in some cases because the employees aren't managing the lines at all and letting guests do all the seating arrangements; as a result we were only able to fit in 5 roller coasters for the entire operating day, which was only until 6PM on a FRIDAY. I really felt like asking for a refund but knowing this place they probably would have told me to pound sand. If you value your hard earned money, this is the last place you should visit, a movie would have been more entertaining and fulfilling.

On a second note, Green Lantern is far too rough with guests at the end. I'm a person who can take a lot of G-force but this ride is literally not enjoyable and gave me a headache. Just as a reference, this makes X2 seem tame and defintely pushes the limits of an average guest.

• Hello Dolly.

Re: Extremely Disappointing Six Flags Trip

I agree about 6Flags food. It's way pricy and horrible. Bad is an Understatement. Their BBQ burgers in the western area are decent though.

I hate when I hear about bad days at Six Flags. Sorry you had 1. =/ Every time I go it's pretty nice and clean, I like the park a lot & they've been making great improvements. Their employees could still be a lot better though! Knott's queue are way dirtier imo which makes me appreciate SFMM.

If you think GL is rough, the American Version is wayyyy tamer than the Japanese one. Our Zac "Spin" hardly even spins.

I live in the St. Louis area and I am excited for the new season to begin at our Six Flags. I am sorry to hear that your experience was a bad one.

I have been very happy and surprised the past 3 years how clean Six Flags St. Louis has been. I am not sure what has happened behind the scenes for this to change, but it is nice.

The food is insanely priced. I can't believe it! I wanted a slice of pizza and it cost me almost $10! It has gotten to the point where most people pack a cooler and go eat in the parking lot instead of eating in the park.
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Starshyne View Post
    I have been very happy and surprised the past 3 years how clean Six Flags St. Louis has been. I am not sure what has happened behind the scenes for this to change, but it is nice.
    My understanding is that Six Flags, Inc. does not completely own the three original Six Flags parks (Over Texas, Over Georgia and Over Mid-America now St. Louis). Angus Wynn's family and original partners still retain some degree of control which has resulted in these three parks being consistently better in terms of investment dollars, staffing, cleanliness, etc. than the rest of the Six Flags parks.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    My understanding is that Six Flags, Inc. does not completely own the three original Six Flags parks (Over Texas, Over Georgia and Over Mid-America now St. Louis). Angus Wynn's family and original partners still retain some degree of control which has resulted in these three parks being consistently better in terms of investment dollars, staffing, cleanliness, etc. than the rest of the Six Flags parks.
    Six Flags does indeed own Six Flags St. Louis, it doesn't own Six Flags over Texas or Six FLags over Georgia. However, the "owners" of those two parks are simply private investors and have absolutely no control over the operations of the parks. Six Flags, Inc. manages them and makes all decisions regarding the two properties.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Sorry about that

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Visited Six Flags this weekend and was horrified how terrible this park has become. The food was so disgusting and overpriced I didn't even buy anything and starved the entire time. I couldn't believe that they were selling low quality chicken fingers and burgers for over 11 dollars when you can get what seems to be gourmet food in comparison at DCA's new beer garden for the same price. The whole park was absolutely filthy and mismanaged at every turn with overflowing trash cans and cobwebs/dust in queues. X2 had over a 90 minute wait and cars were being sent out with up to 5 seats empty in some cases because the employees aren't managing the lines at all and letting guests do all the seating arrangements; as a result we were only able to fit in 5 roller coasters for the entire operating day, which was only until 6PM on a FRIDAY. I really felt like asking for a refund but knowing this place they probably would have told me to pound sand. If you value your hard earned money, this is the last place you should visit, a movie would have been more entertaining and fulfilling.

On a second note, Green Lantern is far too rough with guests at the end. I'm a person who can take a lot of G-force but this ride is literally not enjoyable and gave me a headache. Just as a reference, this makes X2 seem tame and defintely pushes the limits of an average guest.
    Yeah...Green Lantern can hurt....pretty bad and I always feel like I'm going to snap my neck or something....

really you have to go on a Friday during the school year (its summer now basically) because if you get to the parks when they open the only ride with a line is X2...but the rest are walk on and its pretty fun