• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Some Random Busch Gardens Tampa Photos

Was a Busch Gardens Tampa yesterday and wanted to share some photos with you guys.

This one apparently partied too hard the night before.

Look closely... this one has a joey in her pouch!

This guy's name is Pach. He's a sweetie, but because he's an albino, his eys are very sensitive to light, so he hindes int he shadows a lot.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: Some Random Busch Gardens Tampa Photos

I thought Busch Gardens Tampa was an Africa-theme park. Why would they have Asian and Australian animals there?

The park is mostly African-themed, but there are a few areas that are not. Jungala is an area with a stylized Southeast Asia theme (tigers, orangutans, gibbons, birds, and flying foxes are exhibited here) and Bird Gardens (the oldest area of the park) has a mish-mash of mostly avian exhibits that includes many non-African species (as well as the wonderful kangaroo and wallaby walk-through feeding experience pictured here). In addition, there is a section of the Nairobi area that has several adjoining exhibit areas that feature non-African animals (a nocturnal house and a nursery/animal ambassador center).

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The park used to be almost exclusively African-themed and at one point was officially called Busch Gardens Africa (and the one in Virginia was called Busch Gardens Europe). But to get away from the exclusive Africa theme and showcase some non-Africa native animals, the park changed its name to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (and in Virginia, Busch Gardens Williamsburg). I love the variety of animals you can see and how close you can get to them compared to habitats at various zoos and the like. It's amazing to be able to interact with these creatures on various levels. Nothing beats being face to face with a tiger or cheetah, petting a kangaroo or hand-feeding flamingos.