• Disappearing/Reappearing

Jamaica, Bahamas, Mexico? Where to go?

Hi everyone! I've been doing lots of research on these places, but, it's confused me more than help me. So, I'm hoping someone out there has been to one or more of these places and can tell me something about them. The main thing we are looking for is crystal clear blue water and nice beaches. I know these can be found in all these places...but, is it the norm for all the beaches in the areas or just specific areas? What is there to do other than the beach? In mexico, we are mainly looking at Puerta Vallarta. In Jamaica...Kingston or Montego Bay. And in the bahamas..Nassau. Has anyone been to any of the Breezes resorts? Which are the nicest? We are mainly looking at the one in Grand Negril. Thanks for any help!

• Bucket List Car

Re: Jamaica, Bahamas, Mexico? Where to go?

I've been to Montego Bay, Jamaica before. It's been about 5 years ago, but it is very beautiful, and the snorkeling is amazing!!! I stayed at a local hotel, but it was very nice. I would recommend either an all inclusive resort or pay the money to visit a private beach. Locals can be a little taxing w/their high pressure sales pitch to get your hair braided or offering you a joint every time you turn around. Take a trip up to Ocho Rios and enjoy Dunns River Falls. Amazing!!!
    I would definitely go back, but would probably stay in an all inclusive resort.

Re: Jamaica, Bahamas, Mexico? Where to go?

You are looking at some great places! I have been to Puerto Vallarta and I was fortunate enough to get married at beaches Negril in Jamaica.
    Lets start with Mexico. I always recommend going all inclusive in Mexico. Puerto Vallarta is pretty, but it isn't white sand and clear water. The water is blue, but unless you get far out there, there is no clear water for snorkeling. If you want crystal clear water go to the other side of Mexico to the Yucatan Peninsula. We have gone to the Riviera Maya 3 times and are returning this August. The people are extremely friendly, and most willing to help with tours to the Mayan Ruins, or quick ferries to the smallest hard rock cafe in the world on Cozumel island (The Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando is the largest). Once we went to this side of Mexico we never returned back to Mazatlan or Puerto Vallarta.
    Jamaica is wonderful! It is beautiful and the Beaches resort was amazing. We took a few tours and found the people were not as friendly as the people in Mexico, and they were willing to lie to make extra money. We were told we HAD to buy a tour package to go to Ricks Cafe (a cliff diving spot with bar and restaurant) and when we got there they had a huge billboard advertising that they would pick you up and shuttle you from your hotel for free. That was the shady stuff we had to deal with.

Overall, Jamaica is prettier to me, but Mexico allows for more activity like Chichen Itza and Tulum (Mayan Ruins) and you can take taxis into Playa Del Carmen and go shopping or have dinner at night. I felt much safer traveling outside Mexico at night then I would Jamaica. I hope this helps! Happy Traveling!