Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Samurai Summit's New Breath of Life?

Ah, the good old days of when the queue line for superman stretched all the way down to the bottom of SS. It seems that with the openin of Tatsu, they are going to try to reopen the Lucky Dragon resturant on top of SS. When you take an occasional walk up to the top, no one is there. Ninja is not as big of a draw as it was, and the same can be said about superman. It could be great if there was a reason to go back up there. Apparently word backstage is that one of the elevators has been approved for operation on the sky tower. When the park first opened, there wasn't a whole lot to see up there, and just as Santa Clarita started booming, it closed. So with the opening of a big new coaster, Ninja and Superman still operating, and the possibility of the reopening of the sky tower, the funicular (orient express) to transport patrons, and a restuarant opening back up, is all this going to be a big enough draw the crowds back up there? And will Tatsu be big enough to keep people staying up there for years to come, just as X has kept people at Baja Ridge for years?

• Huh?

Re: Samurai Summit's New Breath of Life?

Ohioan here wondering... where is this park you speak of?
    -Tim

• Incognito

Blog Entries

This is Six Flags Tragic Mountain.

Yea, it'll breathe life into this area, until the aforementioned elevator to Sky Tower breaks again and isnt repaired for 8 years, one of the Ninja cars flys off the track closing that coaster indefinitely, food poisoning shuts the "Lucky Dragon" restaurant, and the Funicular is shuttered down permanantly because god forbid you have a ride thats been there since the park opened!

Of course this is a possible scenario if the park remains to be run the way it has been. Lets hope the new owners of 6F makes some major changes in how they run their parks.

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    Ohioan here wondering... where is this park you speak of?
    Valenica, California.

• Why do you keep talking?

The Cedar Point of California... only a six flags park (meant in the bad way)

I remember the line for SS going ALLLL the way down the mountain, still haven't been on it becuase of it.

I think that area could use something HUGE right about now, and Tatsu is definitely going to do that. And maybe if they actually could keep Ninja open (and running more then one train) it might be a little more popular. It is my favorite suspended (haven't been on Big bad Wolf in Virginia) but the wait times can get ridiculous when the park is dead.

Here's hoping to a new era of the Mountain, becuase it really is (or could be) a beautiful park.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• CM for 4 years!

Ninja is one of my favorite coaster in the park, because it's something different. Haven't been on Superman yet, because I've never encountered a line that was less than three hours long. And I used to love the little Orient Express. It made that walk up the hill real easy!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• All? NO, ALL!

When did the Sky Tower close exactly?

• Circle of Ancients

^ It's been closed for about the past 5 years. Maybe longer.

The Tower has been operational just not staffed.

I'm hoping that Samurai Summit get's the Golden Kingdom treatment that SFGADV got when Kingda Ka opened. They really did a great job on the entire surrounding area and made it look good.

Superman and Ninja are 2 of my favorite rides in the park. We go up to Samurai Summit all the time. Last time we were there we got 6 rides on Superman without even getting up. Where are these 3 hour lines you speak of??? That hasn't happened since the ride opened.

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Superman and Ninja are 2 of my favorite rides in the park. We go up to Samurai Summit all the time. Last time we were there we got 6 rides on Superman without even getting up. Where are these 3 hour lines you speak of??? That hasn't happened since the ride opened.
    We were there two weekends ago and the sign stated that there was a 15 minute wait. It actually took us about an hour to get to the front of the line, which is when the ride broke down. Since Ninja was also down, we made that insane walk up the mountain for NOTHING!

• Circle of Ancients

^ Usually when Superman breaks down it's only because it had to use the manual brakes and skipped the station. Did you hear a loud banging noise when the ride broke down??

That would be the training hitting the back curtain behind the station. It usually only takes 10-15 minutes to reset the ride when that happens.

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    ^ Usually when Superman breaks down it's only because it had to use the manual brakes and skipped the station. Did you hear a loud banging noise when the ride broke down??

That would be the training hitting the back curtain behind the station. It usually only takes 10-15 minutes to reset the ride when that happens.
    Didn't hear anything, but we were still in the ice tunnel with a group of rowdy teens. BTW, I hate how they do not have any staff in there. If the ride is not working, they should send some of them back.

I'll know to wait a little longer next time. We waited about ten minutes and they weren't giving any updates. We did see one car go up as we walked back to the exit, but that was it.

Does anybody know if the left track still actually works?

yes, left track still works, or at least it did during the summer. They had been ranodmly using only the left track some days during this past summer.

Sky tower closed in 1991

the reason ninja only has one train opperating usually, is because there is not a big of enough line to have two trains being worn down at the same time.

• Circle of Ancients

^ I don't think that's correct. I distinctly remember seeing construction pictures of both X and Deja Vu that were taken from the Sky Tower.

could that have been a guest, or employee. The elevators have always worked, they have had pyro displays for the 4th every year. I can double check, but i wont know til Jan. 5th.

• Circle of Ancients

It was a guest. I saw the updates on [Link to unauthorized site removed].net. Of course they are no longer there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast