View Poll Results: Would you join us for Halloween Horror nights?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! This is a remarkable deal. I can by the tickets right away

19 70.37%
  • Good, but don't need tour/dinner if the price was under $100

0 0%
  • I'm fine with ticket and front of the line only for $80

8 29.63%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Smokin' deal for Halloween Horror Nights

hello all, i read about this and I am really interested in this. To be honest the thing I want most is the meet and greet, the tour and admission. Hopefully this is still a possibility!

• Minion

is the front of the line pass the unlimited one or is it the one time per maze? this will affect my decision because we were planning on doing the highest tier ticket this year which allows multiple front of the line trips versus the regular front of the line pass.

any info on this pass? i think im still interested

Any new info on this deal? Is this the package that is going to be sold and when are tickets going on sale?

If this is still a possibility, count me in for at least 2. Possibly 4.

Can we PLEASE get an update on this???!!!!!!!! I am very interested in this. I would like to make sure it is still available.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Hey Gang, I apologize for not getting an update to you sooner. The short answer is, No. We can no longer get the deal.

Now for the explanation...

Last year MiceChat held a Halloween Horror Nights event and we were able to charge only $95 We did this by working with group sales and taking advantage of special pricing through them and by partnering up with the Hard Rock Cafe in City Walk. That was a little pricey but we got admission, front of the line one time use, dinner, and John Murdy even came by to say hello. He is so nice, so cool. The event went so well that I wanted to really ramp it up this year and establish an annual event for Universal.

I decided that I would start early for 2012. So, back in March I reached out to special events at Universal Studios in hopes of putting together an AFFORDABLE HHN event. I asked that we get dinner, admission, front of the line, minimum. But I also said that I wanted to keep it at $100 or less. (nearly impossible for Universal, I know).

After months and months of, "We don't have pricing yet" we finally heard back from them in mid-August. They countered with a package that would include admission, one time front of the line, buffet, meet and greet with Murdy, and a tour of one of the mazes. Their prices were $100 on a Friday or a Sunday, but for the Saturday we wanted, it would have been $125 per person. On top of that, they wanted us to guarantee 100 people. YIKES! Keep in mind that, at this point in time, the regular pricing was not announced. We had no way of knowing what this price looked like compared to what the average person could just buy on their own. What if the average price were cheeper? We would have been stuck. We asked if we could simply get dinner, admission and front of the line for less of a cost, but they said it was a package deal that could not be divided.

So, we decided to run this poll. If you look at the results, only 18 people thought that was a good deal. Still many others were fine paying less if they only got dinner, admission, and front of the line.

So, after a lot of heartache, anguish and debating we had to tell Universal Special Events that the price was way too high for what we felt was something that we could guarantee.

Now, in retrospect, the deal is pretty good relatively speaking. That is, if you want to pay that much money. A lot of people just don't feel comfortable doing it and I don't blame them. The economy sucks right now and I just did not feel comfortable backing Universal's risky bet to raise prices.

We are really really bummed about it all. Really bummed. We will probably still be holding a Universal HHN event, but not with this package.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

That totally stinks. I have a question will there be front of line passes for the event held? And how soon will we know as far as a date and prices?

Thats too bad...I would have bought 4!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm still very interested in a MiceChat meetup at the Haunt. Hopefully it'll be the same date, that's what I planned on with friends and family. Please keep us posted if this is the case and the best way to purchase a ticket and front of the line passes.

Having you run the show Norm is the best, we were able to get on all the rides and mazes with time to spare!!

• Circle of Ancients

Sorry to hear that it all fell through. I know how much hard work you put into trying to make this all work.

I'm sure whatever happens it will be an amazing night at HHN. It always is.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    Great deal, that pretty much covers the night. Two years ago we did the front of the line pass and were done by 10:00pm it was great. I don't remember one line the entire night.
    I was there too (and at the Queen Mary last year) and on the Scary Farm outings for the last three years. . . so with my vast experience on five Micechat Halloween meets I offer these four suggestions:

1. If any of you are on the fence about this, GO! Fishbulb & Dusty are great leaders and you will have fun!

2. Do not attempt to experience Universal or the Queen Mary's nighttime halloween events without front-of-the-line passes. (I don't think they are a must at Knott's if you hit the mazes first thing and go in September.)

3. Don't take the subway to Universal's Halloween Horror night. They stop running too early so you may miss the reportedly must-see Bill and Ted show.

4. If you don't have friends going, don't hesitate to just show up alone and meet up with your fellow micechatters. The first year I went, I met up with friends at Knott's Scary Farm, and some of them were late so that I didn't enter the park early, even though we paid for the Pre-Scare Buffet. Grrrrrr. That was annoying, and the Micechat group seemed so friendly and fun that after that I just arrived alone and met Micechat folks, including a Disneylander (now a Facebook friend) who now bartends at the Carthay Circle in DCA. Terrorizing monsters foster quick friendships among the stalked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12