Big People At Legoland California

My 21 year old brother and I are planning a visit to California in February next year.

I am 5'8 and about 295 pounds.

Can anyone tell me about their experiences of going to Legoland and rides they could and could not get on?

Thank you

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Big People At Legoland California

Honestly, this park may be an issue. Most of the rides are designed for small kids. You should be ok on the Technic Coaster and the Dragon Coaster. They do have a big boat ride through Miniland which should also be ok. The rides in Pirate Shores should also be ok.

Other than that, honestly, the rest of the park may be rough.

That's not to say the park isn't fun, Miniland itself is worth a trip to the park and you can easily spend a few hours just walking around there.

• Minion

I'm 5-4 290 I have no problems with any of the ride my friend 6-2 almost 400 pounds also had no problems. We went alot last year when we had passes.

• D'land Visitor since '57

Quote Originally Posted by razza1987 View Post
    Can anyone tell me about their experiences of going to Legoland and rides they could and could not get on?

Actually, I think there are many attractions that you could ride on. While Sir. Clinksalot is correct in that many of the rides are designed for kids, most were also designed for families to share together, meaning that adults will also fit.

I just got back earlier this month from my first trip there (with my granddaughter) and found lots of rides that I could enjoy. For example, the Splash Battle allows riders of all ages to get wet, as does Pirate Reef. Knight’s Tournament is primarily an adult or older child ride. Lost Kingdom Adventure is like a Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters ride. There are many others that you can ride as well.

If you go to their website The Beginning - Official LEGOLAND California Site you’ll find very few rides that actually have an upper age or weight limit.

Have fun, and let us know what you think of it!
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.