View Poll Results: Which Halloween event is better: Knott's Scary Farm or Hollywood Horror Nights?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knott's Scary Farm hands down!

11 73.33%
  • Universal's Halloween Horror Nights for sure!

4 26.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Hello Dolly.

Re: The Better Haunt

Knotts for me.

You get more for your money here. Mazes, shows, and rides. A great variety of mazes with many scare tactics and the Ghosttown's scare zones are just awesome.

I refuse to buy a fotl pass just to be able to hit everything once. Though I still manage to hit everything at Universal despite what others say. Universal is still a great event, just needs a couple more additions to soak in crowds & yet they do very little to make this happen (desperately need another show).

• Circle of Ancients

Unfortunately the problem with Universal expansion of HHN, just like everything at Universal is the neighbors. This is why we don't have Slaughterworld anymore as an example.

They could put a show in Animal Actors. They REALLY need to bring back Rocky Horror from a few years ago in the T2 theater. But other than that there aren't many more places they could expand where they haven't already.

It would be absolutely EPIC if they were someday able to put a maze or show in Studio 28 but I can't see that happening.

Gregg the year they brought back Horror Nights after the long absence due to the tragic fatality when the tram used to go thru the entire backlot just themed to Halloween and zombies and chainsaw guys etc was the year they had mazes in a couple of sound stages. They had I forget how many mazes (quite a few). I remember being in line for a couple of them and they were actually in the soundstages. The year after that I think was the year they stopped using the soundstages.

I would LOVE absolutely LOVE if they were able to expand Horror Nights with a few extra mazes in soundstages as well as utilize the Animal Actors Stage maybe even theming the show to Halloween and creepy (tarantulas, snakes etc)

• Doombuggy Rider

KNOTT'S easily wins (better value and more to do - which means less chances of waiting in a long slow moving line), even the merchandise is affordable and good quality (something DISNEYLAND should take note of) ...

I'm irritated that UNIVERSAL can't understand that 6 mazes + 1 show + 1 tram + 3 scare zones + a few select Rides is not enough to keep a large crowd moving (they have a larger budget, but still don't make use of their Classic Monsters - good grief Universal has a Classic Monsters Blu Ray Boxset coming out in 2 weeks but they can't find a way to sell Classic Monster merchandise during this event? (rolls eyes) ....

KNOTT'S is the reason Theme Parks have October makeovers ... but both parks need to get rid of the Clowns (their theme has been done to death for too long), about 1/3 of KNOTT'S mazes I am looking forward to (the rest feel like repeated themes that need to be retired) but the live shows @ both are great (I agree, Universal should have both Bill n' Ted and Rocky Horror Picture Show - 2 live shows is not asking much on their budget) ...

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

I agree. Rocky Horror Picture show needs to return. Unless there are productions going on Universal really needs to expand and add a few more mazes. I loved when they used a couple of the soundstages in the lower lot the one year. That did help with crowd flow and lines. I think I managed to do all the mazes that year and it was affordable.

Merchandise I hate to say it they need to offer more. Knott's has such a variety of merchandise including pins. I do like the hoodies this year though.

Im really hoping that Uncle BoBo's gets replaced. I don't mind a clown maze but to have it year after year. Fallout Shelter needs to go. Slaughterhouse was a HUGE improvement this year along with the 3 new mazes and Dilerium so that's a solid 5 right there. If Knott's keeps the 3 new mazes Dilerium one more year and gets rid of a few of the old lame mazes Uncle BoBo's, Fallout Shelter and Dia De Los Muertoes (which I heard is NOT coming back).they are headed in the right direction.

Its definitely clear who the Halloween leader is and it's Knott's.

• Miracle:(n) Kings win Cup

Thousand Oaks, Staples Center, Disneyland

I thought Fallout Shelter was fantastic this year! I've never done it before, and maybe the talent was just on point for our tour through the maze, but everyone in my group had listed Fallout as one of top 3 mazes for them...with many of the people saying that was the scariest for them.

Idk...that's what I love about KSF. There is so much variety in the mazes that you get a different theme and different psychological thrill, which pleases others more on one maze and maybe not-so-much on others for the same maze.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I want the amount of mazes like Knotts but quality of Universal and with unique mazes like Blackout at Six Flags.....they all have good and bad things....really If Universal just had 10 mazes then it would be the best one but because of there limited number of mazes it ends up making the event get lines that stretch out to become 120 mins

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12