Studios Tours- Has Anyone Done Any?

I am looking at the tours for Sony Pictures, Paramount Studios tours and Warner Bros tour. Has anyone done any of these and what did you think of the tour?

• Minion

Re: Studios Tours- Has Anyone Done Any?

I've done other studio tours but I've never heard one negative review about either studio you mentioned. You should be good to go with either of those studios.
    Last edited by jasmineray; 09-29-2012 at 07:57 AM.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I've done all 3 of those tours, and their all great! Warner Bros is my favorite. Paramount has more of the Hollywood history to tell when you take the tour. I can't remember which one of those two got you into more studio sets, I always forget. Sony Studio, I've only done one time, I did enjoy it but you didn't get to go on too many sets and you walked the entire time. Sony is the cheapest of them all, I think it's $30. Paramount is $40 and Warner Bros is $50. Warner Bros does have two different tours. VIP is 2 hours and Deluxe is 5 hours and includes lunch where the stars dine but its $200. I've done that once and it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    I've done other studio tours but I've never heard one negative review about either studio you mentioned. You should be good to go with either of those studios.
    Which studio tours have you done? I would be interesting in hearing about your experiences

---------- Post added 09-30-2012 at 02:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    I've done all 3 of those tours, and their all great! Warner Bros is my favorite. Paramount has more of the Hollywood history to tell when you take the tour. I can't remember which one of those two got you into more studio sets, I always forget. Sony Studio, I've only done one time, I did enjoy it but you didn't get to go on too many sets and you walked the entire time. Sony is the cheapest of them all, I think it's $30. Paramount is $40 and Warner Bros is $50. Warner Bros does have two different tours. VIP is 2 hours and Deluxe is 5 hours and includes lunch where the stars dine but its $200. I've done that once and it was great.
    Thank you for your answer Wow you've done so many experiences haha. Then again I can see your display says you are from CA so that makes sense lol

• Cars Land Rocks!

I've also done all three studio tours you mentioned ... Paramount, Warner Bros. and Sony, as well as the NBC studio tour many years ago. All of the tours are good and worth the money if you enjoy learning the history of studios and getting some behind the scenes views. Tours vary depending on what's going on at the time. I've never been disappointed with any of the studio tours.

If you're interested in seeing a TV show taped/filmed, there are many options on both the Warner and Sony lot depending on when you're visiting, as well as the CBS Radford lot in Studio City, and the CBS Television City lot near Hollywood. There are a couple of sites that handle the free tickets. Just arrive earlier than they recommend. In the first 6 years I lived in LA I attended more than 100 shows, mostly sitcoms. A great way to see production in action.

• former CM

I've also done all three, but it was about 10-15 years ago. Like OC2Epcot, jasimineray, and 1Disneylandfan, I liked all three, and I don't remember one of them standing out as better, so (if you love movies and TV) I suggest doing all three.

Of course the quality of the tour depends on the tour guide you get. But in a town filled with movie-loving aspiring actors, the studios seem to get their pick of bright, charming and energetic guides. That's why I remember really enjoying all of the tours.

The Paramount guide has a lot of interesting & surprising gossip about celebrities--contemporary and from the "golden age." At the time various Star Trek projects seemed to be filling the studio's sound stages.

I recently started a thread about the studio tours and looked up their websites to get updated pricing. Here's a link:

http://micechat.com/forums/other-the...er-person.html

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I've also seen many tv show tapings. It is a lot of fun but it does take up to 5 hours and sometimes longer. Depends on how many re-takes they need to do. Although it does average about 3.5 to 4 hours. The more popular shows sell out quickly. It is free. They give out tickets 30 days in advance of taping date. You can go to audiencesunlimited.com
    It will show you which shows are currently taping and which lots. Most of them are done on the Warner Bros lot.

If you choose to get tickets they come out 30 days in advance of taping day at 9am PST. The popular ones can sell out in a matter of 5-10 mins. Big Bang Theory is one of them and also Two and a Half Men. Even with a ticket in hand it doesn't guarantee you entrance into the studio. Only so many people can fit in the audience and once they reach that, their done allowing entrance. They suggest arriving a minimum of 90 mins before hand. I usually do two hours, and even then their are always people already their and waiting. Parking is free in the designated lot, you just tell them you are their for a tv taping.