My trip review of Coffin Creek 10/06/12

On Saturday Oct 6th my husband, myself and our friend Brad made the long car ride to Coffin Creek in Corona. Last year Chambers of the Mausoleum actually made me cry and have a full blown panic attack. I love to be scared but I found it too much to handle. So I figured I might as well give it another try this year. You have to face your fears, right? We managed to prepurchase our tickets for all 5 attractions for $25 each. Coffin Creek is way out in nowhere. I swear it feels like you are just driving and driving. It is where the 15 and the 91 freeways meet.

So anyways we had plenty of time due to the ever flowing traffic to stop for some dinner and to kill some time before hitting the road and actually reaching Coffin Creek at 6:25pm. Thankfully it was still light outside so finding it was much easier than last year. There are white signs with red lettering. I manged to get lost last year. I definitely recommend arriving by 6:45pm in order to get to all 5 attractions. However if you can't finish all 5 keep your tickets or wristband and come back any operating evening and you can finish.

We had time to kill before we could collect our tickets. We watched the gorgeous sun set and watched as the employees came into work for their shifts. The ticket booth is an actual RV. Once they set up a few minutes past 7pm we were able to get our tickets. There are 5 attractions good for 1 time thru each one. The tickets have the names of the attractions and the employee would hole punch the corresponding one on our ticket. They did have wristbands with numbered tabs but we were given the tickets.

First up was Scarecrow Trail. Let me add that they do very very strict line control here. It makes it VERY nice to go thru the mazes and trail with either just your group or else no more than group of about 12. The trail last year was great but this year has deeply improved. We were the first victims of the evening. I thought the use of very dimly poor solar lights keeping you to the trail was a great touch. It was pitch black out so it made finding sticking to the trail a bit tough. We passed by coffins thinking something or someone would jump out at us but nothing. Basically it's the number of Coffins that were washed up in the great flood which really happened. The use of strob lights and talent really make it one not to miss. When you think that someone would jump out at you all that would do is make me paranoid. Halfway thru you feel like you are out in the middle of nowhere almost like the Blair Witch Project. Just great talent making use of distractions.10/10

---------- Post added 10-08-2012 at 06:11 PM ----------

Next up Shady Hollow Hay Ride which is a walk down a dark and dusty road. Definitely bring a flashlight. The hayride is one of those old fashioned hayrides with a smaller trailer that you sit in. The tractor had issues starting but after a short delay mechanical issue we were off. I loved the old fashioned effects and it wasn't over the top like L.A. Haunted Hayride. It seemed the scares were plentiful on both sides and more coffins. The monsters seemed to really take their job seriously and I don't recall them purposely trying to jump into the trailer with us. 9/10

The Labyrinth of Lost Relcs was next. I was a tad disappointed that it had just been put together by Thursday hence the first room wasn't ready and a few anamatronics as well as we were to have a guide the whole time. The guide takes you thru the first room and portal then we were on our own. The talent was amazing including one amazing outfit on a person/talent. I was screaming but staring as well. Great maze. Good length just wish it had been finished. 8/10

We walked back to Chambers of the Mausoleum where there was no one. We had our own tour guide "zombie girl" with one eyeball. She freaked me out big time. I managed to make it thru even though it was just as creepy as last year. The talent is better than great. They take their job seriously which is good. I love the effects and a couple of rooms. 10/10

---------- Post added 10-08-2012 at 06:17 PM ----------

The last maze is Lone Hill Manor. We waited for more people so it wouldn't be just the three of us. This is a maze that is unguided. It is as good if not better than Knott's 13 Axe Manor Murder. The detail in this maze and the talent yes they ganged up on me. I don't want to give away anything but some nice touches in here. 10/10

After finishing this maze we headed back to the ticket RV place and bought a single ticket to go back thru Chambers of the Mausoleum because it is that good. This time we had a group with us so it was definitely better. We had the same "zombie girl" who scared me at the end. She was very creepy.

When we drove away to the exit we were able to say thank you to the two guys sitting directing cars. They weren't there when we came in but last year they were. I'm sure they will be sitting out there throughout the event when it's open. I definitely recommend Coffin Creek it is a long drive and it is weather permitting. It's definitely a don't miss. If we lived closer we'd go back just to go thru Labyrinth of the Lost Relics to see it completely finished.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: My trip review of Coffin Creek 10/06/12

I'm definitely going to join you guys for this next year!!!

Yay the more the merrier. Actually we found out that they were supposed to open this next weekend but someone made a mistake thus they as to scramble to be ready to open hence why Labyrnth of Lost Relics wasn't completely done but it was still amazing. Definitely I want to take a bunch of people because then it is even more fun.

• former CM

Thanks for that excellent trip report, Madmonkeygirl!

You are VERY welcome. Coffin Creek is definitey not to be missed. It is definitely worth the drive. It's become a yearly tradition for us.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Nice Report! Whoa you did a lot of haunted events this year. Didn't know that this exist. Just checked the map and realized that my aunt house is just 3 miles away from this event. I should consider doing this.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

If you are close enough to Corona I definitely reccomend this. Yes we do actually up next is Delusion The Haunted Play. We are also doing Blumhouse and Queen Mary Dark Harbor, another two visits to Knott's Haunt, Reign of Terror and Fright Fear. We packed a ton of haunted things in this year. Only one I won't be doing that I wanted to is Sinister Pointe but since I know not to go to Paranoia next year we will fit that in instead.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

I had an opportunity to attend Coffin Creek this past Saturday after reading this review several weeks ago.

We got lost getting there because one part of the road is block due to construction of the a new neighborhood.

We got there around 9 and boy the lines were long for Mausoleum. We waited for almost an hour and a half. The maze itself was exactly 10 minutes long. The maze itself was really cool. I love the elevator scene, the rumbling scene, and the finale.

Due to the time constraint, this was our the only maze that we went through.

The next day after I woke up, I realized that me and my brother had mosquito bites on our arms and face. So for those who is planning to attend coffin creek be sure to bring mosquito repellent.
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 10-22-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

We went back last Saturday night 10/20 too. We got there about 6:45pm. Due to the weather the Scarecrow Trail wouldn't open all night because they couldn't open it due to mud. Its outdoors and the rain turned the dirt the path is on into mud. It was unsafe that was the only bummer. Thus the other 4 attractions had much longer lines. We did the Hayride first then Labrythn of the Lost Relics before Lone Hill Manor and the final Chambers of the Mausoleum last finished a bit before midnight.

Im sorry to hear all you were able to do was Chambers but apparently that was their busiest night so far (other Haunts as well).

I found the signs much better being lit and readable compared to last year. Plus I knew how to get there.

• DisneyFan

Wish I could make to Coffin Creek but it is a bit out there from my neck of the woods. You are totally missing out without Sinister Pointe. My wife and I went Sunday night and it was amazing. I have seen some bad reviews and some great reviews but I was impressed. For a Sunday the had a good crowd. We got there around 7:40 and left by 9:15. The maze was great, talent amazing, and scares and tricks left me freaked out. Wish I could hit them all one year to really give my list of favorites but for this year it is just Knotts and Sinister Pointe and even though it was one maze, I think Sinister Pointe beat out Knotts, even with the new Trapped maze. Just my two cents.

Thanks for your review on Sinister Pointe. However even that is very far from me. As it is Coffin Crek was an hour and a half drive. Maybe next year we will hit up Sinister Pointe.