• Not here to help

Wild Wadi Waterpark Dubai

I love waterparks. We donīt really have them here in cold Sweden. The few options availible lack everything that has anything to do with any theme.

Anyone that has been in Dubai knows that it tries hard to be something it hasnīt been before, perhaps a little too hard. Dubai is hot, very hot. No place on earth could be better for waterparks. The two main choices are Wild Wadi Waterpark and Aquaventure The Palm. Itīs hard to say wich one is the best. They both offer the possibility for guests to cool down. Wild Wadi Waterpark a bit more than Aquaventure, since their water tend to be a bit cooler.

Name:  P1090135.JPG
Views: 581
Size:  133.5 KB
    The entrance to the park

Name:  P1090136.JPG
Views: 572
Size:  106.6 KB

Name:  P1090143.JPG
Views: 579
Size:  161.4 KB

Name:  P1090144.JPG
Views: 577
Size:  153.2 KB

Name:  P1090145.JPG
Views: 577
Size:  171.8 KB

Name:  P1090146.JPG
Views: 573
Size:  112.4 KB
    Wild Wadi Waterpark is not very big. But big enough to be a full day place. They use the space in park in a good way. I could see Disney build a park this size next to HKDL in Hong Kong. It could share space with the second gate.

Name:  P1090147.JPG
Views: 574
Size:  149.1 KB
    A waterpark in UAE is like a waterpark in USA. Some people cover themselfes due to religion , but most guests look and behave like people anywhere.

Name:  P1090149 - Kopia.JPG
Views: 568
Size:  124.8 KB

Name:  P1090150.JPG
Views: 568
Size:  127.9 KB

Name:  P1090151.JPG
Views: 564
Size:  184.7 KB
    I like that the river has the color of a real river and not a kiddie pool.

Name:  P1090154.JPG
Views: 562
Size:  104.4 KB
    Wild Wadi Waterpark looks and feels alot like Aquaventure. Both parks have fake ruin like buildings and slides all over the place.

Name:  P1090155.JPG
Views: 566
Size:  139.3 KB
    I do prefer the main waterparks in Orlando over this one. They just have more big and thrilling rides. But Wild Wadi has a few great highlights. My favorites are the groundlevel watercoasters that take guests to higher levels and the few bigger slides.

Name:  P1090157.JPG
Views: 566
Size:  150.9 KB

Name:  P1090162.JPG
Views: 562
Size:  114.0 KB

Name:  P1090164.JPG
Views: 560
Size:  92.7 KB
    One thing that I really liked was that the park was open afterdark. Disney should lern how to use the hours of the day better. Last time I was at Typhon Lagoon I was asked to leave when the sun was shining and I had the the most of fun.

Name:  P1090166.JPG
Views: 563
Size:  104.8 KB
    Wild Wadi Waterpark is a fun place to visit while in Dubai. But it isnīt a place that makes anyone say WOW. It looks a bit better than average and offers the average range of slides.
    The themeing was good, but not as good as Disney. All these waterparks have pros and cons. This one is no different. I will return to this place.

Here are two videos of Wild Wadi Waterpark:

Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 11-21-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: Wild Wadi Waterpark Dubai

Thank you Timmy for the great review!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

OH thats really neat!! Dubai is such an interesting place!
    Thank you for sharing!

• will-o-the-whip

I agree with most of Timmy's assessment of Wild Wadi park. It's good but not as good as the Disney ones in Florida. In Dubai, I prefer Aquaventure at the Atlantis. It's more spread out with lush greenery, even if it has less rides than the compact Wild Wadi. Aquaventure attracts a more balanced gender ratio and serves a primarily international customer base. Wild Wadi runs about 70% male in customer composition and includes a more local and regional (Gulf) customer base.
    A park which may give Disney waterparks a run for their money is being built in Abu Dhabi on Yas Island. It looks like it will have some amazing innovations for a water park, and is supposed to open soon.

• Not here to help

I didnīt see it myself since I stayed in bed all day when the rest of my "crew" went to Abu Dhabi... but the new park they soon will open their supposed to look massive.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Great report. I loved wild wadi when I visited it as few years back but for me nothing beats typhoon lagoon.

I agree though that a similar sized park in hong Kong could be great with a second gate. Ive always thought a pirate themed water park could be great and in HK could replace the never built POC in the main park