Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Six Flags parks no longer allowing re-entry?

This has been a hot topic debate on some coaster sites for a few days. It stared with Six Flags America and Six Flags Great Adventure saying they were no longer going to allow re-entry. Then it was removed from their sites.

Then a revised message came from SFGADV to GADVUpdates.com
    http://gadvupdates.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=215

At Six Flags Great Adventure, Theme/Safari combination tickets, 3-Park tickets, Theme/Safari season passes and 3-Park season passes do allow for same-day exiting and re-entry.
    We will not allow re-entry with single-park tickets (i.e. Theme Park only, Safari only, or Harbor only) or Hurricane Harbor-only season passes. Restricting re-entry is a standard practice for most entertainment venues, including concerts and sporting events. As a guest at our parks, you can attest that they are well attended. By allowing guests to re-enter the park on a same-day visit, we limit the number of guests that may visit on any single day during the season. We have become accustomed to saving space and we simply can't do that anymore. Our parks are near capacity in the heat of summer and we have to manage that demand. We must manage capacity for the guests that are at our front gate and want to come in and enjoy the park * not for those who might come back.
    NOW, Six Flags New England has been thrown into the mix.

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/neweng...kpolicies.html

RE-ENTRY
    Same day re-entry is not allowed
    This is saying no re-entry for ANYBODY.

IMO, if they do this there will be ALOT of upset people. I'm just waiting for this to trickle to the remainder of SF parks. They are comparing it to a concert or sporting event. Sorry, but when is the last time a sporting event or concert lasted 12 hours? Those are also "Hard Ticket" events that frequently sell out. Theme parks are the same day in and day out unless they have a special event.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Six Flags parks no longer allowing re-entry?

Seems to be more about, "We don't want you to go to your car to eat your pre-made lunches."
    If the park is full, then restricted re-entry would be imposed by the fire marshal. There's no need to make a blanket policy of it.

I don't know of too many amusement parks that have this restriction. Concerts and sporting events have this restriction for the same "Eat our food, not your own" reason, too. Not for capacity issues.

If there is an issue with non-guests getting "readmitted" somehow (a fresh hand stamp getting copied to someone else's wrist, for example), then that's more of a security matter than a policy change matter.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• The answer is 42

This could have something to do with the new ownership that's coming into place. Wouldn't surprise me, since Dan Snyder has his fingers in this pot now.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a dark side & a light side and it binds the Universe together.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

This makes no sense. It's a rediculous policy to have, and oh I bet the employees are going to be happy when the $7 per hour they are paid gets them at the bad of and of a screaming guest who can't get back in.
    I mean they are all coming from sports venue/team backgrounds and frankly I never understood it at arenas either...but this isn't an arena where it is the same policy at every one around the country. This is one chain out of many.
    So much for them taking over to increase guest service and make Six Flags better. One has to wonder...is this just a toy for them? They have no theme park expirience and it appears as though they don't even attempt to make up for that. Jesus. So far he's not doing anything to make this Six Flags guest happier.

• e komo mai

If I owned and eatery around the a Six Flag park, I'd be miffed. No one's going to go to these places for lunch. That's bad.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    That's bad.
    For those restaurants. Not bad for Six Flags parks.
    They have a few months to reverse themselves before the big crowds start showing up.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    For those restaurants. Not bad for Six Flags parks.
    And bad for the guests. Have you tried the food at one of their parks? Bleh.

People not allowed to re-enter, especially as the entry ticket prices are sky rocketing, are going to start to feel like they're not being treated well. Then they'll stop going. I think this needs to be rethought...

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    And bad for the guests. Have you tried the food at one of their parks? Bleh.

People not allowed to re-enter, especially as the entry ticket prices are sky rocketing, are going to start to feel like they're not being treated well. Then they'll stop going. I think this needs to be rethought...
    In the long run (i.e., guests thinking about that second trip), yes, it will be bad for the parks.
    Heck, it's already affecting my decision not to go to SFMM.

• Rock Star Minion

This story has made it to Motley Fool:

http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/...gvisit=y&npu=y

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I'm not sure how SFA is situated but the idea at SFGA just seems ludicrous. The parks sit ona massive plot of land. I would consider it more of a hassle to go all the way back out to the car, going to find a place to eat, and then returning only get get a worse parking spot. And this is a BIG parking lot situated inside the property, no Harbour here. If people are overly choosing this then there is a problem inside, not outside.

With that in mind Six Flags Great Adventure was a mad house when I went. It took my aunt and uncle nearly an hour to get their tickets. So maybe it could come to a point where too much room inside is being reserved for people who may only show up again.

• The Candidate

So much for the hope that the new management team would make the parks better!

With SFMM building a new shopping center on the opposite side of the parking booths, I doubt they will institute the same policy.

• Circle of Ancients

^ SFMM is not building the shopping center. It's another company. They have nothing to do with it as that land is not SF property.

• The Candidate

I thought that I had read that it was. In that case, the policy seems more likely for SFMM.

• e komo mai

Could you imagine Disneyland with a no re-entry policy?
    D'oh! It wouldn't be pretty.

• Ok time for cocoa

Knotts Halloween Haunt has had a no reentry policy for several years. Its more of a security thing there. I believe you reenter through a separate gate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast