• Not here to help

Aquaventure on the Palm in Dubai

Aquaventure in the Bahamas is according me the best waterpark in the world. The Disney waterparks look better than Aquaventure but still lack the edge that place has.

There are two Atlantis resorts in the world. One is in the Bahamas and the other is in the United Arab Emirates. The one in UAE is at the very end or top if you want of one of the man made palm shaped islands in Dubai.

Name:  P1080758.JPG
Views: 1216
Size:  96.7 KB
    Atlantis seen from the metro at the Palm.

Atlantis The Palm opened with a huge party and an even bigger firework show. It was one of those larger than life projects we all have herd much about in Dubai. What people forgot was that there already was one Atlantis since many years in the Bahamas.
    The most unique feature of the Atlantis resort is the waterpark Aquaventure. The waterpark is what makes the hotel.

Name:  P1080767.JPG
Views: 1204
Size:  162.4 KB
    Atlantis seen from the metro train.

Name:  P1080769.JPG
Views: 1202
Size:  177.5 KB

Just like in the Bahamas this Aquaventure features a lazy river that connects to many slides, a dolphin area, aquariums and a beach.

Name:  P1080782.JPG
Views: 1209
Size:  84.2 KB
    The beach at Aquaventure

The Aquaventure parks are themed and have a good enough design to satisfy the picky guests like me.
    The one thing that struck me with the park in Dubai was that it lacked the big futuristic building from the park in the Bahamas. It overall felt like the Dubai park had fewer slides.

Some of the slides were hard to find, wich I find odd.

Name:  P1080777.JPG
Views: 1201
Size:  215.5 KB
    The lazy river was much better than any in a Disney waterpark. But it wasnīt as good as the original in Bahamas.

Name:  P1080821.JPG
Views: 1203
Size:  219.1 KB
    This park has a few watercoasters. I got stuck in one and slided backwards and had to leave the slide. The people working at that slide told me that some of the engines to the pumps need to be replaced. I just felt too fat for not being able to go up that hill.

Name:  P1080778.JPG
Views: 1200
Size:  164.7 KB
    The food in the waterpark is mostly bad. Itīs not terrible but it could be alot better. Semes like people that plan these places think all bathing people like is fried chicken and burgers.

Name:  P1080822.JPG
Views: 1197
Size:  105.5 KB
    The Palm seen from Aquaventure

Name:  P1080820.JPG
Views: 1195
Size:  216.4 KB

Name:  P1080830.JPG
Views: 1199
Size:  74.6 KB
    The park is open until the sun sets. Much better here than at the waterparks in Walt Disney World that close when the sun is at itīs peek sometimes.

The first Aquaventure feels much bigger and has more pool beaches than this one. This one also lacks a bit of the wildlife feeling the one in the Bahamas has. Overall Dubaiīs resort does not feel as grand as the original. The biggest minus was that one has to pay to enter the underwater aquarium area. In the Bahamas that area was free to enter.
    What makes this Aquaventure great is the design of the park. It looks better than the usuall waterpark, as good as the Bahamas version. If they epanded it with a few more slides it could be as good as the original. Time will tell. Even though I prefer the original Aquaventure I will return to this one. It is a must when in Dubai.

Here is a video of Aquaventure in Dubai:

Here is another waterpark in Dubai:
    http://micechat.com/forums/other-the...ark-dubai.html
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 12-12-2012 at 08:45 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Re: Aquaventure on the Palm in Dubai

That looks beautiful!
    For the love of Disney....

• will-o-the-whip

I agree that the Bahamas Atlantis is superior, and has gambling of course, which the Dubai one does not. I didn't think the food in Aquaventure was that bad though it was expensive. Best to walk out from the water park's gate and go to the Gourmet Burger Kitchen for a burger and shake. It's delicious and about the same price as the lesser fare in the park. There are some amazing restaurants in the hotel including a Nobu. Dubai Aquaventure is a beautiful park even if it's not up to the level of the one in the Bahamas, which is stunning. Timmy, you're going to have to come back and try the new Yas Island water park in Abu Dhabi when it opens soon, it looks to be simply incredible and could become the best water park in the world.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    I agree that the Bahamas Atlantis is superior, and has gambling of course, which the Dubai one does not. I didn't think the food in Aquaventure was that bad though it was expensive. Best to walk out from the water park's gate and go to the Gourmet Burger Kitchen for a burger and shake. It's delicious and about the same price as the lesser fare in the park. There are some amazing restaurants in the hotel including a Nobu. Dubai Aquaventure is a beautiful park even if it's not up to the level of the one in the Bahamas, which is stunning. Timmy, you're going to have to come back and try the new Yas Island water park in Abu Dhabi when it opens soon, it looks to be simply incredible and could become the best water park in the world.
    I have herd from some of my travelcompanions that it looks amazing. Iīm really looking forward to visit Abu Dhabi as soon as possible.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Aquaventure in the Bahamas is according me the best waterpark in the world. . .
    Have you been to Schlitterbahn in Texas?

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Have you been to Schlitterbahn in Texas?
    No I havenīt. It looks like alot of fun.
    But the thing with the both Aquaventure parks is that they have combined thrills with a great design. What makes Disney parks a bit less fun for some is that in some regards they lack a bit of the thrilling elements.
    Blizzard Beach has some great thrills but itīs lazy river is just too lazy. Aquaventure has a little of everything... the one in Bahamas is better than the one in Dubai but the arabian version is still such a wonderful place to visit.
    I love wetNwild in Orlando... but the look of the place just makes me not feel like going there at all.