Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Knott's Berry Farm Resort Hotel, whats your opinions

I am thinking of staying here for my next trip. it says it has shuttle service, and its way cheap right now!! it looks good and its close to knotts which I want to go to also so it sounds like an awsome deal.what are your opinions, good and bad thanks

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Knott's Berry Farm Resort Hotel, whats your opinions

I haven't stayed there since it was the Radisson but it's a decent hotel. Not sure about the Shuttle service as I have never used it.

If you don't mind using Priceline we have been able to get the Marriot Suites, Hyatt Regency and Doubletree for $50 per night. All offer shuttle service and, IMO, are much nicer than the Knott's hotel.

• Banned User

I picked thismotel as I want to go to knotts and have used expedia before. I can get round trip air and 3 nights at this motel for 677.00 is there some thing cheaper and better??

• Circle of Ancients

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice hotel. Much better than anything you will find directly across from Disneyland. I compare it to one of the lesser Hiltons.

They have a nice restaurant in the lobby and it's close to Knott's.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

We stayed there once a few years ago, had a great suite and the service was wonderful!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I have stayed at the hotel a couple fo times, and have enjoyed the stay each time. Large rooms, nice pool area.

I do stop in and have a drink at Amber Waves (the hotel's main bar and restaurant) on occasion. An easy walk to the park, the Chicken Dinner restaurant and T.G.I. Friday's, plus the Independance Hall area.

TripAdvisor has it listed as the 4th highest rated hotel in Buena Park (out of 19). If you are getting a good deal on the place, go for it.

Then you can buy me a beer if you let me know when you will be there
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

Thats what I weas thinking, I was kind of tired of dealing with the walk and the motels right across the street do not impress me. I love knottsandwant to be go and have fun and not have to worry about a taxi.I paid a fortune last time in taxi's ! I thought, if this motel has a shuttle, it looks so pretty and its next to knotts it may be a wonderful change! I like the free shuttle, and besides last time Iwent and buttercup got picked up by ashuttle and Ihad to walk to my motel I thougt, lucky girl!!! I wanted to get on that shuttle .sooooo bad!! I hated walking down harbor, and I do not want to walkup harbor either.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    I have stayed at the hotel a couple fo times, and have enjoyed the stay each time. Large rooms, nice pool area.

I do stop in and have a drink at Amber Waves (the hotel's main bar and restaurant) on occasion. An easy walk to the park, the Chicken Dinner restaurant and T.G.I. Friday's, plus the Independance Hall area.

TripAdvisor has it listed as the 4th highest rated hotel in Buena Park (out of 19). If you are getting a good deal on the place, go for it.

Then you can buy me a beer if you let me know when you will be there
    you got it!! a cold one for you and the misses) I loved the looks of the bar to LOL! ok, I think I am going to go for it. I will be booking in 2 weeks ( when I get paid) and I am so thrilled!
    Buttercup here we come!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    We stayed there once a few years ago, had a great suite and the service was wonderful!!
    ohhhhh thank you, this place is looking better and better! it looks down right pretty on the web site, and I havewanted to try the chicken for ever! thanks hon!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    and I havewanted to try the chicken for ever! thanks hon!
    That is what Mrs. Knott was famous for That is how the knotts thing all started out. My history is a bit sketchy but I remember reading that she use to always cook her chicken for people or employees who worked for them. But I forget completely.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Actually the story is that the Berry Farm came first, but the family was having some cash shortages, so Mrs. Knott's decided to help out. She started to serve meals in her house, using the family's china. They started out with no real advertising except word of mouth, and letting the folks stopping in to buy berries and other produce know that they were also now selling meals.

It got so popular, they built another building near the house as a restaurant, then kept enlarging the building. The family even moved out of their home to allow for it to be converted to more restaurant place.

And then a few years later, Mr. Knott's started to buy buildings from real Ghost Towns and brought them to Buena Park to allow the folks standing in line for dinner to have something to look at and do (and of course, some shops were in the buildings, helping to add to the profit of the family...). He added things like the Stagecoach rides and a train to keep the kids happy, then started to add some attractions as the area became more popular in general.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Just Me

Ummm...we were not all that impressed, but then we have been spoiled by the service of DLH and GCH. At dinner though, the waiter did offer to get me a margarita to take back to my room.

Try to ask for a room without any adjoining doors. The noise coming from the rooms on either side was unbelievable and kept me up until 1-2 am all 3 nights. I finally ended up stuffing towels under the doors (there were adjoining rooms on both sides of us) to muffle the noise. I also had to contact the head of housekeeping to find out why our room was not made up at 6pm when we had left at 8am.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    Ummm...we were not all that impressed, but then we have been spoiled by the service of DLH and GCH. At dinner though, the waiter did offer to get me a margarita to take back to my room.

Try to ask for a room without any adjoining doors. The noise coming from the rooms on either side was unbelievable and kept me up until 1-2 am all 3 nights. I finally ended up stuffing towels under the doors (there were adjoining rooms on both sides of us) to muffle the noise. I also had to contact the head of housekeeping to find out why our room was not made up at 6pm when we had left at 8am.
    thank you I will do just that. Good tip here I better bring ear plugs to, thats a given on any trip. thanks hon!

Maybe we're pickier that the other folks that have posted but we thought it was downright bad.

I *hope* the sheets and towels were supposed to be "off-white." They were more like a light brown.

There were no bell services but luggage carts were free to use. It was nice not having to tip anyone but when you expect a fairly basic service to be there and it's not, it's a little, uhm, surprising. (No valet parking, either, BTW.)

We paid the premium for the Snoopy room and it *was* pretty cool to have Snoopy come and "tuck-in" our 6 year old but that was a pretty expensive premium. The decor of the Snoopy rooms (and hall) was pretty cool - very Snoopy/Peanutty but the basics (sheets, towels, carpets, drapes) were VERY tired.

A friend of mine who lives near there found out we had stayed there and said we should have talked to him first - that he would have recommended someplace else.

I have no idea what the shuttle service is like -- we stayed one night basically to spend a day at Knott's Berry Farm and for my daughter to get tucked in by Snoopy. It is extremely convenient for visiting KBF. We did Paradise Pier for our Disneyland days. My daughter REALLY liked KBF (thought my wife did not - too many people wearing bedroom slippers and missing teeth or something like that) so I think for our next CA trip, we'd probably stay at a DL hotel and drive over to KBF for half a day to a day. (I like the coasters. )

My wife would probably use much stronger language that I have. She's a Polynesian or Grand Floridian kind of gal.

Brett

• Banned User

I was laughing, I am a simple gal, and well have never been to a real classy motel , never! So when I stayed at the paradise pier I thought wow nice room. But I did not see that place as special, and basically I have stayed in may motels and this motel seems to me a luxuary motel. I have not have valet parking, or room service, I have always taken my bags to my room and so this is not a problem for me. If my buddy goes with me ( and I am praying so) she has a car and I will pay for the gas if she would rather take the car) I am not out to spend a fortune at the motels, I will not be in the room long enough to really care. As long as its clean, looks nice ( and this motel looks very nice) is by a park, and I really want to go to knotts) then I will be happy. I stayed by disneyland, I was not really thrilled with some of the motels I stayed at there. the carousel was not to sharp, but again clean. ramada inn was ok, but again nothing fancy. So I think this motel will be a step up and I love the look of it.
    we shall see the price is way cool!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast