Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Functional & Decorative

USH getting a new Tram Tour attraction--it's about time!

Went on the tour just a few days ago, and the guide blabbed that there's going to be a new Tram Tour attraction just past the Greens Department (right beyond the old Collapsing Bridge). Ground has already been broken, and he added that it would be themed to The Fast and the Furious 3, and would open at the same time as the movie (projected to be this summer). Any one else know anything about it? Details?

In any case, it's the first new thing for the Tram Tour that I can think of since they re-did the Ice Tunnel/Dante's Peak into the Mummy's Tomb... if you even count that. That tour sure needed some TLC, so I'm glad it's coming! Maybe I'll get more use out of my USH pass this year after all.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

Re: USH getting a new Tram Tour attraction--it's about time!

From the tram guide I got, just that it would be a stunt driving demonstration. Though how it could fit in there, I'll never know. Oh, and if you want a work-in-progress timeline of the tram tour, look here:

http://www.theatrecrafts.com/studiot...hronology.html
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

• Why do you keep talking?

I just read through the Studio evolution, and it kind amakes me sad. I remember a lot of those fun things

but the new thing sounds kinda boring unless they can involve the tram somehow, and I doubt they could do much anyway.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• A Pirate's life for me!

When we were there last Thanksgiving, we saw a lot of construction being done to the area of the flash flood street and buildings (the area was closed off). Our guide was tight lipped about it then. Maybe they have looser lips now...

It'll be nice to see something new on the Tram.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

wow, i didn't know they closed Smithee Bridge....that's quite sad...and i really miss Fivel's Playground, E.T., and The Wild Wild Wild West Show.

• Minion

Man, if Universal recreated Skull Island and had you going through it, I'd die. It'll never happen since they already have Jurassic Park the ride, but if it did, I'd most definitely stop by. Lol, I got a free AP last year and I still only visited once...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn
    Went on the tour just a few days ago, and the guide blabbed that there's going to be a new Tram Tour attraction just past the Greens Department (right beyond the old Collapsing Bridge). Ground has already been broken, and he added that it would be themed to The Fast and the Furious 3, and would open at the same time as the movie (projected to be this summer). Any one else know anything about it? Details?

In any case, it's the first new thing for the Tram Tour that I can think of since they re-did the Ice Tunnel/Dante's Peak into the Mummy's Tomb... if you even count that. That tour sure needed some TLC, so I'm glad it's coming! Maybe I'll get more use out of my USH pass this year after all.
    From what I hear, Fast and the Furious will take place in Tokyo...

That's all I got.

• FastPass n00b

I think the last "soundstage" they created was Earthquake in 1989. But the beauty of the Backstage Tour is that you never know what you are going to see or which movies are going to be filming a couple hundred feet away from you. It's not like Six Flags or Knott's attractions where after 5 years they're not as interesting as they once were.

I mean, one tram actually had a Jim Carrey, in full Grinch costume, chasing the tram! The soundstages and attractions are extremely fun and interesting, but for me the main draw is the filming and real live studio tour aspect. I don't really hear myself ever saying, "Oh boy, let's ride the tram so we can smell King Kong's yucky banana breath", lol.

• Minion

Screamscape had a blurb about it today, I'm certain the airborne car/s will somehow interact with the tram as all the other big FX sets do, could be cool if done right:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/univ..._hollywood.htm
    "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again..."- Bart Simpson

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Maybe the car(s) will turn away from the train and burn rubber on the tourists. AKA blow more smoke at the guests. Hmm... "I love the smell of fresh burning rubber in the morning!"

Is the War of the Worlds set considered an attraction? Unless you're not counting that because the set was built there for actual filming and left it there for the tram instead of it being built ONLY for the tram.

Driving through Skull Island and having that big 20 ft King Kong that is now infront of Back to the Future then driving through Jurassic Park would be cool. Then in the Greens Department, they could have some tree props from King Kong AND jurassic park. But there's already a King Kong attraction near New York Street. Are they gonna update/upgrade/replace that anyways??

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Cool! I love the tram tour and I'm glad to hear it'll get something new. I love that things actually film there, and you get to see it in progress.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Creative Director

it's funny, everytime I have been on the tram tour- they are never filming anything that day!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite
    it's funny, everytime I have been on the tram tour- they are never filming anything that day!
    Go on a week day. They are filming all over the lot during the week. The weekends are quiet for filming.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

but when they are filming you can't go on the set.Last summer We missed wisteria lane and new york street because they were filming desparate housewives and setting up for the ghost whisperer.

• Circle of Ancients

http://www.[Link to unauthorized site removed].net/updates.php?updateCD=011906

[Link to unauthorized site removed] has a new update including the construction going on with the Tram Tour and Jurassic Park rehab.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast