Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Joe's Life of Walt Disney Los Angeles Tour

Oh my goodness!!!! Such an excellent tour! I don't believe you are the same people who put together a photo book of the trip to Marceline, but you should be. All the information was so interesting and gives me the ability to conduct my own tour if I'm ever down that way. So good! Thank you for letting me enjoy your trip.

The original garage structure from Kingswell Drive is now at the Garden Grove Historic Society not far from DLR.

OMG, you all are too much (in a good way) with all your Disney adventures (yes, that IS a feeble play on words). LOVE that you all wore your medals!

Having grown up in L.A., ALOT of historical places just seemed part of everyday life (especially the Griffith Park Carousel and Travel Town and the Carolwood Barn, and eating with my grandparents at the Tam), but are so much more meaningful now. If only more fans took the time to truly walk in Walt's early footsteps.

As always, thanks for such a great post!!

• formerly very helpful

This was a great, unique way to celbrate Uncle Walt's life, and what he gave to all of us.
    Everytime I take my girls to the Griffith Park carousel I know I imagine I feel a connection to Walt, and give a silent thank you.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I wonder if the people who currently live in Walt's old houses know they're living in Walt's old houses?
    If the people they bought it from were smart they would have made that point very loud and clear.

And I hope you guys bought something from that copy shop. I'm sure they don't have that many people walking in there simply to gawk at the fact that it was the first Disney Studio. It would have been a nice gesture.

• Joe Flowers

I'm glad everyone has been enjoying the trip report. We had a great time that day, and it's totally something anyone with a little free time could do.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    And I hope you guys bought something from that copy shop. I'm sure they don't have that many people walking in there simply to gawk at the fact that it was the first Disney Studio. It would have been a nice gesture.
    We did. I figured it would have been rude as well to walk in and leave. Luckily beside the front counter they have sodas and bottled water, so we each bought one of those. Marina, who I assume is the owner, seemed happy to talk to us about the shop, and was proud to show off all the Disney pictures.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post
    I'm glad everyone has been enjoying the trip report. We had a great time that day, and it's totally something anyone with a little free time could do.

We did. I figured it would have been rude as well to walk in and leave. Luckily beside the front counter they have sodas and bottled water, so we each bought one of those. Marina, who I assume is the owner, seemed happy to talk to us about the shop, and was proud to show off all the Disney pictures.

That's nice. Yeah it would have been rude for sure. Now I that that's taken care of I really want to take this tour! Thanks for posting!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Just realized I live a couple of blocks away from the house - I knew about the others, but, hey: that was so cool!

Edited to add:
    Uh yeah, in my case 4 minutes round trip on foot!

Not much makes me homesick for Southern Cali other than Disneyland, but this was sweet, thanks. My late husband passed away in the hospital across the street from the studio where Walt also passed; we lived in the area and drove past the studio constantly.

Lynne
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12