• former CM

What R theBiggest&Best Halloween events in LA& O Co.s after theme parks & Queen Mary?

What are two or three of the biggest and best scary Halloween events or shows in Los Angeles or Orange counties besides those held at Knott's, Disneyland and the Queen Mary?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: What R theBiggest&Best Halloween events in LA& O Co.s after theme parks & Queen M

In my opinion they would be:

Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights
    Sinister Pointe - Sinister Pointe Haunted Attractions
    Delusion - Haunted Play presents Delusion | Los Angeles Horror, LA Theater
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: What R theBiggest&Best Halloween events in LA& O Co.s after theme parks & Queen M

In my opinion--

Los Angeles Haunted Hayride--Went last year and it was fantastic. We accidentally drove in to griffith park from the back and it really set the mood as it was very dark and we thought we were lost.

Sinister Pointe is amazing. Hands down. However, it doesn't take a lot of time. I suggest downtown Brea for dinner before or after. Or beginning or ending the night with the Empty Grave in Anaheim.

Last year the Blumhouse of horrors was also very, very good. We went at the end of the season and I understandd they made big changes from the beginning, but the production value was great.

I also suggest getting VIP where available. We bought VIP for the Hayride and it got us to the front of the ridiculously long line.

Also starting t the end of September check Groupon and Living Social for deals. YOu can get of to half off sometimes. I used a groupon for Sinister Pointe, The Empty Grave, Blumhouse and Haunted Hollywood Sports(don't reccomend.)

• Singing Drinker

Haunted Hollywood Sports sounds like they're trying to up their game from the past. If I can get the time with everything else I want to do this season, I'm hoping to catch it.

Apparently they're having both paintball and non-shoot mazes?
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

They have Killhouses that are done with Airsoft guns. Tried to do that when I went, but it was about an hour wait and only about fifty people in line.

They had four mazes, but one was down when I was there. The best maze from last year was something about a dystopian Los Angeles. Burned out cars and what not, but that is part of the paintball park, so those elements weren't exactly brought in for the maze itself. The problem with the mazes being out in the open was that you could see the scareactors in front of you, then they would try to scare you.

The bar had about for people in it and the drinks were pretty expensive, but the drinks were at least tasty.

How long is the haunted hayride?? We are doing Knott's Haunt on the 3rd, so might want to do this the next night! (We live in Nevada)
    Do you think it is a long wait on that Friday, we are spending so much money now , not sure we want to spring for front of line passes for 4 people.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by christianlyons View Post
    They have Killhouses that are done with Airsoft guns. Tried to do that when I went, but it was about an hour wait and only about fifty people in line.

They had four mazes, but one was down when I was there. The best maze from last year was something about a dystopian Los Angeles. Burned out cars and what not, but that is part of the paintball park, so those elements weren't exactly brought in for the maze itself. The problem with the mazes being out in the open was that you could see the scareactors in front of you, then they would try to scare you.

The bar had about for people in it and the drinks were pretty expensive, but the drinks were at least tasty.
    I apparently have contacts there. If I get info I'm allowed to pass along without sleeping on the couch for a month, I will.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

I finally went on you tube and found that the hayride is about 20 minutes only. So looks like we are going to go to the Dark Harbor. Has anyone gone there? I read that 2 mazes are wheelchair friendly. And someone said there are 3 mazes in the Queen Mary, is that correct? How long are the lines to the mazes. We are looking at the first Friday in Oct.

The Hayride is only twenty minutes, maybe a little more, but they have a separate maze as well. Also they have a side show that can take up some time.

Keep in mind that parking at the hayride is free. Parking at the Queen Mary is about $20.00.

Also, getting to Long Beach can be a pain.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by christianlyons View Post

After hearing more about this event from the inside...

I... have concerns. I don't think I could recommend it for attendance.

• former CM

Thanks to all of you who responded to my question!
    I liked the Queen Mary's Haunter Harbor, and I'm looking forward to Sinister Pointe, Delusion, and the Haunted Hayride.

--Tom Sinsky