Thread: parks for sale

• Banned User

parks for sale

according to cnn and bloomberg, six flags is putting its oklahoma parks up for sale as well as moving its headquarters to new york city. and CBS is selling the paramount theme parks. this was reported today

• Closed Account

Re: parks for sale

at the sfmm meeting with mark shapiro, he said he might need to sell a few parks, for the good of the company. no surprise.

• Huh?

And hopefully somebody good will come in and fix up the destroyed Paramount parks...

King's Island used to be a great place to go to.

Any word on if they were planning on transferring a liscensing agreement for the Paramount parks?
    -Tim

• The Candidate

Here is a link to the Parmount article:

http://www.newswatch50.com/business/...8-559D8E9DAFD0

• Banned User

Parmount has theme parks? How are they? Where are they?

• Minion

The closest one is Paramount's Great America up here in Santa Clara:

www.pgathrills.com

I've mentioned it before on these boards, used to be a really nice up and coming theme park with so much potential. That was until Paramount got ahold of it and destroyed all the beautiful theming and mature landscaping, all the while ripping out classic ride after classic ride every year. All for tacky gaudy Paramount "theming" (ie: ripping out trees and cementing over landscaping for Paramount souvenier shops/products, splashing loud gaudy neon paint over everything) and done on the cheap stripped down carnival rides. The park looks and feels like a cheap local carnival, nothing like the detailed beautiful American themed areas and exciting unique themed rides it originally once had before Paramount came along. The park is far beyond restoring, I can only hope the new owners will take the park in a new direction and lavish it with much needed TLC once they assess how bad this park was destroyed and neglected by Paramount.
    "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again..."- Bart Simpson

• Time Traveler

I used to love going to Great America. It did go downhill though, they took the train out, they got rid of Stealth, TIDAL WAVE (not Greased Lightning)and all the paving over does look really bad. A huge open area with nothing but asphault and some carnival swings.
    I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
    Gas For Car- $60
    Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    King's Island used to be a great place to go to.
    Don't I know it. I first started going there when we moved here about 6 years ago and it's only gone downhill.
    Opening day was yesterday and I went for a few hours when they opened. Half the rides weren't working, Drop Zone got stuck (towards the top, with people on it...which is why I will never go on that ride), there was still trash all over the place. They said their computers had problems so that's why the rides weren't working and that they had people at the rides working on them...yeah..right.
    The metal detectors need to be changed. Or at least put ropes between them so that there is a defined line and there is no cutting in line.
    I hope whoever buys the paramount parks does something decent with them. According to the local paper, there is no buyer as of yet, but that it shouldn't affect the parks in any way.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Huh?

We used to go every summer. And at first, it was kind of exciting to see the Paramount stuff in the park. But it just went downhill after its first couple of years. I haven't even been there since Son of Beast opened.
    -Tim