Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Off to Neverland

Re: knotts roller coasters, which one ?

Jaguar is the best beginning coaster! My friend was terrified of roller coasters, we made her go on it, and she was on it all day.

The next year we tricked her into going on Ghostrider cuz it's the greatest ride they have...my fav... but lately...it's been pretty bad...i'm afraid of it now! Normally I'd wanna go on it multiple times, but now It's like, ok, I'm done, I don't wanna die!

Silver Bullet is surprisingly very smooth, it's good.

Excelerator is intimidating when looking at it, but it's so quick, u close ur eyes u'd never know.

• 2007 Ice Hockey Champs!

Wink Re: knotts roller coasters, which one ?

I don't know what it is about Silver Bullet, but each time I go on it I have more and more issues with my tummy and head. I normally take bonine before riding this kind of ride and it does the trick. I think that outside roll (the one before the cobra roll) just messes with my head. As a coaster I do enjoy it, but I would have preferred a floorless setup instead. Just my opinion... it is worth a ride no matter what.

Just don't pass up watching the look on peoples' face when they are at the bottom (coming at you) of the cobra roll and even at the top. Stand right near the fencing and wave at them as they are going over... the looks are classic sometimes.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Jaguar is by far the tamest outside of camp snoopy.

Lord... no more coasters in
    Knotts ! How bout some dark rides?

I highly
    recommend everyone attend Mystery Lodge which is quite frankly the best live entertainment at any park anywhere... period. Sounds crazy but Disney should take note about what makes this attraction dazzle after all thses years.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda

I highly
    recommend everyone attend Mystery Lodge which is quite frankly the best live entertainment at any park anywhere... period. Sounds crazy but Disney should take note about what makes this attraction dazzle after all thses years.
    what is mystery lodge? please tell memore

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2
    Cross fingers... KNOTT's BEARY TALES!!!

Haha... yes I'm still living in the past and can hear the melody of that ride in my head.
    They took out Beary Tales? Damnit!!! I liked that ride. I still have my books about that ride somewhere. The tale of the family trying to get to the fair to enter the pie contest, accomponied by some frogs and being followed by a pie eatting fox.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    They took out Beary Tales? Damnit!!! I liked that ride. I still have my books about that ride somewhere. The tale of the family trying to get to the fair to enter the pie contest, accomponied by some frogs and being followed by a pie eatting fox.
    Holy cow, I had totally forgotten about Beary Tales!!!!! I LOVED that ride when I was a kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I highly
    I forgot about the mystery Lodge. That is a great special effects show

• Banned User

thank you for telling me wrassler, I can not wait to see this!

• Circle of Ancients

We saw Mystery Lodge about 5 years ago ... once ... that was more than enough.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    We saw Mystery Lodge about 5 years ago ... once ... that was more than enough.
    Is that the one that is a knock off of the Haunted Shack in Calico?

I vaguely remember seeing it as a kid. Its worth seeing once, but I wouldn't plan my day around it.

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Re: knotts roller coasters, which one ? Mystery Lodge Tangent

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Is that the one that is a knock off of the Haunted Shack in Calico?

I vaguely remember seeing it as a kid. Its worth seeing once, but I wouldn't plan my day around it.
    ACK!

No, no, no, I think people are confusing Mystery Lodge with the old Haunted Shack, judging by the person who wrote "We saw Mystery Lodge about 5 years ago ... once ... that was more than enough."

Mystery Lodge is set in a theater and features wonder special effects. It is sponsored by some native american tribes and it is truly an entertaining and engaging show. It's a mix of a live actor and remarkable effects. It's a show based on an Expo 86 pavilion featuring a Native American storyteller.

One web site says "The smoke rising from the fire, twists and shapes itself to form the ghosts and demons of the Storyteller's yarn in this spine-tingling, but life-affirming tale about the relationships between youth and their elders. The show opens with a ghostly encounter in which an aging Indian storyteller is visited by the mysterious owl of death, causing him to recall fond memories of his life. In his reflection, the audience discovers the wonder, magic and enduring importance of family."

Here's the link: http://www.brcweb.com/heritage/mystery-lodge.htm

The photo is a pretty accurate representation of what you actually see during the performances.

So, again, It's the best theme-park live entertainment around... yes folks, even better than it's more famous neighbor in Anaheim. Too bad the queue is such a disaster.

Sorry, but I don't think people give this attraction enough credit. It's the best attraction the park has to offer.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Island Paradise

Karla, I have a ten year old and she is fine on Ghostrider. I say try it...It's one of the best in the West!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: knotts roller coasters, which one ? Mystery Lodge Tangent

ACK!

No, no, no, I think people are confusing Mystery Lodge with the old Haunted Shack, judging by the person who wrote "We saw Mystery Lodge about 5 years ago ... once ... that was more than enough."

Mystery Lodge is set in a theater and features wonder special effects. It is sponsored by some native american tribes and it is truly an entertaining and engaging show. It's a mix of a live actor and remarkable effects. It's a show based on an Expo 86 pavilion featuring a Native American storyteller.

One web site says "The smoke rising from the fire, twists and shapes itself to form the ghosts and demons of the Storyteller's yarn in this spine-tingling, but life-affirming tale about the relationships between youth and their elders. The show opens with a ghostly encounter in which an aging Indian storyteller is visited by the mysterious owl of death, causing him to recall fond memories of his life. In his reflection, the audience discovers the wonder, magic and enduring importance of family."

Here's the link: http://www.brcweb.com/heritage/mystery-lodge.htm

The photo is a pretty accurate representation of what you actually see during the performances.

So, again, It's the best theme-park live entertainment around... yes folks, even better than it's more famous neighbor in Anaheim. Too bad the queue is such a disaster.

Sorry, but I don't think people give this attraction enough credit. It's the best attraction the park has to offer.
    OOOHHHHH!!! Nope, never seen that, but it does sound great!

Thanks for clearing that up!

• Circle of Ancients

Yeah, I still say the Mystery Lodge Sucks ... but that's my opinion.

I went on my very first (and only) big coaster at Knott's 2 weeks ago. Silver Bullet. It looks intimidating, I don't even know how I brought myself to go on it, but I came off grinning from ear to ear, and running to go on again. It's extremely smooth, though I couldn't tell you much about the layout. I was in the back, and therefore not seeing where I was going. It was so awesome, though. If your daughter feels brave, give it a try. And it's not that high up, but I'm comparing it to looking at Xcelerator. Not a fair scale.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast