Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Why do you keep talking?

Re: knotts roller coasters, which one ? Mystery Lodge Tangent

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    So, again, It's the best theme-park live entertainment around... yes folks, even better than it's more famous neighbor in Anaheim.
    Um... no. It's good to see once, but it's nothing very spectacular. As for the rides, I would follow the advice given by eveyone else.
    Last edited by Hector; 02-02-2006 at 07:23 PM.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Banned User

Re: knotts roller coasters, which one ?

ohhh you all have me so excited!! I am going to brave someof these coasters, I just have to Iam getting oldI need the thrill I am difinatly going to see everything there is to see at this park. I am busting at the seams to go but I have to wait 6 1/2 more weeks , oh but that goes by fast

• Circle of Ancients

^ Don't psyche yourself up too much. Sure, Knott's is a fun park if you have never been ... but if you are expecting anything along the lines of a Disney, Universal or Busch park you will be dissapointed.

And I agree with Hector. Mystery Lodge is probably as good as HISTA ... maybe HISTA is better.

• Island Paradise

Mystery Lodge is kinda weird.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    ^ Don't psyche yourself up too much. Sure, Knott's is a fun park if you have never been ... but if you are expecting anything along the lines of a Disney, Universal or Busch park you will be dissapointed.

And I agree with Hector. Mystery Lodge is probably as good as HISTA ... maybe HISTA is better.
    we had beento knotts,but we did not get much in. my son was screaming hislittle headoff so we had to leave early. I look forward to playing longer here ,and having the chicken! ( and the funnel cake

• Why do you keep talking?

Yay Funnel Cake! It's the bestest ever! and I'm glad you get to go again after not being able to do much the first time around.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    ohhh you all have me so excited!! I am going to brave someof these coasters, I just have to Iam getting oldI need the thrill I am difinatly going to see everything there is to see at this park. I am busting at the seams to go but I have to wait 6 1/2 more weeks , oh but that goes by fast
    I guess not everyone shares my thoughts about Mystery Lodge, alas someone compared it to HISTA (which I would like to point out is NOT live entertainment) and it's in an entirely different league than HISTA. Anyway, it is nice to have a non-coaster state of the art attraction at Knott's. But judging from some people's reactions, I suppose not everyone agrees with me.

You'll have fun at Knott's. While you're in Ghost Town, take the time to try and look at the former glory and charm this park used to have. If you squint you can almost see what it once was: more than Coasters and Midway games, it was fun family entertainment. Sadly those days fading away.

Anywho, all the coasters are nice and those who recommended the Ghostrider for a newbie should be rethinking that. The ride is so violent I always feel like I have had a seizure or stroke by the time I get off. =)

Start with the Jaguar and work your way up! Most of all have fun and enjoy the boysenberry punch!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Talon
    Sorry folks, but the last rumor I heard about the poor Dino's was the building being replaced with yet another coaster of some sort. Sad to see Cedar Fair turn the park into SFMM #2 like this.
    NOOOOO! Damn you, Cedar Fair! I like roller coasters, but dark rides are way better. -.-; Besides that park has enough roller coasters as it is. It's good to have variety...though, apparently CF doesn't think the same way, unfortunately.

It's a pity they won't try bringing back Bear-y Tales. I, at most, have memories of seeing the figures in the playhouse that they moved it to, and from what I remember (I was only 8 at the time, I think...7 or 8.) it was cute. ^^

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I remember when I rode Knott's Dino ride. The ceiling and wires to the flying creatures were as visible as day and ther was an employee sitting smack dab in middle of one of the scenes. Nice ride though.

Did it have a queue line show or no? I remember on the outside of the building you were aqble to read some interesting info about Dinosaurs as you approached the ride entrance. But i forget if there was an indoor queue show.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hector
    Yay Funnel Cake! It's the bestest ever! and I'm glad you get to go again after not being able to do much the first time around.
    You are so dang right about that!!!! I forgot about their funnel cake till now and it is so dang good with powder. I think I liked it with the strabbery topping as well but I forget.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    I guess not everyone shares my thoughts about Mystery Lodge, alas someone compared it to HISTA (which I would like to point out is NOT live entertainment) and it's in an entirely different league than HISTA. Anyway, it is nice to have a non-coaster state of the art attraction at Knott's. But judging from some people's reactions, I suppose not everyone agrees with me.

You'll have fun at Knott's. While you're in Ghost Town, take the time to try and look at the former glory and charm this park used to have. If you squint you can almost see what it once was: more than Coasters and Midway games, it was fun family entertainment. Sadly those days fading away.

Anywho, all the coasters are nice and those who recommended the Ghostrider for a newbie should be rethinking that. The ride is so violent I always feel like I have had a seizure or stroke by the time I get off. =)

Start with the Jaguar and work your way up! Most of all have fun and enjoy the boysenberry punch!
    I am going to go from the top to the bottom of knotts. I am going to see everything there is to see in the time aloted. I am sure I can do the whole park in one day, its small and I am going to get all of it in ! I want to see the glass blowing, and the shows, man just talking about it gets me so excited. I am like a big old fat kid, I am that happy!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I am going to go from the top to the bottom of knotts. I am going to see everything there is to see in the time aloted. I am sure I can do the whole park in one day, its small and I am going to get all of it in ! I want to see the glass blowing, and the shows, man just talking about it gets me so excited. I am like a big old fat kid, I am that happy!!!
    Snoopy usually roams the park.

Anyway I remember when Elvira use to do her halloween gigs at Knott's. she is so dang hilarious. She seems like a really nice gal too.

She talked about her upcoming film called "Elvira's Haunted Hills"

I went on the Calico Mine Ride when it was in its Halloween attire it was interesting how they created the hellish like effects.

• CM for 4 years!

I miss the Knott's Berry Farm of my childhood. Since I'm only 19, that should let you know how far I think the park's quality has fallen in such a short time. It used to be the perfect family parks... admission for kids was ALWAYS $9.99.

I try to visit now at least twice a year, and I tend to go on non-peak weekdays, so I'm able to do everything that I want to do in the park in about 4 hours. But that's because I was practically raised there (I lived off of Beach at La Mirada Blvd, and then lived off Beach at Idaho)

I loved Knott's. I only continue to love it for the nostalgia factor.

Man, when I was young, I always wanted to get married in the Church of Reflections.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Banned User

So mel, what day is off day? we are going to be in disneyland Saturday and Sunday, for the fireworks and fantasmic( I hope they are doing this april 1st and second ) and then maybe Knotts Monday or tuesday, what do you think? what day is usually low attendace in dca and disneyland?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    I miss the Knott's Berry Farm of my childhood. Since I'm only 19, that should let you know how far I think the park's quality has fallen in such a short time. It used to be the perfect family parks... admission for kids was ALWAYS $9.99.

I try to visit now at least twice a year, and I tend to go on non-peak weekdays, so I'm able to do everything that I want to do in the park in about 4 hours. But that's because I was practically raised there (I lived off of Beach at La Mirada Blvd, and then lived off Beach at Idaho)

I loved Knott's. I only continue to love it for the nostalgia factor.

Man, when I was young, I always wanted to get married in the Church of Reflections.
    I completely forgot about Knott's church.

Hey have any of you gone on its ghost town tours or panning for gold?

I remember on the tours they took us to some houses, churches, and cemeteries from the frontier days where they would have people in costume tell us stories. I have been to Knotts twice during Halloween, once during Christmas, and once when it was just normal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast