Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

knotts roller coasters, which one ?

we plan on going to knotts one day in April whilewe are incalifornia, tell me, which rolloer coaster is not so bad ( scary wise)and easy for a 11 year old ( she has never been on any before) we seee there is several at knotts, but we do not want to go on any that go backwards or are way to high. Thanks

• Circle of Ancients

Re: knotts roller coasters, which one ?

The first one you may want to start off is Jaguar. It's no faster than Big Thunder.

Second I would try Montezooma's Revenge. It's got a launch and 2 loops, but it's over VERY quickly so if they don't like it it won't be long until it's over.

If she's okay with those 2 I say move her on up to Ghostrider. But sit towards the front as the ride is a little rough these days.

And if she's still okay try Silver Bullet. It's a little intimidating looking but it's very smooth.

Only if she's VERY comfortable with those would I even say to try Xcelerator. It's VERY intense but also short. My 9 year old loves it, but she's been riding BIG coasters since she was six, nothing scares her.

If you need any other advice, let me know.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Jaguar ain't extreme at all. Anyone can ride it and have fun .

Montezooma's was fun too.

I also liked Ghost Rider.

Never rode Xcellerator yet though.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Here are some other Knotts attractions that might interest you Karla, depending on your daughters age Knott's offeres Mining for Gold and a tour through Knotts Ghost Town (In the cemetery, if you step on the graves, you may be able to feel some heart beats), The Calico Mine Ride, The Log Ride, The Dinosaur ride (I do not know if they replaced the ride after they took it out for a Halloween maze last October).

• Banned User

Thank you all so much!! My 11 year old loved knotts, but againwe could not convince my 3 year old we were there for fun. this time its her and I am the park will be a blast!! this is her first time with mommy and me vacation time alone

• Circle of Ancients

FYI, Kingdom of the Dinosnores ... er, Dinosaurs is still closed. Some of the AA's have been moved to the log ride (a wolf and a couple other ones). The building is gutted. No news has been leaked as to what may be replacing it.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    FYI, Kingdom of the Dinosnores ... er, Dinosaurs is still closed. Some of the AA's have been moved to the log ride (a wolf and a couple other ones). The building is gutted. No news has been leaked as to what may be replacing it.
    Cross fingers... KNOTT's BEARY TALES!!!

Haha... yes I'm still living in the past and can hear the melody of that ride in my head.

• 2007 Ice Hockey Champs!

Sorry folks, but the last rumor I heard about the poor Dino's was the building being replaced with yet another coaster of some sort. Sad to see Cedar Fair turn the park into SFMM #2 like this.

As for coasters for someone who is not versed in coasters, I would definitely say Jaguar before anything else. This is easily the best beginner coaster there is in the park.

As for Ghostrider, I used to be a huge fan of this coaster until recently when I took a bump the wrong way and was sore for a little bit. I know every hill and every nuance of that track, and the new "character" it has gained left me hunting for Tylenol.

I have ridden on Xcellerator once with a rather mixed review. The intense (for me and my low blood pressure) start out the gate caught me by surprise and I think I had my eyes closed the first 100 feet of the track... not by choice. I would blame this mostly on the position of my head in the headrest. Being someone with a longer body frame, I didn't exactly fit the place built into the headrest for your head. The pressure on launch more than likely pressed on the wrong place in the back of my head, but I am sure that is a few and far between seen issue. Check your fit with the seat outside the entrance before going on!! Also, if you have low blood pressure I would suggest sitting this out if you are not comfortable with the launch G's.

You MUST ride the log ride and the mine ride! Take in the classics and enjoy yourself. Oh yeah, and if you get a chance to hit Mrs. Knotts Chicken Restaurant, do it at lunch for a cheaper and smaller meal (excluding Sunday when it is dinner all day). You lose an extra side dish and dessert, but given the portions as it is they will not be missed.

Have a great one and enjoy the day!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Thank you all so much!! My 11 year old loved knotts, but againwe could not convince my 3 year old we were there for fun. this time its her and I am the park will be a blast!! this is her first time with mommy and me vacation time alone
    Have you rode the Perilous Plunge at Knotts?

I LOVE that ride. It may be modified though cause I rode it before some lady fell out of the boat due to failure of putting her safety on completely.

Anyway when I rode it you get on a boat like on POTC and you go up about a hunder or two feet I believe (Correct me if I am wrong) and then you turn around and go down a steep drop and get completely drenched. It is fun .

• Banned User

we saw this ride ( perilous plunge) whenwe were there last time. no one wanted to ride it as they were scared.also you really get wet.Iwant to do this oenreal bad now, but in Aprilandgetting wet, not sure that onesa do able ride then. way to cold if I get wet.
    we comefrom Montana where the only thrillsare chasing cows so rides that we encountered looked scary at the time. ( this was our first theme park ever) we had not ever been to disneyland either. So the rides looked a bit scary, now I want to do them overand over

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

we saw this ride ( perilous plunge) whenwe were there last time. no one wanted to ride it as they were scared.also you really get wet.Iwant to do this oenreal bad now, but in Aprilandgetting wet, not sure that onesa do able ride then. way to cold if I get wet.
    we comefrom Montana where the only thrillsare chasing cows so rides that we encountered looked scary at the time. ( this was our first theme park ever) we had not ever been to disneyland either. So the rides looked a bit scary, now I want to do them overand over
    Oh and if you do ride Perilous Plunge, do it during the day with either panchos on or their sweaters off. If you ride without panchos ask the ride operator to hold on to all your sweaters and ride it during the day. Then after the ride, go on a coaster or two and you will dry off quick. We rode Ghost Rider right after Plunge and were dry right after we got off Ghost Rider.

None the Less have fun .

• Ok time for cocoa

You could start smaller with Timberline Twister in Camp Snoopy. It is a coaster and smaller and slower than Jag.

KoD is not coming back. There is a Jonny Rockets going in down stairs and talk of a spin and puke up stairs. Something called "DISCO".

• Banned User

wooooo you reminded me to go get ponchos before we leave. In case it rains while we are there.say, is April the rainy season there ? we better get prepared! and yes, I will pack it in my duffle bag so we can go on perriless plunge!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

wooooo you reminded me to go get ponchos before we leave. In case it rains while we are there.say, is April the rainy season there ? we better get prepared! and yes, I will pack it in my duffle bag so we can go on perriless plunge!
    Rain? California? Never heard of it

But seriously every now and then you might get rain. Not very often though. I think it only rains there a few times each year.

• Banned User

I went and bid and won ponchos on ebay, I got 2 new ones for 99 cents!!! and2.00 shipping, 3.00 for ponchos is awsome. ! Not sure what they charge for them in disneyland but I think I did gtood

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast