Christmas Town at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA

Hey MiceChatters...

I don't post much, but I've been a reader of the site since the bad old day's before the 50th

I was down in Williamsburg, VA to check out the Holidays in that part of the world. Most of the time was spent at Busch Garden's Christmas Town event... my pics are here:
    Colonial Williamsburg / Bush Gardens Christmastown 2013 - a set on Flickr

Without going into overkill, this was a great event. My girlfriend who's only been to WDW during fairly busy times (once during the last week of June '13, once Columbus weekend '11) has declared Busch Gardens to be her favorite theme park. Crowds were bigger on Saturday than Friday, and on Friday crowds got heavier later one. We arrived at 2:45 for a 3:00 opening, and parked literally steps away from the main entrance.

The theming was great, the streetmosphere we fun, the shows were really nicely done. I'm not big on religion but I'm glad that they didn't entirely eschew Christianity. The snacks were great! Big s'mores desserts, hot wassail, hot cocoa, the best apple pie funnel cake I've ever tasted. The one thing they are lacking on is dinners. It was basic theme park food the whole time. If they had a real sit down restaurant it would have been perfect.

The price was great, too! Online I got a three day "bounce pass" that allowed unlimited access to Christmas Town and the Colonial Sites for about $56 each.

I know most of you are probably West Coasters, or if you go East its to Florida.

I'd urge you all to come down and check it out some time! If Great Adventure in NJ did something like this, I would probably buy a season pass to just come to this!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Christmas Town at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA

Glad you enjoyed the Williamsburg version of Christmas Town! I see some similarities between their event and how Busch Gardens Tampa does it. At the Tampa park they do have actual turkey dinners and the like at some of the restaurants (including the buffeteria style ones).

The main buffeteria did have a "Christmas Dinner" turkey dinner option, but it was mostly the same old stuff and didn't look that appetizing. There was no sit down, table service style that we were aware of...I don't think there actually is one at all in the park.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Busch Gardens Tampa has one full-service restaurant, the Crown Colony. Sadly it was temporarily closed at the end of August due to budget cuts/lower than expected summer crowds, but they have it open during Christmas Town. A friend of mine works at that location and said it's been really busy so hopefully they'll have it open all the time again soon. Also during Christmas Town in Tampa, there's an upcharge dinner called Mrs. Claus' Feast, which includes storytelling by Mrs. Claus and the elves. I haven't done it myself but I've peeked in where it's held (the Desert Grill) and it looked interesting. I've done the "Fright Feast" they do there for Howl-O-Scream (a buffet that includes a taco bar that's VERY popular) though.