• ...TWO BITS!

Ever get stuck in USH's Tram Tour?

Has anyone ever been on a studio tram tour in USH and your tram just stopped? This happened to me about 3 times now.

Yesterday, we were going through the parting of the red sea. Then as my car (car 3) was dead center in the underwater roadway, the tram stalled. The electronic video and audio went out. I thought the tour guide was joking around. But he was serious. So everyone sat in the rushing water for 30 minutes. A tow truck came and 2 engineers were trying to get the tram running again. Instead, they towed the tram AND a truck pushed the tram from behind. All the other trams avoided stopping behind us by taking the detour. But for some reason, 1 tram got through and had to stop before going in the water until our broken tram got out of the way. After getting out, we were put into another tram. And a little kid had to go to the bathoom. The surrounding rushing water didn't help. At the end of the tour, each party received a prioity pass to one show or attraction.

2nd time I got stuck, it was right after JAWS did his thing. But the tram wouldn't move. So we waited for an engineer. He got it running and we continued. The guide played the video of Richard Dryfess saying how all over the island you could here on the walkie talkies go: "SSSHHHH, the shark is not working, repeat, the shark is not working". Then for some reason I went: "SSSHHHH, the tram is not working, repeat, the tram is not working"...

1st time, we got stopped infront of Falls Lake right before you entered the "forest area" and into the Mummy's Tomb. We waited awhile until we hopped on another tram.

SO I WAS WONDERING: Has anyone else got stuck before on USH's studio tram tour?

ALSO, don't know if this was reported, but the Mummy ride has pouches for you now. It's installed on the lap bar.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 01-30-2006 at 06:57 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Re: Ever get stuck in USH's Tram Tour?

Yes! And it is right infront of where the water spreads apart and you go through it. They had to call a truck out and they thought they fixed it until about five minutes later, we broke down again and then they had to call out another tram.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

This thread ought to be in Non-Disney Parks...

And it's never happened to me, but USH doesn't seem to do a very good job when it comes to upkeep, the way Disneyland does. Then again, last time I went on Indy, the snake didn't open his mouth...

• Banned User

My tram has had problems but never stopped. I don't like USH that much but they gave me a free AP so I intend to go a couple more times. They're employees are a joke they play on their cell phones WHILE WORKING IN PUBLIC!

Definetely not that great of a park but on the other hand the best movie studios ever.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    This thread ought to be in Non-Disney Parks...
    OH MY GOODNESS!! Why did I put it in DLR?!?!?!?!? Someone move this please, sorry.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park