• Singing Drinker

Renaissance Pleasure Faire in Irwindale, weekends through May 18th

Hey everybody!

Just wanted to pimp the recurring seasonal event that I'm spending too much time doing of late. The event homepage is at The Original Renaissance Pleasure Faire - basic details follow.

Event opened last weekend, our hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and basic admission (single day) is $26 with many specials available on and offline. We're located at the Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area, right behind the Miller Brewing plant off the 210/605 junction.

I'm onstage at Rogue's Reef at 12, 1:30 and 4:00 with the Poxy Boggards at the Rogue's Reef stage with our NC-17 sets, and at 5:30 towards the front at the Golden Jubilee stage for a clean set.

Hope to see you there!
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• former CM

Re: Renaissance Pleasure Faire in Irwindale, weekends through May 18th

^ ^
    Dude, you're IN Poxy Boggards?!?!

Ladies and Gentlemen, without even knowing it we've had a celebrity in our midst!
    Seriously, I saw you guys last year and you're GREAT! Among my favorite foul-mouthed entertainers!

But for you families, it's kids-are-free weekend (Sat. & Sunday, April 12 & 13).

And Walgreen's stores sells discounted discounts, except for some of those tiny Walgreen's that hardly sell anything but drugs.

I also recommend:
    Clan Tynker
    & Broon.

I also recommend caramel apples in a bowl. (That's food, not an act.)

Again:
    The Original Renaissance Pleasure Faire
    Last edited by jcruise86; 04-12-2014 at 05:10 PM.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Hey everybody!

Just wanted to pimp the recurring seasonal event that I'm spending too much time doing of late. The event homepage is at The Original Renaissance Pleasure Faire - basic details follow.

Event opened last weekend, our hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and basic admission (single day) is $26 with many specials available on and offline. We're located at the Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area, right behind the Miller Brewing plant off the 210/605 junction.

I'm onstage at Rogue's Reef at 12, 1:30 and 4:00 with the Poxy Boggards at the Rogue's Reef stage with our NC-17 sets, and at 5:30 towards the front at the Golden Jubilee stage for a clean set.

Hope to see you there!
    Below is a recent award bestowed upon Micechat's own Bog Lurch and his delightfully obscene Poxy Boggards!

Winners of the 7th Annual Renaissance Festival Awards of 2011

Posted on March 1, 2012 by Marc Gunn

7th Annual Renaissance Festival Awards have been announced! Since its debut in 2005, the Awards have become a favorite activity of the Renaissance Festival Podcast. At its inception the Awards consisted of only two categories: Top 10 Music Performers and Top 10 Non-Music Performers. These are now approximately 25 categories. 3,111 votes were received this year. Renaissance Magazine and Celtic Music magazine sponsor the Awards.

These Awards were determined by popular vote. Voting starts annually on the 1st of September and continues through the 31st of December. Votes are submitted though the voting form at www.renaissancefestivalmusic.com/awards. The Awards also feature the Renaissance Festival Hall of Fame category, to highlight the efforts and achievement of outstanding members of the Renaissance Festival Community. Articles on the past Hall-of-Famers can be found on the website as will.

Conversation about the 8th Annual Renaissance Festival Awards for 2012 has begun. Fan may contribute their ideas and opinions through Renaissance Festival Music on Facebook. Fans involvement is the key to the Renaissance Festival Awards.

The Renaissance Festival Podcast is a free downloadable radio show. So listen atwww.renaissancefestivalmusic.com or find us on iTunes. The Renaissance Festival podcast is produced by Marc Gunn, Kristen Roger, Joe Haydu, , Tony Artym and Matt Ledder.

Best Renaissance Festival:

1) Bristol Renaissance Faire
    2) Texas Renaissance Festival
    3) Sterling Renaissance Festival
    4) Scarbrough Renaissance Festival
    5) Minnesota Renaissance Festival
    . . .

Best Music Group:

1) Tartanic
    2) Circa Paleo
    3) Empty Hats
    4) The Jolly Rogers

5) Poxy Boggards
    . . .

• Singing Drinker

Thank you kindly for the support. We have a lot of fun doing it - the picture's me, I'm the signpost over on the far wing.

The faire expanded considerably this year - they've added a new loop up by the front of the faire that winds through one of the more tree filled areas there. Our 5:30 set at the Golden Jubilee Stage is in that area, and it's a beautiful setting.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• former CM

. . . The faire expanded considerably this year - they've added a new loop up by the front of the faire that winds through one of the more tree filled areas there. Our 5:30 set at the Golden Jubilee Stage is in that area, and it's a beautiful setting.
    I can't wait! We'll probably see you there tomorrow.

If you like trees, travel to the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Wisconsin just north of the Illinois border. (We went in 2013.) It's been regularly winning "Best Renaissance Faire" for the past several years. Everything is set in a permanent, beautiful English village filled with many, many large, shady trees and small hills. It's also a great place to see many of the top ranked Ren Faire acts that don't make it out to California.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 04-11-2014 at 06:39 PM.

• Singing Drinker

Bristol's run by the same company that owns our faire out here - we get some of their acts in from time to time and they get some of ours. Exchange rennies?
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• former CM

We went today and had a nice time.

Sorry we didn't make it to Rogue's Reef, Mr. Lurch.

We loved Clan Tynker!

Ded Bob really meant the PG-13 label, and he had some funny jokes, but I don't think he's in the same league as Broon.

Nine dollars for a beer?!
    We had planned on drinking, but had no beers after being disappointed in this high price.

There's an El Cholo in the food stand lawn, and we got filled up there for $10.00 per person.

• Singing Drinker

Yeah. Festival pricing on beer is... what it is. Glad you enjoyed the rest of the faire - hope you can make it back to catch us at a later date

FWIW, the craft beer stand at the Rogue's Reef stage stocks locally brewed beers - the last two weekends we've had Ritual Brewery, at least if you're gonna get hit hard for the beer price it'll be worth it.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• former CM

Yeah. Festival pricing on beer is... what it is. Glad you enjoyed the rest of the faire - hope you can make it back to catch us at a later date

FWIW, the craft beer stand at the Rogue's Reef stage stocks locally brewed beers - the last two weekends we've had Ritual Brewery, at least if you're gonna get hit hard for the beer price it'll be worth it.
    Dear Bog,
    I think the last time I snuck alcohol into somewhere when I shouldn't have was in the early 1980s, but I just can't pay $9 for a beer . . . yet.

I almost started a thread directly in Micechat's Litterbox "How best to sneak alcohol in to the Ren. Fair" (Tiny bottle(s?) of booze concealed in calf-high sock, poured into soda next to toilet? Not as glamorous or exciting as the balloon swallowed before an international flight, but easier to get to.)

Although, again, Clan Tynker alone makes the faire a good bargain, it was frustrating not visiting Rogue's Reef yesterday.

If individual members of Poxy Boggards are introduced, expect to hear a "MICECHAT!" yelled out after "Bog Lurch!"

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Dear Bog,
    I think the last time I snuck alcohol into somewhere when I shouldn't have was in the early 1980s, but I just can't pay $9 for a beer . . . yet.

I almost started a thread directly in Micechat's Litterbox "How best to sneak alcohol in to the Ren. Fair" (Tiny bottle(s?) of booze concealed in calf-high sock, poured into soda next to toilet? Not as glamorous or exciting as the balloon swallowed before an international flight, but easier to get to.)

Although, again, Clan Tynker alone makes the faire a good bargain, it was frustrating not visiting Rogue's Reef yesterday.

If individual members of Poxy Boggards are introduced, expect to hear a "MICECHAT!" yelled out after "Bog Lurch!"
    *snicker* Don't get TOO creative with the hooch. There's a conga line of drunks and other unfortunates marched out to talk to the nice men with guns and badges on heavy crowd days. It's not an oppressive amount of attention, but the park *is* a federal property with the attendant extra regulation.

As to stopping by, definitely do! We're usually pretty approachable, though if you hit us up right after a show we reserve the right to pass out on you. It's hot up there
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Singing Drinker

Last weekend of the event is this coming weekend - if you've been planning to go, this is the time.

It's been blazing hot the last few weekends but this should be a cooler experience all the way around. Come on out, and stop by to say hi!
    Woo! Spring is coming!