• Closed Account

newest coaster x-perience

Have you ever been freaked out by a ride, and are always hesitant to go on it, until one day you finally break down and ride that ride?

Well i went on X for the first time yesterday, after working in the park for almost a year now. I have always said that i would never ride X, and my brother dragged me on. It was incredible! Enjoyed it emensly.
    Anybody else ever "think themselves into being freaked out"? I guess I told myself "no", so many times that when ever i heard the word X, i would automatically equate it with: nope, never, nada. The more said "yes", the easier it was to wait in the queue, get loaded in the car, etc.

• CM for 4 years!

Re: newest coaster x-perience

X was probably the only coaster I've ever ridden that actually SCARED me. Oh man, that rush of adrenaline and the stress-related headache that came afterwards were SO worth it though!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Well last time I went to Six Flags I made myself sick because of the nerves of going on the coasters. Hadn't even gotten in the park and I felt ill! But after the first one I relaxed.

I went on that Accelerator one @ Knotts during Halloween Haunt in '04 and even though it's a short ride, it's still scary as hell.

• white and nerdy

Well.... i can't say that roller coasters, regardless of how extreme, scare me...

After you've been base jumping and bungee jumping and the like then coasters are just fun.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Circle of Ancients

I've ridden X I think 5 or 6 times.

Had one GREAT ride on it.
    Had 2 or 3 okay rides on it.
    Had 2 kick me in the @$$ and call me nancy rides.

The last time I rode it was last March and my back hurt for WEEKS after.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    Well.... i can't say that roller coasters, regardless of how extreme, scare me...

After you've been base jumping and bungee jumping and the like then coasters are just fun.
    I agree, but for me it was statline jumping. So a safe secure coaster is definitely more fun than anything else, no matter how big or bad they look. Although I think X does push the envelope on how extreme a coaster can get. Besides the oh $@#% first drop, really some mind-blowing forces being exerted on some of those somersaults.
    "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again..."- Bart Simpson