• Disneyland Dreamer

Our 2014 June Prescott Family trip for Father's day...

So we left Phoenix maybe 2-ish… We get off the 17 headed towards Prescott, and BAM!!! I get nailed by a speed trap where they drop the intrastate highway from 65mph to 45mph. I was given a “Break” from being “out of town” (aka revenue generation), so I’ll get to do online traffic school because I haven’t had a moving violation in 12 years. RACKET. It was literally like Cars where the sheriff is sitting behind a billboard next to a lower speed sign.

At any rate, we got up to the cabin afterwards, moved all the stuff in.

At the cabin I took some pics…

Then went for a walk out into the national forest…along roads…

Saw this cool burl along the way… that’s worth some $....

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: Our 2014 June Prescott Family trip for Father's day...

It was a pretty cold night… low 50s…

KEW wasn’t quite ready to get going in the morn:

We decided as we were up there to check out some properties… The first one… a couple acres… but STEEEP…..

Then… we checked out a 4.3 Acre parcel which is basically half of the top of a foothill mountain…(priced at the bargain price of $200k with a little garage, well, electric, and water tank…

Afterward, we headed to Lower Goldwater Lake…The First stop.. the various playgrounds…

And then down to the water.. (for those not in the know, AZ is in a 12 year drought..)

And the wife judging me….

Same park… different playground…

Out on the trail which leads HALF way around the lake (apparently you cannot cross the dam and come back on the other side)

KEW has to climb EVERY boulder she comes across

• Disneyland Dreamer

Sunday morning, we drove over to Lynx Lake…. CEW got bit in the butt by some dog in the queuing area. Amy should have confronted the owner and had the dog tested given it broke the skin… she just didn’t look far enough down Char’s butt to see the wound… and she whines all the time… subsequently… the infant was booted from the carrier… a camelback was strapped to her back not much later, and CEW got a ¾ of the way ride around the lake…

And… VEW gets the camelback strapped to her…

She’s a trooper… This is the half way point around the lake… kid is a BRUTE…

About this time CEW decided her butt was better…

Char and I decided to explore the VERY dry spill way…

The drive back to the cabin was “interesting”. We took the HWY Lynx Lake was on South until it connected with the Senator Highway… And by road.. I mean mule trail not quite wide enough for two vehicles to pass (that was darn interesting). And then dirt roads back until pavement… probably 15-20 miles worth of switchbacks… talk about DUST…

• Disneyland Dreamer

Monday morning, we got up and decided to head up to the top of Spruce Mountain… there’s a fire lookout up there…The wind up top was gusting to 50mph which made the climb up interesting at best…The gal working the station is apparently 11hrs on, 13hrs off…

You can see Lynx lake WAY in the distance here..

This altitude and a little bit of physical activity will take your breath away if you aren’t used to it…

And some pics of the girls…

The drive down the mountain resulted in a shredded tire… A quick swap to the donut spare landed me at Discount for a 3 hour and $600 wait while we got FOUR new tires. Being AWD, they refused to put any other make/size tire on it, so I had to trade in my 5 month old three good tires on four of a more common size/make. It was unpleasant… No wonder I drive a SELECTABLE 4WD vehicle vs. the wife’s AWD vehicle.. Alas.. more vehicles are going the AWD route where you can’t actually select your power to the pavement mode…

• Disneyland Dreamer

And some fourth day pics while I was at Discount and the eldest girls and the wife were enjoying downtown Prescott and Whisky row.