Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Six Flags...more parade, more fireworks (Merged Threads)

Lol...no wonder I couldn't find the "If its good enough for DCA" thread...

I like this quote too...

"If you have a theme park, about every two years, you have to put in a new ride. You have to find land," he said. "Parades are a lot easier to tweak. Just change the light bulbs and the costumes."
    You'll still need a new ride every two years...ask Paul Pressler how well the "give them a new parade they won't know the difference" worked out...I seriously hope this "analyst" doesn't think that is acceptable stratagy...

You know every time it sounds like Shapiro & Crew have a good idea, something else comes up (in the same article too) that makes them seem like they have no clue what they are doing. Want to add parades and fireworks? Great. Say JUST THAT, don't continue on to how that is all you want to do because you can "tweak" it and people won't know. Even if this "analyst" is working with the paper and not SF...still a dumb thing to say. Complete buisness "save every penny" mentality.

• Circle of Ancients

Six Flags has a new home page with no Mr. Six.

http://www.sixflags.com/index.asp

• The answer is 42

I haven't a clue if each park will have their own unique entertainment offerings (i.e. parade, fireworks, etc.); however, I do know that this stuff is being rolled out in all of the parks. My local news comes out of Washington, DC so they get a lot of info. from the Dan Snyder camp and the new more "family friendly improvements" have been reported here as being for all of the Six Flags parks.

I agree, it is blatatly obvious who they're trying to emulate and I just don't know if Dan Snyder can pull it off. He's too focused on the almighty dollar. Here's hoping he's got some good people who he'll trust to implement programs and not micro-manage.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a dark side & a light side and it binds the Universe together.

• Banned User

Word from a certain website mentions that BPB will be wrapping up at the end of summer and moving to the Disney MGM Studios. In it's place will be seasonal parades starting with Halloween. Just rumors though...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12