Universal IOA Questions

Hi, everybody. I'm going to be at Islands of Adventure (first time) and Universal Studios (first time in YEARS) from April 31-March 3. I have a few questions.
    I hear that Dudley Do-Right is closed. This has been posted at the official site for months. I am a huge Rocky and Bullwinkle fan and would hate to miss this, it is one of the rides I was really looking forward to. Does anyone know when or if it is re-opening? I know there have been numerous injuries, does that have something to do with it?

Second, just how intense is the Jurassic Park ride? My little sister isn't sure if she wants to go on it (heck, 85 feet at that steep an angle sounds pretty intense to me, too! Not to mention the scary dinos.) and I'm not sure if it's appropriate. What do you guys think.

Thanks!

Re: Universal IOA Questions

I didn't have a chance to ride Dudley to refurishment in 2003, but I hear that it is a great ride. From what I could tell, it looked very exciting.

As JP Adventure, I did ride that. The drop looks bad, but it is really isn't. It goes so fast, that you don't notice it. I don't know if your sister, would be afraid of the Dinosaurs. There alot of dark spots and loud noises in this ride.

You got to check out Spider-man. That the most amazing ride at the resort.

If you have anymore question feel free to ask me.

• Just this guy......

I went to IOA for the first time a few years ago and had a great time. It's a wonderful park. It's not Disney, but is still great. I don't know about Dudley, you can always call the park to try and get more information. Besure to check out the whole park, there are great things everywhere. Spider-man is really just as amazing as everyone says. I also liked cat in the hat. It's a fun little dark ride.

If you are into coasters you can't beat this place both with Hulk and
    Dueling Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe
    I didn't have a chance to ride Dudley to refurishment in 2003, but I hear that it is a great ride. From what I could tell, it looked very exciting.

As JP Adventure, I did ride that. The drop looks bad, but it is really isn't. It goes so fast, that you don't notice it. I don't know if your sister, would be afraid of the Dinosaurs. There alot of dark spots and loud noises in this ride.

You got to check out Spider-man. That the most amazing ride at the resort.

If you have anymore question feel free to ask me.
    Thanks! Dudley Do-Right's been closed since 2003?! I'm really down about that, I'm such a huge fan of that show and themed log flumes like Splash Mountain. Spider-Man does look great.
    Glad to hear JP isn't too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    I went to IOA for the first time a few years ago and had a great time. It's a wonderful park. It's not Disney, but is still great. I don't know about Dudley, you can always call the park to try and get more information. Besure to check out the whole park, there are great things everywhere. Spider-man is really just as amazing as everyone says. I also liked cat in the hat. It's a fun little dark ride.

If you are into coasters you can't beat this place both with Hulk and
    Dueling Dragons.
    I'm more of a darkride guy than coasters, but IOA looks like it has some great darkrides. I might give Cat in the Hat a whirl.

Sorry. You miss unstood me. Dudley was closed in winter 2003 for mantenice. It opened back up agan.

Oh. Then maybe it will be open again?

Blog Entries

I love both IOA and USF! You are going to have a great time. I rode Dudley's on my October 2004 trip. First thing, I can not believe how wet we got! We were drenched. They have these guns above the bridge and people pelt you with water from them! It also is not even on the same level as Splash Mountain. It is mostly a lot of cutouts.

On the other hand, we did love the Popeye ride, the themeing was great!

Spiderman and Mummy are 2 of my all-time favorite rides!

• Why do you keep talking?

I rode Dudley last year. It's an AMAZING flume, but the themeing is rather meh on the inside. Kinda looks like they ran out of money. The latest news from Screamscape, is that it's still missing it's coaster track on the drop and hill. No clue what's up, but I hope they get it open by "Spring Break."
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

That is very dissapointing. It was the ride I wanted to go on most, but I'm sure I can still have a good time. Spider-Man looks great. The Popeye ride looks fun (does I'm surprised to hear you say that it is well-themed, nursemelis374, because raft rides aren't exactly known for good theming. As a Popeye fan, I'm glad to hear it!), so does Jurassic Park.
    Last edited by SomethingWicked451; 02-25-2006 at 03:19 PM.

• Banned User

Rumor: Budget is taking to long to get the track.. why they removed it who knows...

IOA does seem to be expensive, but have problems with matinence when it has to go down sometimes...

Ripsaw Falls is scheduled to re-open in April. It is rumored that they are just replacing the track on the final drop. Also, don't expect Dudley to be anything like Splash Mountain, but expect it to be great fun.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've enjoyed IOA the couple times I've been there. I remember the first time I went was when a bunch of cheerleaders invaded (there was some competition thing going on in one of the theatres). I forget how munch in quarters I went through to use the cannons over the bridge of the Popeye ride dousing them. I could've spent all day doing that and nothing else. MUWAHAHAHA!!!

The theming of Suess Landing is incredible. The Cat int he Hat ride is actually very cute and alot of fun which was a nice surprise. And I went for it and tried the green eggs & ham and it wasn't half bad!

Like others have said, if you like coasters, the Hulk and Dueling Dragons are so awesome. The queue for Dragons is so detailed it's insane.

I still need to check otu Spider-Man though. Both times I've been the line was way too long.

Over at the Studios, definitely go on Men in Black. It is 100 times better than Buzz Lightyear. My friends and I went on that 3 or 4 times in a row using the single rider line (we didn't care if we got split up).

Quote Originally Posted by Danny
    Ripsaw Falls is scheduled to re-open in April. It is rumored that they are just replacing the track on the final drop. Also, don't expect Dudley to be anything like Splash Mountain, but expect it to be great fun.
    April? My last day is April 3rd. It probably won't be opened by then. MAN, that sucks.

Don't give up hope yet. An April re-opening has been the most popular rumor, but nothing is official (the site simply says 'Closed for Seasonal Maintanence', but many people who claim to be employees say April) There's still a chance it could open at the end of March, although they seem to have slowed down on the progress.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingWicked451
    I'm more of a darkride guy than coasters, but IOA looks like it has some great darkrides. I might give Cat in the Hat a whirl.
    Well, the park only has two dark rides, Spiderman and Cat in the Hat, which I would both rate as "do not miss". Do also take in all the shows, again not Disney, but well worth your time.