• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Knott's Cuts Adult Ticket Price (Discussion) - Los Angeles Times, 3/1/06

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...lines-business

Knott's Berry Farm, which has struggled to boost attendance in recent years, is counting on lower ticket prices and cheaper cotton candy to attract more customers.

Starting today, the Buena Park venue will cut adult admission 11%, from $45 a ticket to $39.95, the company said Tuesday. The price of cotton candy will be reduced to 25 cents from $2.75.

James Zoltak, editor of Amusement Business, said Knott's price cuts could help put a trip to the amusement park back within reach of the lower- and middle-class visitors theme parks originally targeted.

"Parks were never viewed as a rich man's cup of tea, but they're getting to be now," Zoltak said, referring to the high cost of admission, food and souvenirs at theme parks.

"This has the potential to be very well received, especially if they get some marketing mileage out of it."
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Knott's Cuts Adult Ticket Price (Discussion) - Los Angeles Times, 3/1/06

Knott's Berry Farm Press Release

Knott's Berry Farm Stakes Their Claim as the Low Price Leader

BUENA PARK, Calif.--Feb. 28, 2006--Bucking current industry trends, Knott's Berry Farm, part of the Cedar Fair family of amusement parks, announced today that they would be rolling back their adult admission price to $39.95 from its current price of $45. This new adult pricing mirrors the rollback that Knott's introduced in 2002 with a cut in children's pricing, and again in 2005 when senior pricing was dropped to $14.95.

"Cedar Fair's CEO is sensitive to the fact that entertainment properties across the country are raising their prices, making a day at a theme park out of reach for the average consumer," said Cedar Fair's COO, Jack Falfas. "In response to his concerns, Knott's Berry Farm has decided to lower their adult admission rate and put a hold on any price increases on our food and beverage items."

In conjunction with the roll back in pricing, Knott's Berry Farm will also be spinning the savings on one of the Park's most popular items, cotton candy. Cotton candy itself dates back to the Mid-18th century in Europe, but gained fame in the United States at the 1904 Louisiana Exposition in St. Louis, and has been an American amusement park favorite ever since. Starting March 1 this delectable concoction of spun sugar will cost Knott's Berry Farm guests only 25 cents.

In another return to the past, Knott's Berry Farm is proud to announce the addition of the world's largest Johnny Rockets(R) to their Boardwalk area. Known for its all-American diner look and feel, Johnny Rockets(R) has been pleasing customers since 1986 with delicious food, swinging servers and great jukebox music reminiscent of the 1950s.

"We are thrilled to welcome Johnny Rockets to Knott's Berry Farm," said Knott's Berry Farm Vice President and General Manager Gregg Picon. "Johnny Rockets is a perfect fit to our Boardwalk area and adds yet another excellent dining option to our guests," said Picon.

Knott's Berry Farm is America's first theme park, and what was once 185 acres of farmland now contains over 165 rides, shows and attractions. Whether you are interested in world-class thrill rides, taking the little ones to Camp Snoopy, or experiencing Knott's seasonal shows and shopping experiences, Knott's Berry Farm is still the real deal when it comes to family fun. For additional admission discounts and special offers, visit knotts.com.

Knott's Berry Farm is a member of the Cedar Fair L.P. family of amusement parks and water parks nationwide. The publicly traded partnership is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol "FUN." In addition to Knott's Berry Farm, Cedar Fair owns and operates six other amusement parks, five water parks and one indoor water park resort.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I guess it must be harder to maintain with parks such as Disneyland within Anaheim.

We went in September last year, and I can honestly say I got bored quickly. We went on a few rides, and still had hours to wait until our shuttle returned to pick us up. We actually went up the road to the Hollywood Wax Museum to kill some time.

Maybe it is just me, but I'm just not into the G-force coasters for the sake of them. At least with Disneyland (and I'm truly biased here), there are 'in between' rides. There it is either really kiddie (Camp Snoopy) or thrillseeker stuff. I did enjoy the wagon train around the place.

The jam was definitely worth going for though! I think the price drop is a good thing, especially given that a 1-Day Hopper ticket is $79 for Adults over at DLR. (And only $59 for a single park). There is simply less to do there in between rides. The Navajo hoop dance was really cool though, and I think that if Knott's put on more shows and non-ride attractions, they'd give patrons something to fill up their whole day.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

It still costs too much to go to Knotts for the crap quality service and employees they have.

Especially when I go to use the restroom and people in there are smoking pot. When I sent Knotts a letter they blamed it on some excuse that the smell came from the Indian area. That was reason enough for me to never go again. I miss Knotts the way it used to be.

</vent>

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Not much of a price drop, not at all. Hey Cedar Fair! Get some sense, get a brain, re-add a ton of the park's old rides (Bear-y Tales, that Pagoda thing, Soapbox Racers..-COUGH-). Then maybe it'll be worth it for everyone to go back into the park. xP Seriously, the only reason we even go -near- Knott's is to get the chicken (and boysenberry punch. love that stuff. =D). I went inside the actual park last the year before the one they ripped out KOTD. It seriously depressed me to see such a wonderful park from my childhood in such a sorry state.

• Banned User

I will enjoy the place, and there is tickets out there for 24 dollars ( do not foget to pick them up for me darkbeer and the cotton candy for 25 cents, thats fantastic!~! I love knotts, and for 24.00 you can enjoy your self with plenty to do

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I will enjoy the place, and there is tickets out there for 24 dollars ( do not foget to pick them up for me darkbeer and the cotton candy for 25 cents, thats fantastic!~! I love knotts, and for 24.00 you can enjoy your self with plenty to do
    I got a bunch of the Del Taco Coupons last Tuesday, Karla

In fact, if anyone needs a Knott's discount coupon, admission for just $24.95, up to 6 tickets with one coupon, expires May 26th, 2006, drop me a PM with your mailing address, and I will send one to you....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    I got a bunch of the Del Taco Coupons last Tuesday, Karla

In fact, if anyone needs a Knott's discount coupon, admission for just $24.95, up to 6 tickets with one coupon, expires May 26th, 2006, drop me a PM with your mailing address, and I will send one to you....
    your awsome!!! I will send you my address, then I will put it in with my disneyland package for safe keeping. remind me to buy you a beer when I get there , you deserve one!!! Thank you I appreciate this so much!! Say, I wonder if there will be a limit on the cotton candy , I think I will bring a whole suitcase back for the boys LOL! at 25 cents a pop, man this is going to be awsome!!
    Email on the way DAve!!